Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

what clutch to use in tmaxx w/xtm 24/7?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

what clutch to use in tmaxx w/xtm 24/7?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 07:54 PM
wl6
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what clutch to use in tmaxx w/xtm 24/7?

How many tooth clutch for tmaxx with xtm 24/7?
Want mostly top speed....Is the stock tranny going to hold up?
All opinions or suggestions are welcomed.....Thanks...Bill
Old 09-16-2003, 08:22 PM
Turn&Burn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what clutch to use in tmaxx w/xtm 24/7?

Hey Bill, welcome to RCU... I am using the UE 4 shoe clutch (1/8 scale) and the Strobe RC slipper clutch on the tranny, with a Ofna 13 tooth bell and an Ofna 51 tooth spur.....Now this is 1/8 scale gearing and the teeth on these gears are beefer than the stock gears are, which can withstand hellish power.....I run the 24.7 6 port in my maxx and when I first put it in I was running 16, and 64 ...Which was the gearing I needed to pull grassey areas with ease......But I was going through stock clutches like butter....Needless to say at night the bell was glowing..And toasted the bearings aswell....Basically the stock clutch should not be used with over 2.0 hp....It just won't hold up....I am not using the t-maxx tranny I am using the sportmaxx tranny which does'nt have as much stuff to break, and after a gallon of fuel it is holding up fine so far (probly not too much longer though).....And I am using the stock diffs and they seem to holding just fine too, just make sure they are shimed or you will toast them in like 2 tanks......But UE can solve any drivetrain probs you run into....