RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   A few pics from Wroughton (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/5943833-few-pics-wroughton.html)

Andrew Bird 03-14-2011 01:19 PM

RE: A few pics from Wroughton

In the 5th pic has Steve released some sort of horrible airborne toxic event, so Geoff is turning away trying to stop it burning his eyes?

Nice pictures - good to see someone getting out to play. WX not quite cooperating where I am[:@]

CJ2002 03-14-2011 01:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Ali

Nice photos..... I cant belive I am using the word nice in the same post as a Fox jet. But I have to hand it to DS.... He really has made a silk purse! ;)
It looks like the Wroughton Eco system got the weather that us at W Raynham could only wish for :( Good to see you guys enjoyed it.
Regards Al
Or as Geoff so kindly put it Al, "lipstick on a pig"!

No doubt, it's as fugly as fugly comes, but it does fly well!

Dick

Ali 03-14-2011 01:40 PM

Thats harsh... but fair. :D
Aint nowt wrong with Fugly sport jets ;) Seems like they are all the rage at the moment.
I do remember having quite a few flights on Mark Hinton's Old G Booster powered Fox jet. Indeed, a good flying model.. Why is it that the ugly ones tend to fly so well?? :eek:
Regards AL

Selleri 03-14-2011 02:11 PM

Why is it that the ugly ones tend to fly so well?? :eek:
They have to else people wouldn't touch 'em... :D

lozza1965 03-14-2011 02:49 PM

Thats harsh... but fair. :D

Why is it that the ugly ones tend to fly so well?? :eek:

Regards AL

I have from a good source that women are like that, the ugly ones give the best ride, personally I give the better ride a miss though [X(]

Dick forecast this weekend looking good so far and im not working, Loz calling Geoff Yeager lol

lozza

johnls 03-14-2011 10:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Loz,
Myself, Andy Bascombe, Phil mackie and Frank Dicarlo are going to Wroughton on Wednesday. Come and join us.

John

lozza1965 03-14-2011 11:48 PM

John

Im due to be going to Wales to do some low level fighter jet photography but if i don't go i'll come on over cheers

lozza

Geoff White 03-15-2011 01:17 AM

Laurie,

Will be able to fly on either or both days at the weekend so if the weather behaves, lets get that F16 flown.

John - Have a good day tomorrow. I will be thinking of you as I am stuck at my desk, tapping away at the keyboard:(

Geoff.

Jamie C 03-15-2011 03:50 AM

I plan on heading up to Wroughton on Sunday, hope the weather is nice to us this weekend.

CJ2002 03-15-2011 04:19 AM

Be good to see you Jamie...will you have room for the 510 and Lightning if I bring them along?

Cheers,

Dick

bidrseed2 03-15-2011 08:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Trial of uploading first pic- JS T33

Edited to add- anyone know if RCU reduces the resolution or changes the colour of the pics when it uploads?

drdoom 03-15-2011 09:12 AM

Love that F-104. Very nice Gotta love those Century Fighers.

Jamie C 03-15-2011 10:25 AM

Dick,

Yes i should be able to squeeze them in. Have not been up to Wtn for a while, looking forward to it.

I might bring some prop stuff aswell.

CJ2002 03-15-2011 11:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A few I took of John Sanders' Mig 29 and Andy Bascombe's Hawk and Skyray back in Jan...

johnls 03-16-2011 07:32 AM

Thanks for the Pic's Dick. We went to Wroughton today, but there was no flying due to low cloud/fog. The weather forecast was totally wrong.

John

johnls 03-16-2011 07:33 AM

Duplicated post

Geoff White 03-16-2011 08:14 AM

Thats a bummer John[:o]
Not to rub it in as I know you are working but the forecast is good for sat/sun so if Andy, Frank and Phil fancy flying I will be there.

Geoff.

IB 03-16-2011 08:21 AM

We did fly today...................however, it was the latest member at Wroughton, my son Chris and his revamped 20 year old model..............a paint stirrer no less, at least I had a paper bag over my head so as not to be recognised !

Ian B

johnls 03-16-2011 08:38 AM

Hi Geoff,
The forecast was good for today, it's hard to believe they actually pay forecasters for their predictions!!! I may be able to do something about Saturday availability, I'll be in touch.

John

CJ2002 03-16-2011 11:44 AM

ORIGINAL: johnls

Thanks for the Pic's Dick. We went to Wroughton today, but there was no flying due to low cloud/fog. The weather forecast was totally wrong.

John
That's a bummer John. I was working in Swindon this afternoon and the weather was OK...but Wroughton does have its own (cold) climate! Maybe it's worth making an arrangement to call Eddie for weather info before you set out?

Ian...I am getting a tad concerned abt the mention of paint stirrers (yours and Jamie's posts)...this isn't a covert attempt at infiltrating our jet club, is it?!!!

Cheers,

Dick

Jamie C 03-16-2011 03:41 PM

They are classic paint stirrers Dick! Crescent Bullet and Dirty Birdy 60 need the dust blown off! maybe the Tornado as well if the silencer turns up.

CJ2002 03-19-2011 12:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another cloud free and warm day saw lots of jet action at Wtn today...

John Sanders...T-33 and Mig 29
Phil Mackie...Bobcat
Frank DiCarlo...BVM Electra and Bandit
Loz Hughes...FlyEagleJet F-16
John Paisley...FalconSteve Elias...BVM Ultra Bandit
Big Geoff...Hunter
Me...Foxjet

Loz had his camera and light eating lens there, so quality pics should arrive soon...in the meantime, here are some I took... (BTW, the chap reclining in the chair is Big G and the other one is Loz)...

Cheers,

Dick

Geoff White 03-19-2011 01:08 PM

U know what Dick, as I was sat in the chair relaxing I was thinking 'if Dick saw me now he would take a picture...its the sort of thing he would do' :)

Jamie C 03-19-2011 01:17 PM

Same again tomorrow?

CJ2002 03-19-2011 01:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Geoff White

U know what Dick, as I was sat in the chair relaxing I was thinking 'if Dick saw me now he would take a picture...its the sort of thing he would do' :)
Couldn't pass it up Geoff, U looked so chilled mate!

Jamie...just abt to start charging everything for tomorrow!

Cheers,

Dick