Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Newbie needing help W/ Redcat Terremoto V2

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Newbie needing help W/ Redcat Terremoto V2

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 03:05 PM
infocus2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie needing help W/ Redcat Terremoto V2

New to the forum and making a come back to the rc world after years of down time. I recently bought a Redcat Terremoto V2 and I'm looking to see if there are any of body options other than the stock bodies. I'm also looking at changing the wheels to something with some color. I'm unfamiliar with the wheel size I need. I like the deep dish negative offset look. I would appreciate any help I could get and I look forward to chatting it up and learning. Thanks!
Old 03-27-2016, 05:54 PM
cbaker65

Originally Posted by infocus2006
New to the forum and making a come back to the rc world after years of down time. I recently bought a Redcat Terremoto V2 and I'm looking to see if there are any of body options other than the stock bodies. I'm also looking at changing the wheels to something with some color. I'm unfamiliar with the wheel size I need. I like the deep dish negative offset look. I would appreciate any help I could get and I look forward to chatting it up and learning. Thanks!
If you got the manual ,then it should show the wheel & hex size,you can also change the size hex if need be to fit a different wheel.
Some manufactures say what their bodies measure ,so you can look out for that.Measure your wheel base Length & width to cross reference
to theirs.You more than likely have to convert the measurements from inches to centimeters or what ever it maybe.
Old 03-28-2016, 03:54 AM
infocus2006

I haven't gotten it yet. Still waiting for it to ship. I was just trying to get an early start on getting some wheels and a different body.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:13 AM
infocus2006

I looked at the manual on Redcats website and it doesn't have a wheel and tire measurement. Just model numbers
Old 04-05-2016, 01:13 AM
Maxximize

I couldn't find the actual size of the tires, but I have seen several Ebay listings saying they use a 17mm Hex size. Almost all 1/8 truck wheels these days are 17mm hub, so your choices are endless! If you have a micrometer, you could always measure the hub just to be sure. Given the truck's size, I'd say anything advertised for trucks the size of the Maxx and Revo trucks would work well with it. Proline has an excellent selection for 17mmhub wheels and make really nice wheels/tires. But they are pricey. You could also get some from an RTR truck off Ebay such as some HPI Savage Wheels or some Associated Rival wheels. The stock wheels for the Traxxas Summit are also 17mm and look pretty nice, I think the black chrome 5 spoke ones off the Brushless E Revo are also 17mm.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:32 AM
infocus2006

I finally got the wheels lined out and bought. I went with Proline. I have a set of them on my Tmaxx 3.3 too. Now I just need to line out a body
Old 04-06-2016, 02:11 AM
Maxximize

Nice! Proline makes some excellent stuff, love their bodies. As for the body, I'm thinking a T Maxx sized body would probably work well for the Redcat. Some are different sizes even though they are for the same truck, though. I had that issue with my big block T Maxx due to it's size being different than a normal Maxx, and running 80% offset rims making it very wide. I went with the Proline F 150 Raptor body because it's slightly longer and wider than most the others, and it ended up fitting my truck perfectly and makes it look more filled out than it does with a normal sized body. Proline is really good about showing the dimensions of their shells, so once you get the truck you can measure the length and width of it and it's body and pick one that's the size you want. Post up some pics of that bad boy once you get it all set up! I agree those stock rims just don't do it, I prefer chrome and/or colors on my rims as well. HPI makes some shells for 1/8 trucks, too but they are cheaper and thinner. Parma makes some good bodies but their selection isn't as good as it once was.

Last edited by Maxximize; 04-06-2016 at 02:14 AM.