Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

ramps not working for us as expected

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

ramps not working for us as expected

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 10:07 AM
njitgrad73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ramps not working for us as expected

For Christmas I purchased R/C jump ramps (specifically the Nitro Cross Ramps) from discountramps.com. Both of my sons have Stampede 2x4s. For some reason we cannot get the trucks to jump off the ramp without causing them to flip over. The trucks are slowly being destroyed this way.

In the YouTube video it appears that their Revo flies over the ramps with ease and I see absolutely no rotation. The only things I can think of is that the truck they use is somehow heavily front-weighted or the fact that we don't have four wheel drive and it is affecting the jump action.

Opinions?

https://youtu.be/Bu8-RhZEw5E

Last edited by njitgrad73; 03-16-2016 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:19 AM
Barracuz

Throttle control and weight distribution.

If you hit that ramp while on full throttle your front end will flip upwards. If you hit the ramp while coasting and the clutch and or motor is still engaged and providing engine braking your frond end will dip. Gotta play around and find a good balance of throttle.\

Same with weight being a rwd vehicle and with motors usually in the rear in rc cars and trucks having the front end lift up is expected. Yo could try and use some weights to help.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:21 AM
njitgrad73

Originally Posted by Barracuz
Yo could try and use some weights to help.
What would you suggest?
Old 03-16-2016, 07:58 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think weight is needed. I've jumped Stampede 2wd off similar ramps just fine. You need to experiment with the throttle and when you release it. Dont release the throttle or release too late and the nose will be high. Release the throttle too early and the nose will dip down. Release just right (once the truck has hit the ramp) and the truck will stay level like in the video. Also while the truck is in the air you can stab the brake and the front will come down, stab the throttle and the front comes up. I know you're not getting huge air so big corrections can't be made but that's the physics of it.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:01 AM
njitgrad73

Originally Posted by Maj_Overdrive
I don't think weight is needed. I've jumped Stampede 2wd off similar ramps just fine. You need to experiment with the throttle and when you release it. Dont release the throttle or release too late and the nose will be high. Release the throttle too early and the nose will dip down. Release just right (once the truck has hit the ramp) and the truck will stay level like in the video. Also while the truck is in the air you can stab the brake and the front will come down, stab the throttle and the front comes up. I know you're not getting huge air so big corrections can't be made but that's the physics of it.
Thanks for the advice!
Old 03-20-2016, 07:26 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

How To Jump My RC Car videos ...HERE.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:01 AM
njitgrad73

Originally Posted by RustyUs
How To Jump My RC Car videos ...HERE.
Thanks, that was very helpful. I should have thought of that.