Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

what is the worst monster truck?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

what is the worst monster truck?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 09:50 AM
bigjdubb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what is the worst monster truck?

caseyddr, was that supposed to be a joke?

"its called the XTM Mammoth"

The Mammoth may end up being XTM's first decent product, but I doubt it.

Isphius, I feel the same way about MT racing now. But when I got the Maxx I got it with the intent of racing it. The MT classes make for a good entry point into RC racing. Typicaly the class is made up of beginers and it is easy to get started in. I moved on from the MT class to 1/8th scale sportsman and havent looked back. Although I do take the Maxx out to the track every once in a while. For some it is just a mater of preference. I tend to get bored pretty quick when I am just out "playing" with the T-Maxx. Without a track in front of me I don't really think that the time to load up and clean up when done is worth it.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:55 PM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

I think trying to race a MT is not the smartest thing to do because its bassically taking a car designed the opposite of a race car, heavy, high, and huge off road tires, and trying to turn it back into a race car and race. it seems a purpose built racing vehicle would make more sense than spending tons of money making a monster truck track ready. just my $.02
Old 11-06-2003, 12:19 AM
Dr. Krass

in response to everyone who thinks the t-maxx is the worst truck ever:

[sm=punching.gif]
The T-MaxX is NOT the worst MT at all. The T-MaxX and S-25/SS are some of the best MT's. There are cheap, terrible trucks out there. From my expierences with two of these, the worst monster truck is the Duratrax Maximum MT. It is the most unreliable truck ever, and handles horribly, and the engine is crappy. It features a terrible design, it's only 2WD, the truck itself is the size of a stadium truck, and the suspension is laughable. Do not get this truck.
Old 11-06-2003, 12:24 PM
studysession

Traxxas stuff break to easy. JMO
Old 11-06-2003, 03:23 PM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

performace wise, id say the wild willy is the slowest worst handling truck on the earth, with its impressive 12mph top speed. Its still one of the coolest looking trucks out there imo.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:26 PM
homelessduck101
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

As with another thread I have a T-Maxx and they arnt that bad.
Yeah they might break more but part of the reason it does is cause they are so fast and light.They are NOT the MOST durable but they can keep up with any other truck.
Any way the most POS IMO is the Terra Crusher(which I HAVE drivn)

-Dallas
Old 11-06-2003, 06:29 PM
studysession

I have heard so many things abt the Tera Crusher being so durable - What you think is bad on it? I have not even seen one except in the mags. Figure they must not be to popular or something.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:41 PM
homelessduck101
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

They are not realiable,they need rebuilds too soon(like after 1gal.),they have hardly any after market parts.I owned one and quikly sold it.If u thought the T-Maxx engine was a POS then u havent seen the Crushers.----Money holw--

-Dallas
Old 11-06-2003, 08:56 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: homelessduck101

They are not realiable,they need rebuilds too soon(like after 1gal.),they have hardly any after market parts.I owned one and quikly sold it.If u thought the T-Maxx engine was a POS then u havent seen the Crushers.----Money holw--

-Dallas
What can i say.. You all know id' post on this. I'll agree, the engine is total garbage. Found that out pretty fast... But I replaced it with the EPIC Big Bore .18 and this thing hauls ass now no question. It's easily pushing near 40 if not 40 now, and thats still with the stock tires. Studysession, there should be some videos of it this weekend when i run with dagass and you can see it in action I love mine, but i will agree, the stock engine is crap jus like the TRX 2.5
Old 11-06-2003, 09:40 PM
gHeTTo_SaVaGe

i have heard good things about the terra crusher. The crappiest truck in my opinion is the notsoSMARTECH Magic Wheel. lame copy of a tmaxx 1st generation with eveything downgraded.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:06 AM
diirtbag
My Feedback: (3)

the pirate 10 is by far the biggest pile ever made
Old 11-07-2003, 01:36 AM
greg duvall

isphius, where no truck has gone before huh? whats best for that? savage?

greg
Old 11-07-2003, 01:48 AM
michpittsman
My Feedback: (11)

Hands down the Oreck XL; wheels too small,you have to push it to make it go, it really SUCKS! ...It's not an MT? Whatever.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:42 AM
popa71

The Dirt Demon!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing can come close to this pile of Crap!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2003, 10:02 AM
kennebell50

