Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Cermark ViperJet Question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Cermark ViperJet Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 10:47 AM
sticks-RCU
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cermark ViperJet Question

I have been going through a ViperJet I aquired a year or two ago. Last night I was moving it around with the wings on and found that they were pivoting when I would lift up the jet and set it down. Upon inspection, all of the four wing blade receivers in the fuse are very loose. Has anyone else seen this? I am thinking I will want to tighten them up with the wings on and sitting on the ground so they will not move when landing. I have attached a few pictures of the back receiver, I am still trying to figure out how to get a wrench on the front allen screws to tighten them.

Lesson, if you buy something that someone else built/put together maker sure you go over everything with a fine tooth comb.

Sticks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93827.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	1398723   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni22563.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	1398724  
Old 03-15-2010, 10:57 AM
JetCatJimmy

Default RE: Cermark ViperJet Question

Wow it's good that you saw that prior to flying. Not sure what that would have done with loading and unloading of the wings during flight.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:21 AM
vinnyjet
My Feedback: (39)

sticks
on our viperjet the bolts were fine when the plane was new
but after about 60 flts we had to tighten them
vinny
Old 03-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

Sticks,

The plates will loosen up because eventually the wood will compress under the washers.

I would take one of the brackets off and make an aluminum plate 3/32" to 1/8" thick and transfer the hole locatioons from the barcket to the aluminum plate. Then bolt the bracket back on using longer bolts that will go thru the bracket, the former, and the aluminum plate. The former will now be sandwiched between the bracket and the aluminum plate. Because the pressure of the bolts is now spread out over the large area of the aluminum plate you made, the possibility of the wood compressing when tightening the screws is slim to none.

Bob
Old 03-15-2010, 08:26 PM
sticks-RCU
My Feedback: (23)

Thanks for all the great feedback. It looks like I will be having some fun tonight, I will post pictures as I go.

Sticks