Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Weatronic update v2.30

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Weatronic update v2.30

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 05:13 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Weatronic update v2.30

Oli, fortunately I have the old PC and a laptop and I can tell you that GC 2.30 does see a Tx that is not yet upgraded! What it does is report some info but puts up a warning message that it won't work properly until the tx is upgraded. I then did the upgrade to the tx and one micro rx (what a faff due to useless instructions, like they need to be bound again from scratch but the upgrade instructions, only available in German, don't mention that the procedure for binding has been completely changed and the new binding instructions are hidden away on the website!!). Anyhow, after upgrading the tx, the old PC and laptop read it and the upgraded micro and the GPS fine, but my new PC refused to see the upgraded Tx. I have at last found it showing in the Windows control panel list of devices, with an error message next to it and eventually persuaded the PC to let me show it where the drivers are, and that at last has fixed it.

Wea really does need to get instructions out in English as well as German, and put big warnings on the upgrade instructions where it says you need to rebind, that the instructions we've been using for binding since the start no longer work and we need to go hunting their website for the new binding instructions. They do like to make things difficult!

Harry
Old 08-17-2010, 05:23 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

OK, now I see.
My laptop is working on Vista. I have both the GC 2.09 and 2.3 installed as well as the older Rxctrl for my 35 Mhz units. They all work perfectly well.
My desktop is working on 7 and I got it installed as well from the first try.

I suggest you to uninstall GC 2.3, clean the Windows registry and reinstall it.

Good luck
Old 08-17-2010, 04:31 PM
HarryC

I can't get the 12-22 to bind after the upgrade, any ideas?

I have succesfully upgraded and bound 3 micro Rx, so just the 12-22 to go. As per instructions, I formatted an sd card with FAT 32 and loaded only the upgrade file, nothing else. I installed the sd card in the rx and pulled out the red flag and it did as the instructions say, nothing happens for a few seconds then lights flash normally. Put red flag back in, then pull it out, insert blue flag, after 5 seconds the green LED goes to 1Hz flashes so it is in binding mode, switch on Tx and press button 2 for 5 seconds and green LED goes to 1Hz flash so it is in binding mode, but they never bind.

I thought maybe the upgrade had failed so I reloaded the upgrade onto the sd card and put it back into the Rx and pulled out the red flag but the lights just went straight to normal flashing, indicating that the Rx saw the upgrade is already applied and doesn't need to install it.

Went through the binding procedure many times but they just won't bind. Both rx and Tx green LEDs are flashing at 1Hz which means they are in binding mode.

I am doing the blue plug/button 2 within the 30 second time limit, I am keeping above the minimum 50cm separation distance.
Any ideas why it isn't working?

H.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:26 PM
HarryC

Well well! I emailed Alwin at tech support via the webmail link on their site and by the end of the day had a reply from him, in which he suggested trying something very odd - try a single press of button 1 (the range test button). It may be bizarre, but that sorted the fault, the 12-22 bound to the Tx.

H
Old 08-18-2010, 02:10 PM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Possibly too much RF power from the transmitter reaching the receiver. I have had trouble binding if the Tx is too close to the Rx.

Range button would cut the power radiated.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:48 PM
olnico

I guess that you're right Sid.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:06 PM
HarryC

I can see the logic in that, but I doubt it was that this time. At times I was a couple of metres away from the model trying to be sure of keeping the 1/2 metre minimum! Alwin mentioned trying to bind a 2.30 Tx with the rx still on previous version (I had not) the Tx will remember that and a press of button 1 sorts it, also sorts some other issues signified by unusual tx module light sequence during boot up. It seems that button 1 does some other hidden things as well as set range test mode!
Whatever, it works now so I can fly all my Wea models again.
At the same time I sent him an email with lots of questions about the GPS unit but got no answer as yet. Now that I have it, the forecast for the weekend is not flying weather, how typical, how very British!

H.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:07 AM
olnico

Harry, I have one 12-22 receiver that has exhibited the same problem as yours ( 1 out of 5 units I have ).
I have not had the time to sort it out yet. I'll try to get the bind done without using the "1" button first.
If it does not work I'll use this technique and report ( when I am back from vacations... )