RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   The new Tornado sport jet (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10095724-new-tornado-sport-jet.html)

BaldEagel 11-06-2010 10:26 AM

RE: The new Tornado sport jet

ORIGINAL: Modellbau USA

HAHAHA LOL that was a good one. Actually yes you can get a full 90 degrees but you will have to use Robart Hinges instead of the Plastic with pin type that comes with the kit. Then you can get very close to full 90. It takes a little bit of rigging since the they are designed to be flaps not speed brakes but it can definitely can be done. Hope that helps
Exactly what I did on the Falcon, plus swaped the flaps from one side to the other and turned them up side down to get rid of the taper on the LE.

Mike

Modellbau USA 11-06-2010 01:06 PM

<div>We have several request for pricing for building services for the TORNADO there are as follows.</div><div></div><div>A/C fully hinged: $50.00 plus prices of airplane</div><div></div><div>A/C fully assembled and flight tested: $500 plus cost of airplane and equipment</div><div></div><div>Customs paint scheme: $500 includes painted fuselage and monokote wings,booms and stabilizer plus price of airplane. Fully glassed and painted airplanes also available for $800 plus the coast of this aircraft</div>

Pepperpete 11-06-2010 04:44 PM

<div>We have several request for pricing for building services for the TORNADO there are as follows. </div><div> </div><div>A/C fully hinged -$50.00 plus prices of airplane</div><div> </div><div>A/C fully assembled and flight tested-$500 plus cost of airplane and equipment </div><div> </div><div>Customs paint scheme- $500 includes painted fuselage and monokote wings,booms and stabilizer plus price of airplane. Fully glassed and painted airplanes also available for $800 </div>
Please clarify. Fully glassed and painted airplanes for $800. Is that $800 and then the price of the aircraft as well? Or $800 all up? When you say fully painted do you mean in a scheme such as Diamondback or whatever or just a basic color pattern.

Also with the fully glassed wings, what is the maximum thrust turbine we would be able to put on the plane? I am very blown away at how accommodating you guys are being about this aircraft.

Modellbau USA 11-06-2010 04:51 PM

I am sorry that was a little vague, It is $800 plus the cost of the airframe. That is for a custom paint job and fully glassed airplane. hope that clarifies this up for you. Also turbine is still the same, if you go with the fully glassed airplane it does add a little weight so a P70 or similar would be the perfect match

mdeseve 11-06-2010 06:10 PM

Henry , how much will you sell the fuel tank.

Mike

Modellbau USA 11-06-2010 06:16 PM

sorry we do not sell just fuel tanks

Modellbau USA 11-06-2010 06:28 PM

You can purchase a fuel tank from Derreck martin at [email protected]

domf25 11-06-2010 08:23 PM

mdeseve

I have a brand new Falcon 120 fuel tank (never used) made by Derreck Martin which I am willing to sell for a reasonable price.

It is located in Melbourne Australia. PM or email me.

SOLD

john josey 11-06-2010 08:31 PM

This is probably not the right thread, but i`ll ask anyway.....You mentioned a sport airframe along the lines of the scorpion and flash. Can we expect this to be available at some point in 2011 ?

Thanks
                             john

P.S. would it make sense to start another thread to do with general questions about any of your airframes/products ? (i do apologize if this exists already)

Modellbau USA 11-06-2010 08:34 PM

no thats fine you can ask. we will be releasing to new airframes in 2011, one is a sport jet and the other is a F86D, both for a 12-18 lb thrust turbine. When we have finished all testing we will announce and post pictures thank you for your interest.

john josey 11-06-2010 08:52 PM

no thats fine you can ask. we will be releasing to new airframes in 2011, one is a sport jet and the other is a F86D, both for a 12-18 lb thrust turbine. When we have finished all testing we will announce and post pictures thank you for your interest.
Fantastic ! I will have a p-70 looking for a new 'home' early next year, so thats really great news.

Modellbau USA 11-07-2010 01:29 PM

We have gotten several emails asking about shipping. We will ship world wide at buyers expense. Some countries are a lot cheaper than others so every country is a different price. Just to give you an example it cost close to $600 dollars to ship a TORNADO to Brazil from MIami, but Shipping the same box to Malta only cost $125 dollars. It does not make any sense but thats the prices.

