RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   The new Tornado sport jet (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10095724-new-tornado-sport-jet.html)

Modellbau USA 11-08-2010 06:29 AM

RE: The new Tornado sport jet

I would like to say thank you to everybody for all the interest in our new products, This is exactly what I wanted Modellbau to do with this new jet and accessories, get new people and experienced ones burning Kerosine and having fun at a price that even your significant other would say yes too.
I will have some pictures of our new trailing link package sometime this week. I look forward to your feed back

john josey 11-08-2010 07:09 AM

I think it should be a very big thank you to YOU henry, because of this, i think it will allow a great deal of people into jet flying that otherwise just simply could not have afforded it.

BaldEagel 11-08-2010 07:24 AM

For you guys in the UK the BMFA Classifieds have a few second hand JetCat P70's for sale.

Mike

Mike06659 11-08-2010 07:43 AM

Does anyone know how the canopy attaches to the fuse or if Henry can chime in that would be great.

Thanks

Modellbau USA 11-08-2010 07:53 AM

We are including an ABS molded cockpit tub for the canopy, we have an easy way of attaching it that is explained in the instructions or you can use a standard hacthlatch and dowel your choice. We are leaving that up to the builder since everybody likes to do it differently

Mike06659 11-08-2010 09:46 AM

Sounds good Henry thanks again

Modellbau USA 11-08-2010 09:49 AM

<span style="font-size: large">Our Servo's use Futaba Servo arms.

***Iwould also likeknow how many people actually would like to have the full servo package we are only making 50 sets and so far they are almost sold out, just wondering if I need to make more. If you would like a full set please email me and let me know as soon as possible***</span>

747junky 11-08-2010 09:55 AM

Put me down for one of those packages to I will email my info great job guys thank you.

One another note I just wanted to let everybody know that Itried purchasing a P60SE this morning from Dreamworks for $2099 as advertised and the sale ended this morning not sure if that was just my luck or they never had them, but never the less it over so I guess lets see what these guys come up with hopfully its better. If not I spoke to somebody at TBM and they will be doing a special package price with the King Tech K80 as well either way its still an awesome deal

MITFREAK 11-08-2010 01:53 PM

Yea I saw that the price of the P60SE was $2099 as well I actually checked yesterday nightand today its up to $2327.50. With this Jet coming out i bet lots of people are interested in that engine. Not cool if the price was advertised at $2099 then sell it at that.

Henry thanks for all the good work on the new products the servo package is awesome. I kinda jumped the gun and bought servo's, extentions and battery a few days ago. I spent $650 dollars on 10 servos, 19 extentions and new A123. So let me be the first to say $250 is a kick a@$ price.

747junky 11-08-2010 03:30 PM

I just bought a P60SE from Henry at Modellbau, and boy didhe give me an amazing deal. He was kind enough to extend me the P60 package they are going to offer next week since I had some issues this morning with Dreamworks. Thanks Henry A+++ for Modellbau

Modellbau USA 11-08-2010 03:37 PM

Thanks Roger it was a pleasure to help Im glad everything worked out for you. As for the issue this morning with Dreamworks and the P60 pricing im sure there is a reasonable explanation for the price change. I have done buisness with Dream Works and never had a problem.

aquaskiman 11-08-2010 04:43 PM

Todd and Linda at DreamWorks are stand up people, so if they say the sale just ended that is what it is. They are one of the top jet products store’s around. George

bigplumbs 11-08-2010 05:41 PM

ORIGINAL: RCISFUN

ORIGINAL: Modellbau USA

The servos used are HS225 size for the elevator and rudder, ailerons,flaps steering are standard size. As for the airplane being pre-hinged, the answer is no. The slots are cut for the hinges but not glued. Remember the wings and elevator are built up not composite.

I don't want to start a controversy however a 225 servo on the elivator on a Turbine Jet model....really???[X(]

HS-225 Specs
Operating Speed (4.8V): 0.14sec/60° at no load
Operating Speed (6.0V): 0.11sec/60° at no load
Stall Torque (4.8V): 54.15 oz/in. (3.9kg.cm)
Stall Torque (6.0V): 66.65 oz/in. (4.8kg.cm)
That is plenty of servo power. There are many many Falcon 120'S in the UK flying with just that servo set up. People over servo Jets all the time

bigplumbs 11-08-2010 05:46 PM

ORIGINAL: ledd4u

Hit on the nail with the expert comment. Do this do that glue it here don't use that try this my way it's better this way drill here no drill no. Use this servo no try this engine what if page 4 said that why page 4 don't say this. You get it
Oh so true. Just buy this excellent priced plane and build it as the instructions................... Mind you I have a Falcon 120 and I cant see the difference ................ Yet:D

VF84sluggo 11-08-2010 10:03 PM

ORIGINAL: domf25
Whilst I have built many kits with success I would have to say that hinging is my least favourite job during the build.
Amen here...hate hinging!

