Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Who thinks Habus are over rated and boring?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Who thinks Habus are over rated and boring?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 08:18 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Who thinks Habus are over rated and boring?

ORIGINAL: Ali
.....The main thing that has kept me so enticed with my Habu is flying it alongside a friend. We have had a riot just messing around flying basic syncro stuff right through to some dog fights. It's all pretty low risk as unless you have a high speed mid air ( Opposite directions) they tend to bounce off each other. ......

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85226.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	1453858  
Old 06-16-2010, 08:19 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: DavidR

Hey Andy.........

Maybe you could use the Habu to learn how to land ON the runway.......... Bwahahahahahaha (Oooooooooo that's gotta hurt!)

The little F86 is a blast, but like Bob-O said it does get small fast.

DR
Actually it does.. I keep having a hard time transitioning from our usual 4,000 foot runway to that 600-800 footer at Mt. Pleasant. Same with Shreveport. There is not much room for error. Maybe a few more years flying on them will teach me lol. I could have gotten an award for the most and fastest nose gear repairs on my boomer from running off into the grass if they offered it. I don't think I've ever run off with you spotting for me though. Maybe you can give me some short runway landing pointers next year.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:23 AM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Hey Andy.........

Maybe you could use the Habu to learn how to land ON the runway.......... Bwahahahahahaha (Oooooooooo that's gotta hurt!)

DR
Actually it does.. I keep having a hard time transitioning from our usual 4,000 foot runway to that 600-800 footer at Mt. Pleasant. Same with Shreveport. There is not much room for error. Maybe a few more years flying on them will teach me lol. I could have gotten an award for the most and fastest nose gear repairs on my boomer from running off into the grass if they offered it. I don't think I've ever run off with you spotting for me though. Maybe you can give me some short runway landing pointers next year.
[sm=idea.gif]I have a solution for that, everytime you get ready to fly we'll just move the runway down a bit.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:31 AM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It is what it is.... Take it out of the box and go fly it !!!! No engineering, no guessing if it will fly, hell, even the C.G. is good right out of the box.!!!! If your deal is to buy a kit/project and try and out-think the thinkers who designed it, the the Habu isn't for you. Just go enjoy it !!!!! BTW, the retracts are a great mod... A pegged leg jet just don't look right !!!!!
Andy, If you have a different EDF foamie you can't live without let me know. I'll buy it for you and we can trade it for your F-16.. Even. !!!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:34 AM
afterburner chuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the habu is great it does tail slides stall turns and hammer heads and its not that expensive to repair
Old 06-16-2010, 09:14 AM
kevin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The Habu is a blast. Maybe you just need a little paint, some retracts, and a couple of tip tanks to make it more fun.

Name:	Hf99615.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	1453865   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68057.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	1453866  
Old 06-16-2010, 09:34 AM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Too cool.

Where did you get the tip tanks?
Old 06-16-2010, 10:01 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Reflex ailerons on the throttle stick help with landings, you can slow it down a lot on the glide and the wash out from the reflex stops any tendancy to tip stall, not that I have, I have them set so they only come on when the throttle is on its stop, but come off if I open the throttle even if I don't have any power left, seems I always land when the battery has run out. LOL

Mike
Old 06-16-2010, 10:19 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

ORIGINAL: tothemax

I fly while my Black Lab chases it. More fun than I ever imagined!!
Here's my dog in the chase, rottie lab healer cross, she wasn't sure what to do when we had 5 in the air at once!

Name:	Nl30069.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	1453882  
Old 06-16-2010, 10:37 AM
tothemax

I've messed up a couple times and she caught it but the teeth holes are easily patched if you can get to her before the killing starts.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:17 PM
mk1spitfire

Needs a 6s to wake it up.!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 02:41 PM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

Kevin: Repaint looks great...
Old 06-16-2010, 04:03 PM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Hey Andy.........

DR
It's just my superior piloting skills.......

Just holler at me at Shreveport, I'll help ya hit the short runway. Ya just have to practice!

DR
Old 06-16-2010, 04:07 PM
P. Richards
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been flying the Habu for a while and it is the most relaxing easy to fly plane
that I own. I recently did a retract mod and I enjoy every flight. The Habu is great for those that
want to try a ducted fan but not willing to spend a lot of money or time. If I crashed mine
I would pick up another one immediately. I am to the point that I don't want to go the
field without my Habuski...

