Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

cost of parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 10:58 PM
auto2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cost of parts

I wonder if anyone has added up the cost of ALL the parts in a car/truck/buggy; and compared it to the cost of buying a whole new truck to use as spare parts.

I have an OS RZ and need a crank. So i figured get a new piston and sleeve and berings etc and freshen it up. Well it's cheaper to buy a whole new engine!LOL
Old 10-30-2003, 11:46 PM
normanski

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: cost of parts

Hi Auto,

The amount of money I have spent trying(still trying!) to convert my CEN ATX to CEN MT2, I can probably buying a MT2 out right.

So why do we do it? Are we all just fools? The answer is "Probably"!

Normanski
Old 10-31-2003, 05:21 AM
ducati74868

Half the fun in this hobby is doing the repairs/upgrading yourself. Sure its probably cheaper to by a whole new engine in your case, but by doing that the only thing you are really doing is uninstalling and installing, not rebuilding yourself! Just gotta do what makes you happy!
Old 10-31-2003, 06:58 AM
auto2

you know your absolutlly right. I bought a new engine AND am fixing the one I broke. I had this uncontroable urge to fix it no matter what the cost. You just explained why. thanks!:-)