Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Monster Truck War

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 11:40 AM
14leo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster Truck War

At this point I can tell a lot of people are confused on what to get as myself. Savage ss looked like the best for a while. Then the Savage 25 RTR to run was announced. MGT will also be released. Whatever is on traxxas sleeve will be released. These are pretty hard choices lol. Myself I just bought a T-maxx 2.5 new. I was going to get a savage anyways but now my choices for the savage got tougher. At this point I find myself waiting a couple of months to see the pro's and cons of each truck . Traxxas hasn't announced anything. You bet they have something up their sleeve. what can it be? At this point u can't go wrong with any of these trucks. They are the top dogs.

What do u guys think about all these monster trucks coming out? What are your plans for your next buy? I bet savage 21 owners are pretty mad. The ones that recently got them i should say.

TRAXXAS BETTER HURRY UP
Old 08-28-2003, 01:08 PM
ITCHYTRIGGER

Hello 14LEO I am from L.A. i come to oxnard at least once a month. i have friends there. anyway, do not wait for any new things to come the more new things come out the more they stay the same. for example savage.the only diiference is the engine. no one that i know of stays with the stock engine for long you 'll change it eventually. my 2 savage and 2 tmaxx has none original parts in it a little over a year old. just get it and enjoy bashing, racing and whatever breaks =upgrade.

do you race at camarillo?
Old 08-28-2003, 04:08 PM
Clod
My Feedback: (-1)

Old 08-28-2003, 04:52 PM
remten2001

terminator 3

Old 08-28-2003, 07:24 PM
grampi

The MT wars causes mass confusion for us consumers. For a while, the MGT looked like the easy choice. Then comes the Savage SS and 25 RTR. Both come with a more powerful engine than the MGTThe choice would be a lot easier for me if the MGT and/or the SS was offered in a rolling chassis kit. I hate the manufacturers choosing the engines and radios for me. An MGT with a Picco .26 and and an MX-3 radio sounds pretty good to me, but not if I have to pay for their engine and radio too.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:24 PM
Justintoxicated

I think its ok to go with the SS, then you can just keep your 2 shoe clutch but get the MIP one (I hear its as good or better than a 3 shoe anyways). the only other huge difference will be the fuel tank, but i don't thik thats worth waiting months for.

Unless you actually want to rotostart...

seems the hexes are supposed to be updated on the SS, perhaps the reason for delay?

SS comes with a pipe and HD dogbones, not sure about the RTR25's dogbones, there might be some other small differences (springs), but nothing to wait for at this time...

I want the fuel tank though thats for sure!
Old 08-28-2003, 08:38 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

I personally go with things of less popularity so i when i win a race or am the last one standing in a bashing frenzy with friends, i can say "shouldnt have got that (insert over bought item here aka savage tmaxx)"
Old 08-28-2003, 08:39 PM
grampi

So the SS comes with the same ol' problematic fuel tank.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:42 PM
caseyddr

Originally posted by grampi
So the SS comes with the same ol' problematic fuel tank.
who cares, be different and get something else dont be a follower, be a leader.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:53 PM
grampi

Kinda tough to be a leader if your engine keeps quitting because of a faulty fuel tank.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:57 PM
caseyddr

Originally posted by grampi
Kinda tough to be a leader if your engine keeps quitting because of a faulty fuel tank.
shouldnt have bought HPI!! hahah
Old 08-28-2003, 08:59 PM
bubbafien
My Feedback: (1)

i am pretty sure hpi will do a running upgrade on ALL savages as far as the tank. if not all then they will definitly have it in the ss as well as the .25.

bubbafien
Old 08-28-2003, 09:25 PM
caseyddr

the SS doesnt have it, jus the .25 RTR so far. at least thats what is listed.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:44 PM
bubbafien

i am pretty sure they wil fix it on all

bubbafien
Old 08-28-2003, 09:45 PM
caseyddr

Originally posted by bubbafien
i am pretty sure they wil fix it on all

bubbafien
lets hope so even though im not getting one i dont want a forum filled with "savage tank problems" to read haha
Old 08-28-2003, 09:59 PM
14leo

hey itchy trigger i want to start racing in camarillo but firs i wanna hop up my maxx some. I might get rid of my E-maxx so then it would be easier to get the savage .25 RTR since it's sounding like the best in my view. U ever go to hobbypeople in camarillo that's a pretty good store. A lot of help there .

I'm still a newbie but i learned a lot reading these forums.

Imagine what real newbies as myself are going thru trying to pic one of these. First it was kits being a better value than RTR. Now most people think the Savage .25 RTR is better.

Whoever said traxxas had that new product coming out WE WANT PROOF OR DETAILS . You can't just say oh they're coming out with this and this just because u think so Anyways i think we could use this thread to help each other out somehow on our next product.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:33 PM
flatlander_14

Originally posted by terminator 3
i know what traxxas are bringing out next my uncle works at the factory were they build them think twin engined .50 in that case and 9" wheels ... i know more but you will have to bribe me cause its top secret

this is coming from your same uncle who used to sit you on his lap and told you the easter bunny and santa clause are real
Old 08-28-2003, 11:08 PM
underglow

HAHAH ^ Good one!!!!
Old 08-28-2003, 11:12 PM
14leo

lol flatlander
Old 08-29-2003, 01:05 AM
RCFreakInFL
Banned

i know what traxxas are bringing out next my uncle works at the factory were they build them think twin engined .50 in that case and 9" wheels ... i know more but you will have to bribe me cause its top secret
*sigh* (nods head)....
Old 08-29-2003, 01:31 AM
POJack

Dude, really? I heard Traxxas is merging with SIG model airplane company and they are going to make a maxx that you can eighther bash with or fly. It's going to have retractable wings on it too. I also heard that they are going to throw a jet engine on the thing.........Come on dude, you can't be serious. A twin .50 would cost too much and your average basher wouldn't buy it. Not to mention, Traxxas always brags about catering to people that are new to rc. I don't think a twin would be the way to go for a new guy. And my favorite is the 9" wheels. That is just too funny.
Old 08-29-2003, 02:03 PM
ITCHYTRIGGER

Hi 14leo i have never been to camarillo race track but i will check it out next weekend. i have been to hobbypeople there and yes they are good people....by the way if you are new to this i want to WELCOME you to this wonderful hobby. glad to have another hobbiest. keep in touch i want to hook you up with my friends there, they all run trucks. piece of advise be very selective on what you hear or see in this forum. most of the time you will get good advise.