RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   The new Tornado sport jet (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10095724-new-tornado-sport-jet.html)

RickyBoy48 11-14-2010 05:26 PM

RE: The new Tornado sport jet

I vote for plated

Mike06659 11-14-2010 07:50 PM

They look great!! Nice and beefy, will be great for the grass fields. Great job!!!!!!!!

LGM Graphix 11-15-2010 11:46 AM

Plated? With what? They're just a standard aluminum strut right? Just leave it natural aluminum. You could anodize them purple and charge $800 for them though ;) haha.
I don't know what kind of plating process you're talking about though, powder coating would be to thick, so I'd just leave them natural aluminum, if anything do a clear anodizing just so they don't mark up quite as easily, but any form of plating will just add to the cost.

DadsToysBG 11-15-2010 12:20 PM

I vote for natural too. Dennis

tothemax 11-15-2010 12:40 PM

It kinda looks like there may be some steel used for some of the parts. If that's the case they will need some kind of coating.</p>

Modellbau USA 11-15-2010 01:19 PM

The struts are steel and there going to nickel plated. As for cost it will add to our cost but not yours, they look great I had some done today. I thought of gold plating them for a pimp my tornado version but MTV did not buy into it hahaha lol

Modellbau USA 11-15-2010 01:22 PM

<div>Oh yea we flew our factory demo today and it flew great it flew better than the prototype. I will have a video up in a few hours.</div><div></div>

readyturn 11-15-2010 02:02 PM

OK........... Can't wait to see this! [sm=thumbup.gif]

Rick

Modellbau USA 11-15-2010 04:16 PM

I just uploaded the flight video of Our Factory Demo Plane on youtube. I hope you guys likeit here is the link make sure to watch it in full screen mode you can see the plane better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT8gDy6a8gw

747junky 11-15-2010 05:04 PM

Thats awesome cool video. I cant wait to get mine

Pepperpete 11-15-2010 07:06 PM

Video looked excellent!!

Can you show us a picture of the underside of the plane with the retracts and new struts retracted? I couldn't help notice that at 1:30 in the vid the hole that was cut for the nosewheel is somewhat huge? I'm sure it's just because this is a prototype. The wheel well plastic covers will still work with the struts correct? I really want to seal the wings with them and I'm curious to see if the struts fit flush with the wing or not.

I could not tell but how did you secure the canopy? Great job guys!

Modellbau USA 11-15-2010 07:21 PM

Actually the new struts fit almost flush with the wing, they stick out just a little bit not very much. The nose wheel did have to be cut a little but you still can use the plastic inserts. We elected not to use them since there is really no need but thats a personnel choice they can be used. The canopy is held in place very easily, you can see this clearly and how this is done in our instruction manual.

Tornado Video Link
<br type="_moz" />

Pepperpete 11-15-2010 07:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Modellbau USA

Actually the new struts fit almost flush with the wing, they stick out just a little bit not very much. The nose wheel did have to be cut a little but you still can use the plastic inserts. We elected not to use them since there is really no need but thats a personnel choice they can be used. The canopy is held in place very easily, you can see this clearly and how this is done in our instruction manual.

Tornado Video Link
<br type=''_moz'' />
Will the manual be posted online for us to have a look? =)

Modellbau USA 11-15-2010 07:36 PM

Actually that is the only place you can get it. We are not including a paper copy with the kit. You can download it from our website. I will have it up by next week hopefully I am finishing writing it now

Mark Huffman 11-15-2010 08:28 PM

Henry,

Do we need to let you know now if we want the gear package or will we have that option when payment for the kit is due?

Modellbau USA 11-15-2010 09:37 PM

We will give you the option when we contact you for payment. I will begin calling everybody Wednesday

RickyBoy48 11-15-2010 10:00 PM

What a beauty, hats off to you guys. Job well done

readyturn 11-15-2010 10:44 PM

I can hardly wait for your call............... :D;)[8D]

Rick

benitez195 11-16-2010 08:15 AM

Nice job Henry and the flights were awsome no bad habbits on the Airplane and easy layout again awsome job.

DadsToysBG 11-16-2010 06:43 PM

just got my phone call. My wallet is lighter. Dennis

hippo-1216 11-16-2010 07:59 PM

I also just got my call from Henry Cant wait to recieve the jet

readyturn 11-16-2010 08:11 PM

Henry........... I haven't got my call [:o]

Rick

KC36330 11-16-2010 08:15 PM

ORIGINAL: readyturn

Rick

that's because he was calling me...

readyturn 11-16-2010 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: KC36330

ORIGINAL: readyturn

Rick

that's because he was calling me...
Rats! Foiled again..............[>:]

readyturn 11-16-2010 09:12 PM

OK... Just got the call and I am a little lighter in wallet now!!