Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

EMAXX Manual confusing?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 01:22 AM
sprtman400

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EMAXX Manual confusing?????

Just got my new Emaxx. I see alot of guys runnin 7-cell packs on here., but in the manual it says not to run over or under 2 6-cell packs or damage to ESC could result. What's up with this?
Old 08-18-2003, 08:03 AM
it_thing_stuff

the stock EVX ESC can actually handle fourteen (i gotta type out the numbers my keyboard is busted) cells so dont worry about it
Old 08-18-2003, 09:41 AM
Foffen

"i gotta type out the numbers my keyboard is busted"

try the num lock button
Old 08-19-2003, 01:05 AM
sprtman400

Ok, now I feel comfortable with 7-cell packs....Whats a good motor combo? Something which won't drain batteries quick. Anyone tried the SpeedGems Saphire 17T single?
Old 08-19-2003, 11:51 AM
rab
My Feedback: (10)

I am considering buying an emax. But I have a few questions. Hope someone can help. What are the best batteries to buy? How long can you go on the batteries? What is the best charger to buy that will charge 2 at a time? I have a savage and a tmax - I just figured I will like to try electric. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-19-2003, 05:47 PM
Bad_Maxx_24

Hey Rab. I would recommend getting a E-MAXX awsome truck, As for the batterys I would go for 2400's or better. I have 2 Duratrax RC-2400's. And as for the run time that depends somewhat on how u run the truck if u run alot in second gear your run time will be decreased but with my 2400's i get about somwhere around 7-10 mins depending on how run it somtimes longer i really havent timed it but its somwhere around there. And as for the charger Yes there is a charger that will charge 2 at 1 time. I have a duratrax intellipeak twin charger, charges them both in about 45 mins. If u have anymore question u can write me at [email protected]