Pepperpete 11-07-2010 06:22 PM

About the servo's you plan to offer with the plane, can you give a bit more detail? I realize your statement indicating if they can fly a 300k UAV, they will be fine for this does make sense.

But can you list specific stats about what will be included for the $250 price tag? Power? Digital? etc. A friend of mine had a good point about not jumping into anything blind which is what this would be. And a very good point that if I want to use the servo's possibly in another plane down the road, I need to know exactly what I am getting. The price is certainly right but it would be nice to know a bit more detail.

Modellbau USA 11-07-2010 07:04 PM

I am not asking anybody to jump into anything, I fully respect anybody's decision for use of servo's. I created this servo package to give the opportunity for people to save some money. This airplane uses a minimum of 10 servo's at a midpoint price of $50.00 each that add's up to a lot of money. We are selling our servo's at manufacturer cost just to help people get into jets or just keep cost down. We are even selling to our distributers at the same price. The package inlcudes

1) 4- MBA3500 which are a metal gear dual ball bearing mini servo that produces 72oz of torque ( these are used for rudder's and elevator )
2) 5- MBA5000 which are a metal gear duall ball bearing standard size servo producing 190oz of torque ( used for Ail,Flaps,Steering)
3) 1- MBA4000 which is a ballbearing standard servo producing 90oz torque for gear
4) All extenstions cut to length and Y harnesses required.
5) 1 MBA LiFe cell 6.6v 2,200mah

All servos are non digital, for several reasons if anybody would like to discuss why you can call or email me directly and I will be happy to share our findings.<br type="_moz" />

Pepperpete 11-07-2010 08:02 PM

Thanks for the information! That's answered everything I could think of. As I indicated in e-mail I will take one of the servo/battery packages as well. That price is impossible to beat and the specs look great. :) In fact I just finished adding up what it would cost to equip the plane with another brand and it blew my mind. People would have to be crazy not to take a deal like this.

HELLFIRE989 11-07-2010 08:27 PM

What type metal servo horns are compatible with your servos( JR/HItech)? Or will that be supplied with them as well?

Mike06659 11-07-2010 08:31 PM

FYI:

Troybuilt is taking pre-orders:

http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items/MBATORNADO.html

rorrock 11-07-2010 08:51 PM

We are also taking pre-orders for those in Australia who want one.

Modellbau USA 11-07-2010 08:53 PM

That is a very good question about the servo arms, I will find out tomorrow from my shop i am not sure exactly and I do not want to give you inaccurate information.

Yes Troy Built is taking pre-sales as we are but we will still be providing the kits since our dealers will not have stock until March or April. We are working very close with TBM and they are stocking all of our kits.

HELLFIRE989 11-07-2010 08:59 PM

Thanks Henry!! Also if you could include the recommended servo arm lengths needed that would be nice to for people wanting to get stuff together before the jets arrive.

Modellbau USA 11-07-2010 09:03 PM

The servo's will come with heavy duty servo arms ( Plastic ). To be honest you do not need to use metal it is not necessary. No need to spend extra money keep it simple.

Woketman 11-07-2010 09:22 PM

Who actually makes these servos for you guys? Are there any other servos that are the same? In other words, are they re-badged as another brand? Or re-badged as Modellbau from some other brand? Thanks.

Modellbau USA 11-07-2010 09:37 PM

They are actually made by us. We make the motors and circuit boards, the gears and bearings are German made and the servo cases for the RC stuff are from the same factory Hitec uses. The larger servo's and our UAV line of servo's are machined aluminum cases made by us.

Modellbau USA 11-07-2010 09:44 PM

I just want to clarify something since I just received about 15 emails in about 10 minutes, our dealers do not have stock at this time they will be receiving stock March or Aprildepending on when they finalize there orders. TBM is partnered up with us so we will be drop shipping any orders that are placed through them until they receive stock. So the TORNADO can be purchased from both of us. Anybody that has been added to our list will be contacted by us in one week for payment.

Pepperpete 11-07-2010 10:03 PM

I just want to clarify something since I just received about 15 emails in about 10 minutes, our dealers do not have stock at this time they will be receiving stock March or April depending on when they finalize there orders. TBM is partnered up with us so we will be drop shipping any orders that are placed through them until they receive stock. So the TORNADO can be purchased from both of us. Anybody that has been added to our list will be contacted by us in one week for payment.

Looking forward to it! Mastercard is prepared. :)