Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

wrong glowplug...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 03:57 PM
matt_z_h

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wrong glowplug...

I bought a new glowplug for my CEN MT2 and not knowing what to buy at the time I bought an O.S. A3 Short, which is a Hot element plug. according to my manual i'm supposed to run a cold element like an O.S. A5 short. I did start my engine with the A3 and it ran, but will it wreck my engine or have any adverse effects?

thanks,

Matt
Old 08-30-2003, 06:49 PM
Kuma
My Feedback: (1)

If your engine is designed for colder plugs, tuning will be a little hard and sensitive with a hot plug, I'm sure it won't damage your engine but the tuning will be a headache. I personally use A3's on many engines and don't find much of a problem with them, just that it won't keep an idle as easily as an OS 8, Rossi R5 or McCoy 9 would. It MIGHT increase engine temps as well, so keep a close watch on it.
Old 08-30-2003, 08:07 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

ACtually.. I think it might damage your engine in the long run.

Like Kuma said, it will be much more sensitive since it will be running harder than it should.

This might lead to detonation and all kinds of bad stuff like your filament coming off and hurting your engine..

I would save the hot plug for a rainy day (pun intended) and use a colder plug for now.

ram