Modellbau USA 11-08-2010 10:18 PM

That is not a problem since we have 4 pro-builders that will do that for you for a nominal fee.

VF84sluggo 11-08-2010 10:30 PM

I'm really interested in the factory-built 'RTF' option, glassed with custom paint (the VF-102 Diamondback or VF-84 Jolly Rogers would be nice). How much extra would this be? And for the receiver, would the customer provide one, or do you fly/test the jet with your own tx/rx system, then send receiver-ready to the buyer?

Thanks,
Randy

HELLFIRE989 11-08-2010 11:42 PM

Henry, When you were doing the testing on the Tornado what turbine were you testing it with? What was the approx top speed?

Pepperpete 11-08-2010 11:56 PM

ORIGINAL: VF84sluggo

I'm really interested in the factory-built 'RTF' option, glassed with custom paint (the VF-102 Diamondback or VF-84 Jolly Rogers would be nice). How much extra would this be? And for the receiver, would the customer provide one, or do you fly/test the jet with your own tx/rx system, then send receiver-ready to the buyer?

Thanks,
Randy
I've got a request in with Henry for a different covering scheme (booms/elevator red and wingtips turned red as well) that I will turn into the Diamondback with a little decal cutting (I also LOVE that amazing scheme). It goes to show yet again just how far these guys are willing to go to make a happy customer. The fee he is charging me for the work is absolutely reasonable in every respect. I am not getting the main fuse painted as I can do that myself but even just having the covering changed will save me a ton of work. :)

I would love if it was one of the offered choices right out of the box but for the price it's easy enough to do the rest myself. =)

MrPheer 11-09-2010 03:08 AM

I'm very interested in this but the price just sounds too good to be true. I'll be looking forward to see what others say after they receive their planes and get them going.

bigplumbs 11-09-2010 03:30 AM

It looks as though there is some sort of tie up with Nitro Model planes or the factory that mskes them as the F86 listed on the Modellbau USA website is the F86 they were selling some time ago for a prop engine in the nose. Looks like moddelbau seem to be doing a sort of global Jet Club thing but at the cheaper end of the market. This is all good as far as I am concerned.

The falcon 120 in the UK got down to about £170 for the kit without retracts or tank. I am wondering what price the Tornado will be in the UK. Dave at A1 models has not got them listed on his website yet.

Also I am wondering if the kit comes with wire legs or none at all as it is quite difficult to get the legs for Spring airs in the uk. There seem to be so many wire diameters

Dennis

Modellbau USA 11-09-2010 06:42 AM

<div>We have several request for pricing for building services for the TORNADO there are as follows.</div><div></div><div>A/C fully hinged: $50.00 plus prices of airplane</div><div></div><div>A/C fully assembled and flight tested: $500 plus cost of airplane and equipment, customer needs to send us there TX and RX so we can hand the A/C fully trimmed out</div><div></div><div>Customspaintscheme: $500 includes painted fuselage and monokote wings,booms and stabilizer plus price of airplane. Fully glassed and painted airplanes also available for $800 plus the coast of this aircraft

we will be providing a Trailing link strut,wheels and brakes package for our landing gear that is an extra charge.

</div>

Couch Potato 11-09-2010 06:52 AM

DENNIS !

:D [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

bigplumbs 11-09-2010 06:57 AM

ORIGINAL: Modellbau USA

<div>We have several request for pricing for building services for the TORNADO there are as follows. </div><div> </div><div>A/C fully hinged: $50.00 plus prices of airplane</div><div> </div><div>A/C fully assembled and flight tested: $500 plus cost of airplane and equipment, customer needs to send us there TX and RX so we can hand the A/C fully trimmed out</div><div> </div><div>Customs paint scheme: $500 includes painted fuselage and monokote wings,booms and stabilizer plus price of airplane. Fully glassed and painted airplanes also available for $800 plus the coast of this aircraft

we will be providing a Trailing link strut,wheels and brakes package for our landing gear that is an extra charge.

<span style=''font-size: large; ''>*****I would like to clarify something one more time, We are not associated with Nitro Planes in any way, I have no idea why they are not producing there airplanes or why they do business the way they do it is non of my concern and nor do I care I am not stocking parts or giving support for any of there products. Our F86D is currently being developed and is still not ready it has no relation to the PROP thing they call a F86D on nitro planes website. Our airplane actually is very much like the old BYRON F86D just ARF**** </span></div>

Also I suspect the cost in the UK will be around £400. we usually pay in pounds what the US does in Dollars.

Even with the spring airs and tank this will be more than the Falcon 120................ Which I have and have over 100 + flight on and a total of 500 flights at our club on the 3 that regularly fly there. They land very slow as designed and the construction of then is fine for turbine use provided you dont go higher than a 18lb turbine.

Regards

Dennis

bigplumbs 11-09-2010 07:02 AM

ORIGINAL: Couch Potato

DENNIS !

:D [sm=thumbs_up.gif]