Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Terra Crusher Discontinued???

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 04:24 PM
cmullins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terra Crusher Discontinued???

Anybody know why the TC is being d/c by Tower? I was thinking about buying one and now this. Also, I am not out to get a speed demon but I want something that is durable and has good suspension for bigger jumps. I haven't seen one of these in action but I have seen the Tmaxx and Savage run. Does the TC have as good suspension and soak up the bumps and landings as well as they do? I watched to Videos on the web site and it seemed to land pretty hard on the first video and bounce like the suspension was very stiff. The Savage I saw jump seemed to land very softly and absorb the ground pretty good. Any info would be awesome. Thanks
Old 09-02-2003, 04:45 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Default Re: Terra Crusher Discontinued???

Originally posted by cmullins
Anybody know why the TC is being d/c by Tower? I was thinking about buying one and now this. Also, I am not out to get a speed demon but I want something that is durable and has good suspension for bigger jumps. I haven't seen one of these in action but I have seen the Tmaxx and Savage run. Does the TC have as good suspension and soak up the bumps and landings as well as they do? I watched to Videos on the web site and it seemed to land pretty hard on the first video and bounce like the suspension was very stiff. The Savage I saw jump seemed to land very softly and absorb the ground pretty good. Any info would be awesome. Thanks
the terra is great at everythign u want!! ask dagass or his brother, as they have both been out to run with me. Kuma also has one along with a few other ppl.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...s&pagenumber=4

there is a short clip there of my terra crusher, that jump was about 20 feet if not more in the air, landed on its top and NOTHING broke. It goes a liil under 30 mph. The shocks are very stiff, and hold it well, it doesnt bottom out at all when i jump it either. When we took it to a construction site, it literally ate the bumps and sailed over it. Order it from Stormerhobbies.com or other places, aftermarket support is great for it (not tmaxx though) and they can be a real beast. The chassis is very simple to drill also if y9ou wanna drop a BB in it. if you have anymore questions just ask me id be happy to persuade you in getting a quality car!

oh and if u read the thread you will see that the truck ran away from me... my fautl but ya, anyways it smacked into a curb going full speed and didnt break anything, popped off a turnbuckle thats it. after it hit, it continued to try taking off in another direction!! lol the engine jus didnt want to stop..
Old 09-02-2003, 05:12 PM
cmullins

Those are some pretty awesome vids. Do you have any idea why tower is discontinuing it. I just want to get something a little different than everybody else (Maxx/Savage), but I don't want to be disappointed if they run circles around me and can jump the bigger jumps, etc.
Old 09-02-2003, 05:34 PM
dagass

Casey,

If I were to die today, I would have to say that the biggest disappointment in my life to this point is not getting that runaway on video! It was hands down the funniest thing I've ever seen! Maybe we can try it again!
Old 09-02-2003, 05:46 PM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

I agree with Casey. My terra crusher has taken quite a beating and I haven't broken anything yet. I put in an Epic.18 engine and it will give my Sportmaxx a serious challenge. As for it being discontinued, who knows? Some say it is and some say it isn't, and Tamiya isn't saying. I would go for it, its the best handleing most durable truck I've driven!
Old 09-02-2003, 09:37 PM
Savage_Dias

I'd have to find out what was going on with it before I dropped money on one. I'd hate to baby it thinking I might not be able to get replacement parts. It may be something as simple as size restrictions for shipping tho.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:08 AM
ElPolloDiablo
My Feedback: (2)

Originally posted by Savage_Dias
I'd have to find out what was going on with it before I dropped money on one. I'd hate to baby it thinking I might not be able to get replacement parts. It may be something as simple as size restrictions for shipping tho.
even if it is discontinued(and some other forum goer that works at tamiya says its not) , doesnt tamiya keep making parts for just about forever?

Ive heard of people buying new parts for cars that havent been made for years from tamiya.

Finally got my TC fixed today, had a blast just bombin around my street and off the neighbors bike ramp.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:19 AM
dagass

According to Tamiya U.S.A., the T.C. isn't officially discontinued. They say that Tamiya U.S.A. is completely out of stock on the Crusher and the order with Tamiya Japan has been delayed for quite some time. Tamiya Japan is not offering any firm delivery schedule for replenishment of Tamiya U.S. stock.

While some sites such as Tower are showing the Crusher as discontinued, Tamiya says that those companies are jumping the gun. Tamiya also says that their inability to provide distributors with any concrete delivery information does not signal one way or the other that the Terra Crusher has been discontinued. For now, the official status for the Terra Crusher is "on backorder until further notice".
Old 09-03-2003, 05:31 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

the terra crusher was my 1st truck ...and really handles well ill take it anyday rather than tmaxx ....but the engine is the issue we can only put 15-18 size engine unlees u are good in modufyin things..
Old 09-03-2003, 02:54 PM
remten2001

its tuff with a .18 engine but put a .26 engine in it///you will see then how really tuff it is...

I ran into a tree at WOT with ofna hyper.21 in it...i can tell you there was serious damage done to it...broked lower frame braces,broken front bulkheads,radio box screws head shreaded right thru the radio box fixed that using washers...,striped FRAT G parts....broken front bumper......

NOne of the A arms were broken so that is probably one spot where it is tougher than a tmaxx...

It a good truck but i won't be buying one another cause now i am moving on to gas 1/6 scale buggies....After spending so much on rc's i rather spend it on something bigger and that is worth it and that cost less in fuel to run...