Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

what ever happen to Cen?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 06:29 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what ever happen to Cen?

Just asking, you don't see or hear anything about them.
Old 05-24-2015, 11:21 AM
cetme308

Well, their site is as up to date as anyone's and multiple stores online have their products in-stock. Probably just can't/won't spend any marketing money. I assume once you make a niche for yourself, you either spend big bucks to expand or just be happy that you aren't out of business.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:07 AM
[email protected]

yeah cause no hobby shop in my area knows anything about them anymore. I saw the website was checking it out.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:51 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

My bookmarks have a link titled CEN Products NitroRCX.com...I wonder how old that bookmark is, 'cause all I see there is Exceed. and Iron Tracks products now. But, yeah I do remember their logo now after peeking at their site...
Attached Images  
Old 06-10-2015, 06:48 PM
Jeremy Z

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They're back on the market now with the Colossus (GST-E in markets outside the US), their 1/8 scale brushless electric monster truck.

There's a big thread on it over in the Monster Trucks sub-forum at URC.

I bought one, a new roller. They have some quality issues to work through before they're ready for the big-time. For example, all my outdrives/diff cups wore out within 15 runs. 'seems they forgot to harden them. The shocks leak right out of the box. It cost me about $95 to replace all the diff cups, and I sold the thing. Only place to get parts is ebay through chop shops and Taiwan, where they're made.

I clipped a tree with a front wheel, not going too fast, and just a glancing blow, and it broke a tie rod end. I can't complain about that, because those 7.5" tires give massive leverage.

I really wanted to like it. Those "colossal" tires just rolled over grass so nice and easy, compared to the usual 6-6.7" ones. Sold it at a big loss and got the Mad Force Kruiser 2.0VE and I like this one a lot better, as it's not breaking all the time.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:46 PM
Bloodbath81

This is disappointing to hear I was considering a Colossus for my next truck and they are priced well. I just cant be bothered dealing with the constant breakdowns though. I had an HPI Trophy Truggy for a while and that thing was a disaster. I still have an Axial Yet XL which has been very durable indeed.