RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Fuel For CEN MT2. 12% Lub OK?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 08:07 PM
normanski

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fuel For CEN MT2. 12% Lub OK?

Hello People,

My LHS recommended this Sidewinder 20% Nitro fuel when I was there last time. I then found out that it only has 12% Lubrication. I heard from somewhere that Low % of lubrication should only be used on Big Blocks. Any comments

Normanski
Old 10-09-2003, 08:43 PM
auto2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel For CEN MT2. 12% Lub OK?

HI Norm; Here is how I look at it.
a) I would use whatever CEN tells you to use

B) use exactlly the opposite of what CEN recommends( that why you can install a big block that much sooner LOL!)

If I were you I would use the same fuel I broke in the engine with aaand stick to it.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:14 PM
injectedsmile16

Use O' Donnell 20%. I have used it in every nitro car I have ever had. Its great, has 18% Lube. At my LHS its 25 bucks a gallon so not to expensive and its great fuel. Thats what I use and I recommend it to everyone.
Old 10-10-2003, 12:29 AM
normanski

Hello Auto2,

Don't temp me please! If I can get parts here, I would probably go down the BB route! It looks so cool!

My latest attempt is to contact some Hobby shops in Taiwan to see if they would stock & ship CEN parts to Hong Kong.

As it is, my CEN ATX is looking more like a HPI Nitro MT. Well, since I have the HPI Ford F-350 body already, and if I can't get the CEN monster tires, I may go for some smaller Pro-line tires which are used for the Nitro MT. And with the same Anodized pink chassis, the CEN FunFactor is just like a HPI Nitro MT.

As for the issue of fuel, the Sidewinder is giving me plenty of fume so perhaps it is OK. I would definitely try the O' Donnell 20% on my next engine. Thank you.

Normanski
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32495.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	66774  
Old 10-10-2003, 08:46 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

I agree that 12% on a small block is a little low. O'donell, like many others use Morgan fuels and is pretty good. It has 18% and I wouldnt hesitate to use it.

-Ram
Old 10-10-2003, 11:38 AM
normanski

Thank you Buggies_R_Us,

So, it is true that I should use a high Lub formula for Small Block. Can you explain why? Just want to know a bit more.

Normanski
Old 10-10-2003, 03:02 PM
petrolpixie

i think it is (correct me if i am wrong) because the smaller engines rev that bit harder (anywhere from 30k to 40k)
the big blocks dont rev that hard (anywhere from 25k to 30k) but saying that there are some engines that are an exception to this