Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Track in Miami

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 07:54 PM
maxxdaddy74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track in Miami

Hi fellow R.C.ers, I just wanted to inform everyone that Miami RC Raceway is in danger of closing due to low turnouts. Some of the guys that go on a regular basis and I have convinced the owner to let us try to keep it going. We plan to make it more friendly for the MTs as well as the 1/10 scale STs. Some people in the past have complained it was tailored to 1/8 scale buggies. We recognize that the MT and ST classes are growing faster and faster everyday and thats why we plan to make a friendlier track for them. We will be starting a R.C. club in order to generate funds to help with lighting for night races as well as clean the track up a bit. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. R.C tracks are scarce in South Florida and it would be a shame to let this one close. If anyone wants more info on joining just pm or e-mail me [email protected] and I'll get back to you.
Old 09-18-2003, 06:01 PM
JeDi_MaStEr

Default RE: Track in Miami

Hey MAXXDADDY74..what up dude, remember me with the Dukes of Hazzard TMAXX H2? I have not been able to get away for several weeks now, I can believe the track is going under!!!! DAMN..Are they still open on the weekends? I think I can get out there on Saturday, at least I will do my best..glad to hear your'e still around!!

Here is pic I took at the track last time I was there..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42473.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	62118  
Old 09-19-2003, 08:39 PM
maxxdaddy74

Its not under yet. A couple of us guys are meeting tommorrow at the track between 10 and 11 to discuss possibilities of saving it. We need all the input and help we can get. If you can make it I'll see ya there. We are gonna make the track a little more friendly to MTs in order to attract more racers.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:36 PM
IBRC

Why are they closing it?
Old 09-19-2003, 10:52 PM
rcblaze

Were is this Track at in Miami. I'm new to the area and live in West Palm. I think I would like to drive down and take a look.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:23 PM
maxxdaddy74

It is located in South Dade off of US1 and S.W. 211 st. The owner has been talking about turning in the lease back to the county due to low turnouts. The only way to prevent this from happening is to build a steady rouster of RCers. I know its hard to get to the track every weekend so theres talks about night racing and weekday events. We need all the support we can get to keep this track open.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:48 AM
BozGrove

ORIGINAL: maxxdaddy74

It is located in South Dade off of US1 and S.W. 211 st. The owner has been talking about turning in the lease back to the county due to low turnouts. The only way to prevent this from happening is to build a steady rouster of RCers. I know its hard to get to the track every weekend so theres talks about night racing and weekday events. We need all the support we can get to keep this track open.

Is the track still open. Id like some more info on it if it is.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:27 AM
matrixfreak

is there any tracks in pincrest miami or nearby.......and please tell me about a store were I can go nearby also!