RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   The new Tornado sport jet (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10095724-new-tornado-sport-jet.html)

niteflyer 11-09-2010 10:52 PM

RE: The new Tornado sport jet

Really like in' the looks of the turbine/free jet deal. Are the trailing link struts ready to go yet. I definately need to go with them.

Thanks

Modellbau USA 11-10-2010 06:08 AM

Thank you I am glad everybody is liking the DEAL we have offered.As for the trailing link struts we are almost done with them I expect to have a set late today. As soon as I install them on our factory demo I will take pictures of the Struts, wheels and brakes package.

readyturn 11-10-2010 09:18 AM

Henry,,

Have you worked out the wheels, tires, brakes and struts?? Also, how is your servo supply, as I need to revise my order.

Thanks
Rick

Modellbau USA 11-10-2010 10:08 AM

Wheels and brakes are complete Ihad struts ready but, people wanted trailing links so we are making some now. Ishould have the first set for our demo plane today or tomorrow. As for the servo's I still have sets avialable but not many and planes are running low as well

Modellbau USA 11-10-2010 01:49 PM

Below is the pictures of the Wheels and brakes that are offered for our kit. I will post pictures of the trailing link hopefully by tomorrow

readyturn 11-10-2010 06:22 PM

Henry,

Looking good.............:D

Rick

acarlos 11-10-2010 09:28 PM

Hi Henry,

How much would be the shipping cost to Brazil through USPS Priority Mail?

Andre

Modellbau USA 11-10-2010 10:44 PM

I have priced shipping about 6 times and it is very high around $600 if you want an airplane or turbine I suggest you try air freight through the airlines

swasey1982 11-10-2010 11:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Modellbau USA

You guys are cracking me up LOL [img][/img]. I did get a interesting request, Somebody asked me if they purchased a Jet Cat turbine that was more or equal to the price of the P60SE would I give them a Free Tornado and the answer is yes thats no problem I will honor that as well
I have an idea who the requestee is jajajajajajaja :D saludos a Alberto.

757Driver 11-11-2010 05:51 AM

The wheels look great Henry. Love what you're doing.

Wideopen 11-11-2010 05:47 PM

Henry,

When will we see some flight video.

Modellbau USA 11-11-2010 06:04 PM

We will have a flight video early next week. Im sorry for the delay but we are waiting to have the trailing links installed on the airplane to show exactly what we offer for the plane. The trailing link project was a not suppose to be complete for 3 months but I have had my guys working non stop to get it done for you guys asap.

Modellbau USA 11-11-2010 10:56 PM

For all the RC guys down under in Australia and New Zealand, Southern Cross RC will have stock from the first shipment in December quantities are very limited so please contact them ASAP.

chris1971 11-11-2010 11:06 PM

Henry,

I want to say thank you for making such a nice airplane affordable! There are a lot of people who might be able to get into jets now. So far I am the only person in my club out of 175 members with a turbine powered jet (boomerang sprint). Hopefully a few will be able to jump on this deal and join the jet age!

Chris

Marcelo Assis 11-12-2010 10:42 AM

Hi Henry,
I sent you a PM yetserday.
I am from Brazil and I would like to sell your planes here.
How can we discuss it?
I am owner of Torch Engines, www.torchengines.com and I am also selling Kingtech turbines here. The combo will be pretty reasonable for people who belived jets are expensive.
Take care
Marcelo Assis
www.torchengines.com

RickyBoy48 11-12-2010 01:40 PM

OhI want one so bad, my wife is threatening DIVORCE.....yikes. Will you ever produce the Tornado in a different paint (cover) scheme. I should be good to go buy summer.

Modellbau USA 11-12-2010 01:45 PM

We are no longer accepting pre-orders for the TORNADO. Everybody on the list will be contacted next week for payment. TROY BUILT MODELS currently has about 20 airplanes left and will be selling them directly. As a means of continuing to help the RC Community I have coordinated with Gene the President of Troy Built Models to offer the same Turbine deal that I am offering. So please visit www.troybuiltmodels.com for TORNADO sales and the JET CAT P60SE DEAL. We will have more stock of TORNADO in the New Year. We will continue to offer HUGE discounts on all JET CAT turbine so please contact us directly for details. Oh Yea when I mean HUGE I mean HUGE no body can beat my price on JET CAT I will meet and beat any price you bring me. This is our way of saying Merry Christmas to all

erbroens 11-12-2010 02:08 PM

ORIGINAL: RickyBoy48

Oh I want one so bad, my wife is threatening DIVORCE.....yikes. Will you ever produce the Tornado in a different paint (cover) scheme. I should be good to go buy summer.
Buy it anyway and tell your wife with a straight face you are so sure about your marriage integrity that no airplane, no matter how expensive, (or much time you spend on it) can taint it. :) ;)

Enrique

Modellbau USA 11-12-2010 06:20 PM

<div>Jet Cat Christmas Special !!!! We will match any advertised price on ANY Jet Cat Turbine and beat it by a minimum of $50.00</div><div></div><div>Take an additional $100 off if you do not need a GCU</div>

HELLFIRE989 11-12-2010 11:12 PM

Henry, the advertised "flying weight" of the Tornado is 14.5lbs. What is considered flying weight? What i am asking is the flying weight calculated with the p-60 and full fuel? Or is it just the airframe with the retracts .... no turbine, struts,wheels, servos, fuel etc?? Basically how much does this plane weigh RTF with a p60 and fuel?

Modellbau USA 11-13-2010 07:25 AM

Ok good question the weight is as follows.

Tornado including all gear, Turbine and full UAT- 14.5lb. ( this weight is with all the gear we sell and built as per our instructions)

Take-off weight full 80oz of fuel- 18.5 lb.<br type="_moz" />

djrnav 11-14-2010 01:52 PM

PM sent

Modellbau USA 11-14-2010 02:03 PM

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px; ">First off all I wanted to say sorry for the delay on the trailing links but here they are. I hope you guys like them. The price for the Wheels, Brakes struts and trailing links are $285.00 They fit directly into our gear that is supplied with the TORNADO. Also please forgive the aesthetics we just quickly painted them this morning the production struts will be either painted white or plated, Please give me your input on what you guys prefer.
</span>

readyturn 11-14-2010 02:49 PM

I vote for plated... paint will chip over a period of time. :D

Rick

Modellbau USA 11-14-2010 03:59 PM

I agree im 90% sure that they will be plated but I am looking for as much feed back as possible. Thanks