RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

t maxx 2.5 or savage 21 ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 10:18 PM
rcKlan
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t maxx 2.5 or savage 21 ?

which truck is better the t maxx 2.5 or the savage 21?
Old 08-25-2003, 10:45 PM
remten2001

what do you like to eat better an apple or an orange?
Old 08-26-2003, 06:17 PM
rcKlan

well Vote peiople how hard can It be?? 38 views and 7 votes this is crazy!
Old 08-26-2003, 07:02 PM
Rex2342

I think everyone is tired of discussing this topic thats why nobody is voting.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:03 PM
rcKlan

oh
Old 08-26-2003, 07:13 PM
Rex2342

I don't mean to be rude but it's probably the reason nobody is voting.Besides you won't get a good vote because everyone will just vote for what they own.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:25 PM
Legendary

Default That's not true!

I voted for the Savage and I own 2 .21 converted Maxx's! Now is the Savage better then my .25 Maxx??? I just can't get past the fact that the Maxx has a .15 in it! The Maxx is a good truck but, the 2.5 engine just has to many problems! Myself I would buy new Savage parts and build one from the ground up with the parts I wanted on it! This can be done with the Maxx as well and both would be better then anything out of a box!
Old 08-26-2003, 07:41 PM
RCFreakInFL
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Default Re: That's not true!

Originally posted by Legendary
I just can't get past the fact that the Maxx has a .15 in it!
As opposed to.....?? It's a 1/10 truck....show me a 1/10 that comes stock out of the box with something larger! It's already faster than the Savage anyway, why would you want something larger??!! I loved my MAXX 2.5, just sold it to another mod on here, because I need to clear some space, but the truck NEVER had problems. It's a simple 2 stroke motor, if you know how to tune and break them in properly, you shouldn't have problems either.

The only people that come on here and bad mouth the 2.5's, are those who have problems....but everyone else who loves them is out bashing them!

And yes, the subject of MAXX vs. Savage is tiring, but it does give the newcomers some heads up, what to look for, from owners of the trucks themselves! That's the best advice you can get, from the horses mouth, instead of heresay!
Old 08-26-2003, 08:10 PM
Rex2342

OOPS
Old 08-26-2003, 08:14 PM
Rex2342

I'll agree that the 2.5 makes some good power but I've had one HE#@ of a time trying to tune this engine.We finally got it tuned close but it still overheats.I think the Maxx is just to heavy for that engine or the Heatsink is just junk.When it's running good it's running GOOD!!! But it's overheats alot and it's running a little ritcher than the factory settings.I'll be the first to admit my tuning skills are perfect but the other engines I've tuned run well without overheating.I've tuned a 12rss,Fantom fr15,15Fe,Hyper 21,Hyper21 8 port,Force .25,21BB,XTM .18 and the old Traxxas .15 and none of them gave me the trouble the TRX 2.5 has.
Old 08-26-2003, 08:33 PM
RCFreakInFL
Banned

There have been a bad batch of those 2.5 motors though, as Traxxas has admitted. But that was long in the past, from the 1st gen of the 2nd gen 2.5's (if that makes any sense)! The newer 2.5's are suppose to be much better than the old ones though, so maybe there lies the problem?

I do have to say, a .15 motor in a 10lb+ truck, does seem kinda absurd, but really....when these get moving, they go really well! I think thats why Traxxas put a 2spd in them, not for the increased speed of 2nd gear, but for the low 1st gear, giving the truck lots of torque, and easing the drivetrain and clutch system on the truck itself.

I think the Savage can go without the 2spd, because it has a .21 motor stock, so there is more power....so it's hits both low, mid, and high ranges on the power band perfectly, without having to use gearing for that....

The 2 trucks are apples and oranges, not just because they are different scales, but because they use different types of drivetrains, motors, suspensions, and the weight is not similar either...

I have said this before in many of these threads.....both have their -'s and +'s....this coming from a MAXX and Savage owner no less...so I am not bias. Let's just keep this thread educational, because god knows we have some diehard fans on this site, for either truck!

RCF
Old 08-26-2003, 09:34 PM
Rex2342

I think it was a "bad engine" but we replaced the Piston/sleeve after not even 10 tanks of fuel.It runs 10 times better the the P/S but it still has some problems.Maybe I'll have my freind look at the Traxxas engine exchange for the newer version or maybe I can talk him into a Siro18!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2003, 10:47 PM
Legendary

Default Re: Re: That's not true!

Originally posted by RCFreakInFL
As opposed to.....?? It's a 1/10 truck....show me a 1/10 that comes stock out of the box with something larger! It's already faster than the Savage anyway, why would you want something larger??!! I loved my MAXX 2.5, just sold it to another mod on here, because I need to clear some space, but the truck NEVER had problems. It's a simple 2 stroke motor, if you know how to tune and break them in properly, you shouldn't have problems either.

The only people that come on here and bad mouth the 2.5's, are those who have problems....but everyone else who loves them is out bashing them!

And yes, the subject of MAXX vs. Savage is tiring, but it does give the newcomers some heads up, what to look for, from owners of the trucks themselves! That's the best advice you can get, from the horses mouth, instead of heresay!

What makes it a 1/10??? The engine?? Maybe! Is there a 1/1 T-Maxx somewhere that they scaled it to NO! Is the a 1/1 Savage somewhere NO! Is there that much of a size difference between these trucks to say one is a 1/8 and the other is a 1/10? NO! We compare these trucks because we can not because it's right or wrong!
Old 08-27-2003, 03:35 AM
RCFreakInFL
Banned

Default Re: Re: Re: That's not true!

Originally posted by Legendary
What makes it a 1/10??? The engine?? Maybe! Is there a 1/1 T-Maxx somewhere that they scaled it to NO! Is the a 1/1 Savage somewhere NO! Is there that much of a size difference between these trucks to say one is a 1/8 and the other is a 1/10? NO! We compare these trucks because we can not because it's right or wrong!
Are you questioning the scale of the truck?? If so, that's absurd. There is a formula that is used, to determine scale on an R/C....most of it involves weight, size, and the motor used in it. It has nothing to do with a "smaller scaled down actual model of a real vehicle".....it is a 1/10th truck......if you ever saw the 2 next to each other, you would see why..... " "
Old 08-27-2003, 11:41 AM
Legendary

Default What is absurd is,

We are arguing about whether or not we can compare these two trucks or not and there is no doubt that we can! They have just about the same power to weight ratio, they are made to do the same thing, cost about the same and both can be hoped up to no end. Why is it that you think we should not compare these 2 truck's??? It's only the engine that makes the Maxx 1/10, if that were not the case then the Monster Pirate is miss classed and is just a 1/10 with a .21 and the same goes for the Titan which is just about the same size as a Maxx - the engine and the Dominator which is a bit longer but, smaller on just about all the other dimensions (it even weights about the same at 9.8lbs). My point here is that the "formula" that they use is a joke!