RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Boomerang Sprint Build Thread! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/7704490-boomerang-sprint-build-thread.html)

raptor16 07-13-2011 08:22 PM

RE: Boomerang Sprint Build Thread!

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: raptor16

Thanks , BaldEagel and mjunior

I found this , where to buy

BaldEagel 07-14-2011 01:57 AM

If I remember correctly the carrier was made by the poster not a retail item, Luckily with the rear seats of my car dropped down I can get the Sprint in with the booms and tail on so I only have to put the wing tips on to fly it, very convenient. :D

Mike

Aviator-No 07-14-2011 03:11 AM

Thanks , BaldEagel and mjunior

I found this , where to buy
This reminds me of som kind of swimming boards.... they have that size and is in that materials...

Svein-Roe

skaap2k 07-14-2011 07:21 AM

Hi all,

My latest video taken from my Sprint using a FlyCam3 :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uJsx9lxfPk

Cheers,
Rob

kimhey 07-14-2011 02:00 PM

My headcam and Sprint today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z__J1qxAQZM

raptor16 07-15-2011 06:29 PM

After reading this Thread ...... have decided to get the Boomerang Sprint as my first
Turbine Jet plane .... contacted Patricia , but seem she is always busy ..... no response so far ...

Charlie H. 07-16-2011 06:36 AM

Very nice ! I really enjoy flying my Sprint .

Thanks for sharing
Charlie

chris1971 07-16-2011 08:15 PM

raptor16,

You can't go wrong with a Sprint. I flew mine 3 times today and now it has over 100 flights. I have a Kingtech K-80 on mine and it is a great combination. Give Patricia some time to return your call, she may be at a fly-in somewhere and she will get back to you if you leave her a message, though you may have somewhere closer to buy one. Al's hobbies in England have them also and that may be your best bet.

Chris

Turbinac 07-17-2011 08:35 AM

Hi Guys,
Unfortunately, Patricia Cardash is in hospital for a few days with a bad attack of pneumonia. She was taken into intensive care on Thursday and is awaiting further tests to clarify the problem.
The USA office of Boomerang Jets is therefore closed, hopefully just for a few days. As you probably know, she runs Boomerang USA virtually single handed, but has many friends who will help to deal with shipping current orders.
There are a few kits awaiting shipment to customers and those will be sent within a couple of days.

Thanks for all your good wishes.

Alan Cardash

mjunior 07-17-2011 05:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Guys,

Just to share with you what happened few days ago. After 20 flights and more than 30 starts something unexpected happened. Some fuel went into the combustion chamber during refueling and when I started the turbine it did cough a huge flame and some drops of liquid fuel that hit the tail taking fire on it. Immediately I shut it down but i had to use the fire extinguisher. Some external damage only and after two days it is ready to fly again.
Lesson learned. Take care during refueling mainly if you have a high flow pump and don't have a manual shutoff valve (I have only the solenoid that is leaking under high pressure).

Regards,

Mjunior

raptor16 07-17-2011 07:56 PM

Oh ..... Hope she recover soon ....

flyingflyer 07-19-2011 09:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Alan, Im sorry to hear about Patricia and hope she recovers soon.
The maiden flight has happened and I can say she came back in one piece!<div>It took off in 50 meters and she climbed away nicely. I decided not to use the retracts simply because I just wanted to focus of flying.</div><div>Needed 2 clicks of trim and it was a dream to fly.</div><div>Relaxed for a few minutes and then decided to slow her down.</div><div>I added in first stage of flap ( with down elevator mix ) and noticed the nose pitched up but when I slowed down it was all fine.</div><div>Then just got use to it by doing a few circuits and finally added second stage. The nose again pitched up but it wasnt too bad so decided to leave it down.</div><div>The first approach was too fast for my liking so I went around ( Was very impressed by throttle response of the P-80SE ).</div><div>Second time round it came in slower and she touched down nicely without bouncing.</div><div>Then about 20 meters down the runway the left main gear collapsed! luckily it skidded to a stop and I shut down the turbine.</div><div>No damage done and fixed problem with the gear.</div><div>All in all it went very well and it flies like a dream!</div><div>Regards</div>FlyingFlyer

skaap2k 07-19-2011 10:55 PM

Congrats! Glad everything went well!

Jetfun1 07-23-2011 07:43 AM

Hi Flyinglyer,

what kind of Gear is it ?
Where did you buy it?

Thanks for your Post.

Greets Robert

Jetfun1 07-23-2011 07:56 AM

OK, i´ve already found it :-)
I think its the Pro Lynx (Digi Tech) from Al´s Hobbies from UK.

Is it possible to order it via Internet Shop?

Greets Robert

BaldEagel 07-23-2011 08:10 AM

Just go to "Als Hobbies" "Jet Centre" and order on line.

Mike

Jetfun1 07-23-2011 09:09 AM

Thanks Mike

flyingflyer 07-23-2011 02:48 PM

Thanks Mike
Yes they are the Pro-Lynx gear by digitech and I got them from Als Hobbies.
They work great and Ive now had 3 flights with the sprint and im very impressed.
Regards
FlyingFlyer

crashgoodly 07-23-2011 09:06 PM

i've been reading through the thread as i'm assembling a sprint and was wondering has anyone put a wren 70n in one of these? i'm installing my wren 70 for flying off of tarmac but i don't think she'll lift off of grass without a very long runway.  please and thanks.

Turbinac 07-24-2011 01:12 PM

If your grass is mowed reasonably and the surface is not too bumpy you'll have no problems with the 70. Just don't add any more weight than you have to during the build. I have flown mine from grass with a P60 during testing!

Alan

crashgoodly 07-24-2011 06:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Turbinac

If your grass is mowed reasonably and the surface is not too bumpy you'll have no problems with the 70. Just don't add any more weight than you have to during the build. I have flown mine from grass with a P60 during testing!

Alan
thank you alan. i'm keeping it as light as i can, no bells and whistles. my best wishesfor patricia.

flyingflyer 07-25-2011 03:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; ">Well guys...<div>5th flight and I buggered her up.</div><div>Was landing and just after touch down and she drifted off the side of runway. I realized that the fire extinguisher was gonna be hit and didnt disappoint... There was a massive crack and I shut down the turbine...</div><div>Damage report: Right wing, Right boom, slight damage to center piece, left pro-lynx oleo, and the fire extinguisher..</div><div>Any suggestions on what to do?</div><div>Maybe replace the wing, boom and oleo?</div></div>Flyingflyer

Woketman 07-25-2011 04:00 PM

Looks quite easily fixable. I'd do that rather than purchase new parts. You will need some matching iron-on covering.

flyingflyer 07-25-2011 04:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are some photos of the oleo..
Any idea how much a new wing and boom costs just incase it would be worth buying new parts?

Woketman 07-25-2011 04:10 PM

All you need for the gear appears to be a new upper strut piece from Dreamworks or Digitech, whatever gear that is. And perhaps a new pivot pin, just in case.