Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 Fly Eagle Jet AT 3 >

Fly Eagle Jet AT 3

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fly Eagle Jet AT 3

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 09:13 AM
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fly Eagle Jet AT 3

Hi,
Is any one one flying the FEJ AT 3 ? I recently finished building one and looking for any information which would ease the stress of flying a seemingly unrecognised modle , at least here in the US.
As far the build went I am very happy with the customer support , quality , fit and finish . Just need a little reassurance before the maiden flight.
Thanks
Jose
Old 05-05-2010, 10:19 AM
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Fly Eagle Jet AT 3

Hi Jose,

Try this thread... [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8270778/anchors_8270778/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#8270778]Click Here[/link]
I have one that I have started assembling but because of moving out of state, it has sat in a box for a few months...

George
Old 05-05-2010, 10:40 AM

Thanks George,
Good luck with yours when you finish it. The AT 3 is a very impressive modle. I took it to our flying field for show and tell ant it was a big hit.
I wish there were more flying. I know there is a video on the FEJ which looks good but I am looking for a little more information on it. I am familiar with the one on the post you suggested but it has not flown yet . I know the builder which has been a great resource to me on the build.
Thanks Bill.......
Old 05-05-2010, 12:05 PM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Guys

I've built one of these, went together OK. I did change the air rams to UP and had a different pipe made. Changed a few of the linkages too but just due to me being fussy more than anything else. Check the glue around the formers where you can the one I did had spots where there was none. I ended up using a key hole camera to check the wings but found them to be fine. Balanced just forward of the recommended CG and flew well I'm told.

HTH

Alex
Old 05-05-2010, 12:30 PM
My Feedback: (34)

Hi,
you can call me on my cell for any info on this jet . I have been flying it for the past year. There are pics posted on FEJ site of my jet in flight...

Thanks,
Tommy
914 482 1561
Old 05-05-2010, 01:11 PM

Thanks Guys,
Nice to know that there are others currently flying. I have the upgraded wings and flying stabs on mine. And I believe the upgraded pipe too. There is a vast difference between the old style wings and stabs. My previous jet was the JL L39 which flew great , I am hoping the AT3 has similar flying characteristics. I will post photos and maiden results soon . Tommy your AT3 looks great, it's the same color scheme as mine. I have all of the missiles and bombs too but I don't know if I will install them.
Jose