RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   -=josh heral f-16=- (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/36483-%3Djosh-heral-f-16%3D.html)

A10FLYR 01-19-2002 01:09 AM

Re: dean lassek?

1 Attachment(s)
He sayeth,

<i guess i would rather have a scale inlet and out line with gear <doors and desent proformance what will give me that?

<as you said it i want to have gear doors you need to have a lot <of space inside so i would need a 5 inch fan

<to have what i stated i understand i need:
<90 deg retract rotate mains 110 retract rotate nose gear(need <to find that yet) dynamax fan and flow through ducting( this <would need to be snaked over the l/g right?)

That is right. It would be the same ducting that I will be using for turbine installation.

<i guess i would have top fly at the airport(was going to any way)

Gives you a better chance at success....then try grass field ops.

<any ideas on how to make a canope and cockpit? im guessing <you just paint the fiberglass canope? whos nico?

See pic's posted below... I'm real sure Killer Cockpits has a nice cockpit for this size Falcon, and Nico is Nicholas Goderris of Spider Jets, a real gentelman.

<did you ever use the dave platt 110 deg compitition retract? i <emailed him and he say that the rotation was a aftermartket <mod by robinaire [/B][/QUOTE]

Nope, did use some Platt gear years ago.

A10FLYR 01-19-2002 01:11 AM

-=josh heral f-16=-

1 Attachment(s)
andanudderpic......the two place canopy

A10FLYR 01-19-2002 01:12 AM

-=josh heral f-16=-

1 Attachment(s)
andanudder...view of the main gear from the rear

A10FLYR 01-19-2002 01:14 AM

-=josh heral f-16=-

1 Attachment(s)
andanudder....the gear from the left side. Air Magic retract, Robart strut, and Glennis wheel and brake.

A10FLYR 01-19-2002 01:52 AM

-=josh heral f-16=-

1 Attachment(s)
andalastone.......

ifly-RCU 01-19-2002 02:45 AM

that nose gear is a rom?

ill call them up to see what the cost is

A10FLYR 01-19-2002 02:55 AM

Re: that nose gear is a rom?

Originally posted by ifly

is that nose gear a rom?
ill call them up to see what the cost is

I'm sorry, yes it is, 110° retraction and 90° rotating. If you call Rom-Air tell Robert I sent Ya!.

ifly-RCU 01-19-2002 03:05 AM

well you have help me well

thanks dean,
you have been a big help

how did you make the ducting? i was thinking to take the inlet shape and the fan shape and use foam between them to make a smooth transtion (this will only be a few inches long)
then i will cut this into sections and take the cross sections to plan out a actual ducting i will make changes to fit the gear in
make a plug and pull the ducting

ps. do you have any video of it flying????? i would love to see it fly

A10FLYR 01-19-2002 04:37 AM

Re: well you have help me well

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by ifly
thanks dean,
you have been a big help

how did you make the ducting? i was thinking to take the inlet shape and the fan shape and use foam between them to make a smooth transtion (this will only be a few inches long)
then i will cut this into sections and take the cross sections to plan out a actual ducting i will make changes to fit the gear in
make a plug and pull the ducting

ps. do you have any video of it flying????? i would love to see it fly

Well I cheated. I used a inlet duct that was made for the Byron conversion. It's a little to small tho. What you have in mind will work also.

Give me your snail mail addy privately and I'll send you what I have on the Falcon flights.

Byron's on the left, Mine on the right.

ifly-RCU 01-19-2002 10:32 PM

new agenda...

well i founf a few really good pages on fiberglass plug making and molding

since making this plane once is tough enough for most people, even though you did it i think i could make a fiber glass one with out to much more trouble

the only thing i a bit vague on is how to do the hatches and canope

i dont want to buy one, i guess im a sucker for hard work

A10FLYR 01-20-2002 02:08 AM

-=josh heral f-16=-

Hey go for it!!! it's always fun.......the first time!

JET FX 01-20-2002 02:19 AM

Where's the F4 Dean??????

G'day Dean,
Mate, that f16 looks cool, but what about the 1/5 scale F4
I know where you could get a couple of JG 100's at the right price...... : )
www.tjt.bz should be cooking by early in the week, the jet forums are ready
so I look forward to seeing you there.....

Cheers - Marty

jmodguy 01-20-2002 02:28 AM

Josh Harrel f-16

I have a set of plans for this plane and have started to do some of the internal engineering to get things working the way I want. I am using a RAMTEC fan/OS91 setup with a RAM tuned pipe and exhaust duct. The RAM components are first rate and the price can't be beat. Nose gear is better than the Violet unit as steering does not disconnect when up and the frame is cast aluminum. The exhaust duct is long enough and is a 2 piece unit. Also comes with an engine cap.
My intent is to make the plane from wood with a glass inlet which I have on hand. Currently I have the RAM nosegear mounted in the inlet and plan to start the inlet liner soon. I am also working on drawings to get the main gear to function correctly to keep the wheels out of the airstream. Projected weight is ~17 lbs. RAM assures me the nosegear will handle this.
I am using a 1/32 Hasegawa plastic model to get the dimensiond correct as well. Came in handy for the nose gear door!

Reason I chose RAM over Dynamax was a friend in WA state had a Ziroli Panther that he said was marginal. He switched to a RAMTEC and he said it was much better.

If you have any questions about what I'm doing feel free to contact me at [email protected]. Would have replied sooner but I was on travel for a couple weeks.:cool:

A10FLYR 01-20-2002 02:55 AM

Re: Where's the F4 Dean??????

<Originally posted by ozcan
<G'day Dean,
Mate, that f16 looks cool, but what about the 1/5 <scale F4
<I know where you could get a couple of JG 100's at the right <price...... : )
<www.tjt.bzshould be cooking by early in the week, the jet <forums are ready
<so I look forward to seeing you there.....

Cheers - Marty

Aye, G'day Mate. How Ya been doin? I visited the site already, made a few posts. Looks good, can't do a few things yet but I'm sure you will get it up and running tiptop soon. Will you have Avitars or will we have to link to another site?

That BIG Phantom sure looks good but Ken wants an S3B first!! Two JG's fer that also!! And the B-200 for "turbo-props"? We can make those TJT and JMP Eagle flagships!!!;) I believe Chris and Ken are planning for a showing next year at Superdude again. How about you?

Take care Bud,

raptor30_2003 03-01-2003 08:06 PM

A-10's

Been looking for some more plans for the a-10,found the plans for $35,78" span really want to go a little bigger,any help much appreceated,thanks

SpiderJets 03-04-2003 08:05 PM

-=josh heral f-16=-

Dean,

Superb job.
Congratulations !

Nicolas.

A10FLYR 03-05-2003 12:37 AM

-=josh heral f-16=-

Originally posted by SpiderJets
Dean,

Superb job.
Congratulations !

Nicolas.

Why thank you Sir!
By the way, I do remember someone looking at my F-16 when it was sitting out in front of my trailer at Florida Jets a few years ago ;)
I'm just slower ;)