Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

what should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 04:33 AM
BENZOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what should i get?

Uhh... i was thinking about getting an electric monster truck and i was wondering what brand would be the most fun. Thanx who ever is reading my thread!
Old 08-08-2003, 12:52 PM
njmaxxin

DO A SEARCH!!!
DO A SEARCH!!!
DO A SEARCH!!!
DO A SEARCH!!!
DO A SEARCH!!!
DO A SEARCH!!!
DO A SEARCH!!!
DO A SEARCH!!!
Old 08-08-2003, 05:05 PM
rccarman

i have a e-maxx rtr for sale 300
Old 08-09-2003, 01:39 AM
njmaxxin

no what u should get?? a clue. thanx for narrowing it down. what is fun to you??? some people find throwing peanuts at fat women blinfolded in the dark fun. is that fun to u? my fun is skying my maxx as high as i can until something snaps and then spending 5 hours worth of money buying a beefier, metal part for it. is that fun for u? before u buy a car, u should figure out what u want in a car and do a freakin' search!!!
Old 08-09-2003, 02:41 AM
tjmaxx

Dude cool down. I suggest the E-maxx, It is a sweet truck.
Old 08-09-2003, 04:00 AM
bubbafien
My Feedback: (1)

why waste your time even posting if all you ever say is look for yourself! do you understand the purpose for a forum?

bubbafien
Old 08-09-2003, 04:54 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

txt for electric and savage for nitro
Old 08-09-2003, 05:56 AM
POJack

Get a Nitro, you'll have sooooo much more fun. (HPI SAVAGE)
Old 08-09-2003, 06:20 AM
caseyddr

Originally posted by POJack
Get a Nitro, you'll have sooooo much more fun. (HPI SAVAGE)
why a savage, its so small compared to my terra crusher, and goes the same speed :O i decided to go the big block route for mine, size + power = poor savage tear!
Old 08-09-2003, 06:23 AM
badboy2

this the one we are talkin about ..the savage like a rock..
Old 08-09-2003, 06:27 AM
badboy2

i have a terra crusher b4 but i traded it for another savage cuz i just liked the savage,,the tc is good too but too many mods to make it faster ...while on the savage if u want to make it faster just get an engine 21 and up and ur set..while the terra crusher u need the conversion if ur a newbie or if ur good in mods u can use stock chassis..but i will pick either savage or a terra crusher ..terra crusher for size and looks and savage for looks also and maybe more speed than the tc..and also listen to casey cuz he is a converted electric trucker..from emaxx to terracrusher..
Old 08-09-2003, 06:32 AM
caseyddr

Originally posted by badboy2
i have a terra crusher b4 but i traded it for another savage cuz i just liked the savage,,the tc is good too but too many mods to make it faster ...while on the savage if u want to make it faster just get an engine 21 and up and ur set..while the terra crusher u need the conversion if ur a newbie or if ur good in mods u can use stock chassis..but i will pick either savage or a terra crusher ..terra crusher for size and looks and savage for looks also and maybe more speed than the tc..and also listen to casey cuz he is a converted electric trucker..from emaxx to terracrusher..
yepyep I'm to lazy to do the original chassis mod... well it snot that im lazy, but i want to drop the stupid containment box in the front of the TC. the Kippster conversion reduces chassis flex by a significant amount, gets rid of the radio/servo box, and allows both .12 or .21+ size engines. its only 65$ also, so its not to much more to convert. The only problem I'm having at the moment is what tires i can get to fit the TC properly to reduce weight....
Old 08-09-2003, 06:43 AM
badboy2

for the wheel/tire get the one from www.meganitro.com they some for 50bux for 4 preglued ..on my tc i bought a picco 15 and the new owner said it runs great and added more speed
Old 08-10-2003, 03:25 AM
njmaxxin

