Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

what to do with my new Terra Crusher...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

what to do with my new Terra Crusher...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 01:09 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what to do with my new Terra Crusher...

what should i do with my new tera crusher, ive been gone for a while as most of you regulars know... should i make a big block TC, show TC (aluminum stuff), racing TC becuase they have been known to be able to hold there own, thinking about even a dual engine if i can find or figure out plans to do it.
Old 08-04-2003, 01:13 AM
packerfan3001
My Feedback: (1)

racing tc
Old 08-04-2003, 01:39 AM
remten2001

I would take the big block idea out cause anything over 2hp you'll be asking for trouble....

I would get an OS .15 CVRX engine with HPI savage tires on RPM titan offset tmaxx wheels and proline ultra firm impact foam tire inserts....

with that set up you would be ready to take any mt's one on one on a tight track....

I wouldn't waist money on aluminum hop ups they only add more weight to your truck and IMO are useless for the terra crusher cause it is built super tuff out of the box....maybe some aluminum diff cases but thats all.....
Old 08-04-2003, 03:30 AM
Kuma

Do away with the radio box and buy a New Era radio plate, get a better .15-.18 motor such as Fantom 18 or OS CV 15 or XTM 18 and as little alum as possible (except maybe chassis braces). I was going to go with the .21 conv myself but I don't want to be breaking things, just broke/twisted 3 U-cups recently with the wimpy FS18 motor. The Crusher in stock form is already super sturdy so don't worry much about it.
Old 08-04-2003, 03:31 AM
caseyddr

im ignoring most of what you said cuz u actually told me to put those tiny savage tires on the terra crusher, and think the OSCVR will have more power than the tamiya engine.... comment neglected. You also act as if the terra crusher cant handle the .21 engine, even though its bigger than every MT out except the Titan. do more research if ur going to suggest something :-/
Old 08-04-2003, 05:36 AM
caseyddr

Originally posted by Kuma
Do away with the radio box and buy a New Era radio plate, get a better .15-.18 motor such as Fantom 18 or OS CV 15 or XTM 18 and as little alum as possible (except maybe chassis braces). I was going to go with the .21 conv myself but I don't want to be breaking things, just broke/twisted 3 U-cups recently with the wimpy FS18 motor. The Crusher in stock form is already super sturdy so don't worry much about it.
i would get the fantom, but its a direct drop in for the tmaxx, which means id need about another 100$ almost in parts just to get it to fit, if i was going to do that id buy the Sirio. Also, im waiting on the orion wasp .18 for it, if that isnt a direct drop in for the tmaxx, it will probably fit alot better. I already ordered some Maxx bowties for the wheels, now i jus need some good white nylon dish rims to take away from the weight of the stock boys.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:08 AM
remten2001

im ignoring most of what you said cuz u actually told me to put those tiny savage tires on the terra crusher, and think the OSCVR will have more power than the tamiya engine
The OS CVRX engine is rated at 1.2 HP vs stock engine wich is .8 hP and those are the facts....YOu can act like a idiot if you want too but i have add big block terra crushers and the diffs and the FRAT gears can't take the added power....Poeple are srtiping spur gears left and right and they don't know how to cure the problem at this point.....

ASs far as tires goes the terra crushers tires are too heavy and take alot of power out of an engine.....When i had mine i ran it with HPI savage tires cause they were lighter aand gave more room for my engine to breath.....

If you don't know what you are talking about don't bother saying nothing at all!!!!!!!!!!!

and here is a picture of mine with the savage tires on it and RPM offset wheels on a high speed pass....
Old 08-04-2003, 02:29 PM
Kuma

Alright, you DID ask us for suggestions and now you say you're going to ignore them. Whatever then. :P

Them Big Joe's tires would do perfectly on the TC or T-Maxx tires. As for fitting other 18's in, the XTM .18 conversion kit (for T-Maxx) has a 90-deg manifold that should work to clear the shock towers although the header might sit a little high, I haven't bothered trying the XTM .18 in the TC yet since it's bolted in the T-Maxx. I might have to do a little investigation at www.terra-crusher.com or someplace to find out. That forum also has a "fitting a TRX 2.5" article under tech tips which you might want to look at.
Old 08-04-2003, 04:43 PM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
im ignoring most of what you said cuz u actually told me to put those tiny savage tires on the terra crusher, and think the OSCVR will have more power than the tamiya engine
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmmm, how is that for a helpful hint :stupid:
And I believe the post right below that one said you are going to put bowties on it, hmmm well FYI those bowtie tires are smaller then the savage tires, and in the engine department, maybe you should do some more research before gracing us with your most excelent yet ignorant reasponce's. I see nothing has changed since the first time we met!! But its good to see theres some one new to argue with now LOL.