RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Xicoy LGC 15 A (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11674465-xicoy-lgc-15-a.html)

pattratt 01-23-2020 05:43 PM

Xicoy LGC 15 A

Can any one explain to me how to set up or have a setup for an electric 3 gear and 3 door set up? I have burned up one door servo motor and stripped one servo gear set trying to get the following:
Note, I have the Xicoy manual and there is something I am missing?
here is what I am trying to acomplish:
All three doors open before retracts go up
All three doors shut after retracts up
All three doors open before retracts go down
All three doors close after retracts go down

Thanks for any help on this!
Dick Mundee
If anyone can help and preferr to text or call here is my Cell #
281 433 2555

bodywerks 01-24-2020 03:48 AM

Dick, did you see there thread dedicated to there lg15 that makes the included manual pretty much useless?
The included manual has a lot of holes in it.
I'll find the thread and post the link.

bodywerks 01-24-2020 03:50 AM

Lg15 discussion thread

Tip22v was the thread starter and had many helpful posts there, including setting up the sequencer.

rgburrill 01-24-2020 04:29 AM

One thing is don't have your doors attached when setting it up.

Dansy 01-24-2020 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by rgburrill (Post 12578553)
One thing is don't have your doors attached when setting it up.

I agree......first is to make sure the gear move or down with the proper switch and side......then the servos move the right way...for both up and down..once they are moving correctly...I lower all the end points....cycle the gear with the motor disconnect(additional battery disconnected with the gear up) and adjust each door one by one....once everything work fine connect the battery again...and it’s done, not a short process but I have played with a plane that had 8 doors....

the other thing to remember is that this controller...will go through all 8 step....

Len Todd 01-24-2020 07:37 AM

The manual worked for me just fine. When it comes to programing, I will admit that putting in an LGC 15 with non-electron gear is not a plug and play project. But remember, typically most of us are basically inserting a component from the Electron system into a non-electron system. Ultimately it is the best controller currently out there. It has many features, which makes it very complex the first time we get one in our hot little hands. For what we get though, a little tinkering time is well worth the effort.

For the first time, I just set the entire system up on the bench and worked thru the manual. One just has to take the time to set up, read and try various program settings on the bench to understand what Gaspar is telling us. Once you figure that out, the final adjustments are easy. The next install you can use the SD card to transfer its program and then make final adjustments or changes necessary to address different gear/door configurations. My first programming took almost a day to set up on the bench and try everything. The second LGC 15 took only a couple minutes. It really pays to take the time to figure the programming out versus having someone giving you their plane specific setups, which most-likely will need some fine tuning anyway.

Never hook up any linkage until the servo's travel direction is correct and the travel limits are close but still slightly on the conservative side. Then hook up the linkage and make final adjustments. If one is not willing to do that, one may need a couple spare servos and maybe even some door hinges and paint.

pattratt 01-24-2020 10:22 AM

Thanks to all that replied.
setting up the doors as far as limits was a no brainer and getting the gear to cycle was not an issue. The issue is getting the Sequence to work correctly with the doors at the proper time. Mostly because I want the doors to cycle up after the gear is down! I don't have any problem setting everything up if I leave the doors open with gear down. I found the Tip22v thread, thanks to bodywoorks, and will try and figure it out today.
Many thanks to all that responded!
Dick

pattratt 01-24-2020 04:17 PM

Ok, got everything to work correctly "EXCEPT" I cannot get the doors to closed with gear down!!! As soon as I try to add that sequence it messes everything up. So once you get the doors to open gear down. How do I then close them in gear down position????
This puts me exactly where I was when I made my original post to start this thread!
Dick

pattratt 01-25-2020 12:54 PM

Finally, got it all figured out! The whole problem was everything I thought I read said sequence #8 was the "last step" !!! In Tom's example which everyone, including me took as the gospel, it was for his and anyone else who could not close the gear down doors because of gear obstruction when it was down!! The actual last step if you hit the sequence step "+"after setting #8 is Gear down with the option to set the doors for that last step!!! Once done you will have to cycle the gear several times for everything to set and work correctly! Hope this helps someone else that, like me, didn't understand this! Tom's setup thread has become the real LG-15A Manual and the addition of this info if, he is still monitoring this thread, would be of great help when setting up the sequence for dummies like me!
Thanks again to everyone with all your info.
Regards
Dick

Dansy 01-25-2020 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by pattratt (Post 12578937)
Finally, got it all figured out! The whole problem was everything I thought I read said sequence #8 was the "last step" !!! In Tom's example which everyone, including me took as the gospel, it was for his and anyone else who could not close the gear down doors because of gear obstruction when it was down!! The actual last step if you hit the sequence step "+"after setting #8 is Gear down with the option to set the doors for that last step!!! Once done you will have to cycle the gear several times for everything to set and work correctly! Hope this helps someone else that, like me, didn't understand this! Tom's setup thread has become the real LG-15A Manual and the addition of this info if, he is still monitoring this thread, would be of great help when setting up the sequence for dummies like me!
Thanks again to everyone with all your info.
Regards
Dick

Humm...I always believed that + at after 8 is actually 8......thank’s

andrewjet 08-29-2021 01:56 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping to confirm that my new Xicoy LG-15 is possibly defective! Hello,

I have wired in the Xicoy controller to my new aircraft for testing prior to physically installing it however I have noticed that the unit only outputs 4.75 volts even though I have gone with both 6v to 7.4v. Take a look at the two images I took. I don't think the unit is working correctly. This is configured for "Standard - two-channel mode" under the radio. I was wondering why the gear never retracted after I added the power battery (2cell lipo7.4v). Any thoughts? I've gone through the manual as well as watch several videos however I also have the original controller plus JP controllers which I've tested the gear on to make sure that it retracted prior to setting up the new LG-15 unit. Also, I retested with several controllers after trying to get this working with the LG-15 unit and the gear does work right now with the other two controllers. Oh just to add, the other controllers put out the 7.4v on the retract end except for the LG-15 unit.

Any thoughts? Could this one be a malfunctioned unit?
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...9b0a86c2e7.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...21f0137fd0.jpg

Dansy 08-29-2021 02:02 PM

Yes it’s defective….talk to Gaspar or Keith in the USA

andrewjet 08-31-2021 02:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, I sent Gaspar an email and he told me that I had the wrong connector on the unit and it was wired wrong. It should have positive, negative with ground to support a battery connection??? I'm pretty sure the unit is defective and I've sent Ultimate jets three emails with a phone call and I have yet to hear from them. I also thought about it and watch this video which has the same connections that I have and I'm now wondering that possibly Gaspar may have confused this connection with his turbine to ECU connection. Never the less after watching this video along with several other videos on the same item that I'm pretty that this unit is defective.

Andrew
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...65dcdbd9a8.jpg

andrewjet 08-31-2021 11:56 PM

Ok, I finally was able to connect to Gaspar and basically, that unit is not set up for JP retracts systems so I had to modify the servo cable connections supporting the gear outputs from the LG-15 unit to the gear by reversing the red and white cable connections. Now the unit works flawlessly!

Andrew

Bob_B 09-01-2021 07:12 AM

Confused, It sounds like you were using std. servo ext. which would have the red wire in the incorrect position. The red and black wires should be on the outside two pins with the center position empty.