bubba, all i ever say is "do a search"??? OK. all i am getting at is he comes on and is like "what should i get that is fun?" what kind of a question is that?? maybe if he narrowed it down a little, we could better answer his question (which after all, since u wisely pointed out, IS the point of a forum). so, Benzo, what do u wanna do with this new truck???? u wanna race it, jump it, climb it, bash it, or all of above?? this thread will probably get a million different answers and turn into an argument, so what i suggest is to simply look up a couple of trucks that you have an interest in, and see what people have to say about them, or what aftermarket support there is for them. if you choose a popular MT, u will not be disappointed because they are popular for a reason. good luck.
Old 08-10-2003, 04:11 AM
bubbafien
My Feedback: (1)

njmaxxin i was not meaning to be hateful i was just simply trying to get a point across so if you would have just said that second part of your reply in the beginning their would be no problem just trying to help...

bubbafien
Old 08-10-2003, 03:35 PM
remten2001

caseyddr

kippster is oing to stop making the chassis for the terra crusher....Not enough sales fot it apparently....I wouldn't waist any money on converting the terra crusher to a big block.....

Try the EPIC .18 engine its rated at 1.8 HP as a side muffler like the original motor and is only 129.99 and is a direc drop in.....YOu can get them at stormer hobbies.com.....
Old 08-10-2003, 05:00 PM
caseyddr

Originally posted by wizen2002
caseyddr

kippster is oing to stop making the chassis for the terra crusher....Not enough sales fot it apparently....I wouldn't waist any money on converting the terra crusher to a big block.....

Try the EPIC .18 engine its rated at 1.8 HP as a side muffler like the original motor and is only 129.99 and is a direc drop in.....YOu can get them at stormer hobbies.com.....
but from what i hear it only goes 35 or so mph... i want this thing to go 40 mph at least. if i cant get the kipster i can always get a different conversion kit no big deal
Old 08-11-2003, 12:38 AM
POJack

Originally posted by caseyddr
why a savage, its so small compared to my terra crusher, and goes the same speed :O i decided to go the big block route for mine, size + power = poor savage tear!
I don't know about you, but I have 4 LHS's within a 20 mile radius of me. And I can tell you that NONE of the shops stock any substantial ammount of TC parts. T-Maxx definately wins the prize as far as LHS's carrying replacement parts and the Savage is quickly catching up. I think eventually the Savage will supercede the t-maxx in all classes. As far as the savage being small compared to the TC, I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. My whole point is that if you break something (and you will) it's a pain in the butt to have to wait to order the parts off the internet.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:49 AM
BENZOS

What are the minimum prices on the tc and the savage? oh and bubba i would love to launch the trucks off homemade jumps so what has the sturdiest chassis?
Old 08-11-2003, 03:54 AM
POJack

Terra Crusher is $389 and Savage is $399 at www.towerhobbies.com
Old 08-11-2003, 03:56 AM
BENZOS

thanx pojak! now ill start savin'
Old 08-11-2003, 04:06 AM
POJack

A few specs for you also. When I said I disagreed with Casey, this is why.

Terra Crusher: Width-17", Length-22", Height-11"
Savage: Width-16", Length-21", Height-16.8"

The TC is a "little" wider and longer, but only by an inch. I don't think you would be able to tell that much of a difference in size if they were next to each other. Plus, as I stated earlier, most LHS's don't carry a substantial ammount of TC parts for when you break something. Most of the LHS's are starting to carry a lot more savage stuff. And the most frustrating thing is to break something on your truck and know that you won't be running it for a couple of days (if not longer) when on the other hand, if the LHS has the part in stock, you can repair and run the same day.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:10 AM
BENZOS

umm... are they both nitro?
Old 08-11-2003, 04:14 AM
POJack

Yes they are: here they are

Terra Crusher: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBNB9&P=7

Savage: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCZW1&P=7
Old 08-11-2003, 04:21 AM
BENZOS

Originally posted by POJack
Terra Crusher is $389 and Savage is $399 at www.towerhobbies.com
then how come at tower it says $458.97 for savage?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.