Every truck does have weak points and always will, just some more than others.
-Tmaxx, Sportmaxx, E-maxx. All three total crap bumper to bumper. Don't say otherwise.
-Savage 21. Crap engine, hex hubs, etc. But the truck over all is tough as hell which is great.
-Ofna trucks. I've heard bad things about them and seen vids, they aren't to impressive.
-MGT. This truck looks like a Tmaxx on roids with better features, time will tell I won't judge it.
-EK4. I love this truck on vids, but things like its suspension prevent me from buying one.
-TC. SH*T. Its big as hell but underpowered and weak. No input from Casey on this either.
-Dirt Demon, XTM, etc. They all suck ass and always will.
Right now a hopped up Savage is the way to go, but the MGT may be a competitor. I've had had about 10 nitro R/Cs in the last 3 years and I'm firm in saying you get what you pay for and never buy something that just came out, let its bugs get worked out first. Any truck that has less than $400 into is going suck ass.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:29 AM
caseyddr

didn't i say that the TC had a weak as hell engine? lol read above, im not disagreeing That's the only downside of it! MGT has a weak ass engine also but you arent complaining about it.
Old 11-07-2003, 05:09 PM
j-maxx

we all know traxxas part r crap but when u upgrade it its a really stout truck
Old 11-07-2003, 05:38 PM
caseyddr

or you can buy an already stout truck... ie: terra crusher, savage, MGT, etc etc :O
Old 11-07-2003, 05:55 PM
rcblaze

I like the intent of this question. But really there is no best truck or bad truck. I have played with most of the ones on the market now and out the box none are really all that great. With out getting into what is wrong with each truck. Remember this is a hobby number one and the thing that brought me in was the abilty to make something your own creation. IMO the RTR craze is to bring the new guys in which is great and what we want to make the industry grow. But at the same time a thread like this has become the by-product. My point get the truck you like the most out the box and go for broke make it better, make parts what ever you want that's what the hobby is really about. Whats fun about going to the local parking lot and everyone has a savage with a picco .26. Yea you put alot of effort into that right. How many of you guys have put a kit together? Man I miss the good old days when your only choice was a kit. But at the same time love todays RC's b/c you have some many more options. And lastly my experience comes from a Monster Pirate which I converted to Dominator specs before the Dominator came out. I also have a Mad Force, Tmaxx .21, and Titan. Cars = Serpent 950, Ofna GTP, HPIRS4, and a TGX in the mail. I love building a Kit from the ground up and more of you should keep this in mind when you buy. You complain ah this sucks this breaks. Well in this hobby IMO the real Hobbiest build there truck to do what they want it to do. And as you get into the hobby you find that your always wasting your time with a RTR. If you want the best you build it that way before you even break it in. Just my 2 cents. Whew I'm done now next!!!
Old 11-07-2003, 06:12 PM
R/C car guy

some people think that i posted this thread to help me decide on what to buy, but i didn't. i posted it because i was bored so i thought i would give you guys something to talk about and maybe let out some steam from being frustrated by crappy monster trucks. i was also curiouse as to what other monster trucks are out there because you don't here much about the ones that are really bad.
Old 11-07-2003, 06:31 PM
studysession

bcash - I love how you ended: "NEXT"
Old 11-07-2003, 07:42 PM
tjmaxx

Caseyddr the MGT does not have a week engine I can guarantee that. I have seen one run in person and it has lifted the front tires. That is a huge truck so for it to almost lift the front tires alot that is impresive. In my opinion the mad force or the Terra Crusher is the Worst. the Mad force has a bad suspension. Terra Crusher has a weak as engine and just plane old sucks and I have seen both those trucks in person.
Old 11-07-2003, 08:48 PM
rcblaze

ORIGINAL: tjmaxx

Caseyddr the MGT does not have a week engine I can guarantee that. I have seen one run in person and it has lifted the front tires. That is a huge truck so for it to almost lift the front tires alot that is impresive. In my opinion the mad force or the Terra Crusher is the Worst. the Mad force has a bad suspension. Terra Crusher has a weak as engine and just plane old sucks and I have seen both those trucks in person.
Damn I hate flaming on the internet but I must defend one of my babies. The MADFORCE in no way is the worst truck out there by far. Weak suspension I won't even answer that one, for real just makes no sense to start that debate. And I'm not sure why so many people compare apples and oranges. Tmaxx, Terre Crusher, Mega Force and any thing small block is not in the same class as 1/8 scale big blocks Mad Force, Dominator. So if you think about it, raceing, bashing what ever all the 1/10 scales are right on par with each other. And so are the 1/8th scale's. The RC manufactures sure got that figured out. you got a 10th scale truck i got one. You got a 1/8 truck I got one. Come on XTm CEN both new to the scene from what I know but both have 8th scales coming while releasing 10th scales first.
Ok I thought I got over making these long post to say notihing. Ok it's time for my other vice basketball. LOL Have a good one. Next
Old 11-07-2003, 11:06 PM
j-maxx

ture but then again what would u call a big block t-maxx
Old 11-07-2003, 11:52 PM
TheMachine

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1/8th scale.... and a poor effort at it !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.