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
Old 06-16-2010, 04:07 PM
jfetter

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

You're looking at it beyond it's intended purpose. I think it's the most fun piece of foam I've ever had and worth every penny. If you bought it hoping it would be fast, then I could see the disappointment. We've all bought ours for those after hours flights, get multiples in the air and chase each other with them. With about 100 flights on mine, I just keep liking it more and more. Bounce and go's are a hoot, doing the stupid things I don't want to risk with my turbines (like inverted passes that scrape the rudder) are awesome with the habu.
Over-rated, not even a little bit, I think they freakin rock!!!!!!!
What he said!

Jack
Old 06-16-2010, 04:16 PM
NickC5FE
My Feedback: (31)

who thinks the jet forum needs some friggin build threads. Is it that slow that this is the type of thread that gets thrown-up. [:@] I remember when this forum was chock-full of good information, now........this.........really??????[:@]
Old 06-16-2010, 04:47 PM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: acw

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

You're looking at it beyond it's intended purpose. I think it's the most fun piece of foam I've ever had and worth every penny. If you bought it hoping it would be fast, then I could see the disappointment. We've all bought ours for those after hours flights, get multiples in the air and chase each other with them. With about 100 flights on mine, I just keep liking it more and more. Bounce and go's are a hoot, doing the stupid things I don't want to risk with my turbines (like inverted passes that scrape the rudder) are awesome with the habu.
Over-rated, not even a little bit, I think they freakin rock!!!!!!!
I totally agree. Best value on the market. That's a lot of plane for $300.

Habus can fly pretty fast without the landing gear, 5 cell batteries and a new speed controller. It also helps to tape all the gaps.

Arnaud

Will the stock motor take 5 cells ?

My opinion of the Habu is pretty much as everyone satted. it is in fact boring if you fly it like a jet (which you shouldnt). it is a little more exciting once you get to the full throttle sl rolls 1 foot off the deck

It does what its designed to do pretty well i think.

Besides, i just got the new Evader from Electrifly - that micro bandit looking EDF looks exciting !
Old 06-16-2010, 05:31 PM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Will take delivery of the Freewing SU34 with full vectored thrust on Friday, now that should be interesting.

Mike
Old 06-16-2010, 06:06 PM
rk2648

Its a cool little jet. Wish they would fit retracts and come solid white so you could do your own colors.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Wayne22

Remember a few years ago..well. a lot of years ago....when everyone had to have a Zagi...claiming it to be the most fun you could have with your pants on?? Well the 'bu is the 21st version of that.... I have seen a bunch of swarms and it was a hoot - especially with Ginger in very hot persuit!! .....now I got one and hope to be part of the largest swarm north of the 49th next month...

they need to offer some different schemes, though... here is mine, so far....

Name:	Eb87041.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	1454028  
Old 06-16-2010, 07:50 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

Shui fan, 5S pack and a 100 amp controller = good fun!!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:01 PM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

my buddy put a hoffman motor in his - 1600W on the stock fan rotor with 4S and CC125 ESC - it flys well, definitely not a rocket though.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:13 PM
kevin

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The tip tanks are off of an old Kyosho T-33.

ORIGINAL: bcovish

Too cool.

Where did you get the tip tanks?
Old 06-16-2010, 09:25 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

A couple buddies and I used to have a blast flying ZAGIs together. They weren't much fun to fly solo either though. I see the same thing with the HABU. One guy has the F-86 and I was going to get the Mig for dogfighting but my other buddy beat me to it. After flying the little Mig he said, "I think I like jets now!!" I hope so cause I need some jet buddies in my area
Anything can get boring if you do it by yourself or don't push it to the max. We resorted to ZAGI bowling with empty fuel jugs
Old 06-16-2010, 09:35 PM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

Who starts a thread like this? Obviously you just want to bash Parkzone for some reason. Bitter party of 1.....your table's ready!!

The Habu is one of my all time favorites and I've been flying for 24 years!!

I personally prefer to make people feel good about themselves not the opposite but hey....that's just me.

Spence

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.