grampi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody got a Monster GT yet?

Seems like they should be out by now.
Old 10-28-2003, 02:11 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Anybody got a Monster GT yet?

grampi ur late ...there are some in these forum who have it..where uve been didnt see u in a while http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/whos...1216619/tm.htm
Old 10-28-2003, 05:19 PM
caseyddr

grampi, it definately wasnt worth the wait.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:55 PM
Fast Guy

grampi, it definitely was worth the wait. Performance is much like my Savage 21. All the hop-ups I put on my Savage (reverse, CVD's, 3 shoe clutch, etc) are on it in stock form and it is so much easier to service.[8D]
Old 10-28-2003, 09:36 PM
caseyddr

the thing is horrible! they took all that time for a truck and the layout is horrible! you'd think with all the extra time they could get something that looks nice. Shoot, everytruck is easy to work on if you know what you are doing. At least make a truck original... from what ive heard around here, its jus a copy off a different truck, AE didnt even make the damn thing. Thats why it took so long [X(][:'(][&o]
Old 10-28-2003, 11:17 PM
grampi

Wow, lots of mixed reviews. If it's as bad as some of you say it is, this could come back to haunt AE. I don't think the extrordinarily long waiting period would've been a problem if the truck was clearly the best out there. I still think AE not producing the kits themselves was a mistake.
Old 10-29-2003, 12:23 AM
ShOzz

casey did you buy one? what did you find wrong with it?
i saw one at the LHS and gotta say the layout looked very nice and easy to work on. roll bar seemed very weak though.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:13 AM
badboy2

casey i think it was made by thunder tiger
Old 10-29-2003, 10:40 AM
jigsawking

It Is, Gotta be the ugliest truck out there,

[link=http://www.modelsportuk.com/v20020702/dynamic/ms_dynam_20020702/window_info.php?ItemID=16041]thunder tiger MGT[/link]
Old 10-29-2003, 11:48 AM
remten2001

casey is jelous because there is now a better a truck on the market that is comparable to the terra crusher....Casey doesn't even owns one yet he has the balls to come here and makes stupid remarks about it......

The mgt is by far better than a terror crapper....It comes loaded with features the TC doesn't have...

Take the pill and swallow it and stop those negative remarks you give to almost everything that is anot a terra crusher....
Old 10-29-2003, 01:01 PM
DCLXVI

Thunder Tiger came to AE with a design/prototype for a truck and asked AE if they would like to put their name on it/cooperate and AE said: -Sure, we'll just need to adjust/redesign some of the things on it...

The time it took for it to come out is from that redisigning...from what I've heard, AE has done quite much on the truck...

Also, the truck are (just like ALL the other AE RTR cars/trucks) assembled by ThunderTiger...and powerd by ThunderTiger engines...

Side note...consider the fact that Thunder Tiger are one of the largest R/C companys in the world...I would guess bigger than AE, Losi and Traxxas combined, and then some...
Old 10-29-2003, 01:20 PM
dagass

I've played around with the AE truck at my LHS and while I don't like it for the simple reason that it is "too big", I can appreciate the work that AE (Thunder tiger or whoever) put into it. Yes, as I said before, it's big, but the chassis is supprisingly open and un-cluttered.

As for the general feel, it feels like it's fairly well put together. One thing I did notice is that the suspension arms look a little thin where the shocks pass through them. I figured that on a truck that big, they would have a little more beef. Gotta give AE a big thumbs on the body though. It looks pretty nice. All in all, it looks to be a pretty decent truck (as one would expect from Associated).

Big trucks definitely aren't for me, but if they were, I'd give it a look!
Old 10-29-2003, 02:19 PM
caseyddr

ORIGINAL: wizen2002

casey is jelous because there is now a better a truck on the market that is comparable to the terra crusher....Casey doesn't even owns one yet he has the balls to come here and makes stupid remarks about it......

The mgt is by far better than a terror crapper....It comes loaded with features the TC doesn't have...

Take the pill and swallow it and stop those negative remarks you give to almost everything that is anot a terra crusher....

nope, the size of it is the onlything i like about the MGT. I'm waiting on the XTM Mammoth personally, thats what I want. And I'm not going to own a MGT because its jus a plain bust. I do NOT think it is better than the Terra Crusher at all, although it does have the up taht it is a big block. Thats it. Come on, what in gods name made them decide to put fake piggy back shocks on it?! they dont even look real!!!

This 'thing' is near the bottom of the MT quality list. I rather have a Thunder Quake, or worse..... A SAVAGE OR TMAXX EVEN.

every truck has something specific about them...

Savage = ladder chassis
Tmaxx = starter of everything around us now
DD = widest MT
Terra Crusher = 2 channel reverse operation
Mammoth = Soon to be largest MT out with 50+mph claimed top end

then we get to the MGT
MGT = fake piggy back shocks WEEEEEEE [X(]
Old 11-01-2003, 10:43 PM
frambo

The latest Xtreme RC Magazine gave it a good review. I spent some time looking one over at my LHS and I have to say it looked very impressive. The layout looked very nice (remove 4 screws and all the electrics come out - plenty of room to work on everything), nice hopups (extruded aluminum chassis) included, etc. The truck is BIG though and the 21 might be a bit small ?????? I would have to drive one to see. IMO it looks like they did an awesome job on it.

I also noticed that the axle carriers looked almost identical to the T-Maxx (might be the same ones)? The piggyback shocks are fake though! According to Xtreme RC Mag, they are only for looks. That is disappointing.

The dual start thing looks pretty cool. Use a drill or a recoil.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:55 PM
Kuma
My Feedback: (1)

RCCA also did a review and they seem to like it as well and rated it at 32mph stock out of box, and looks like an oversized stadium truck with 4WD and a tub-like chassis. The design is a very strange one and out of the usual from most other monster trucks, it's getting many good reviews but pricetag (close to $1000 CDN here) hurts and some parts of the truck looks flimsy and what's up with the fake shock resevoirs? AE is a good company, I give them credit for their long time RC10 series and continual upgrades and hopups so hopefully they'll succeed just as well in the monster truck era.

The XTM Mamoth is indeed going to be a big truck, and if you see the chassis, there's TONS of room behind the throttle servo, perhaps for a second fuel tank or anything else.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:37 AM
caseyddr

study the mammoth closer, specially for the price tag, its a much better truck IMO. There is enough room for another engine AND another fuel tank. Whatever you want. This thing will dwarf the MGT, which was built to be the 'biggest.' They matched the TC, which is nice, abou tthe only thing.