Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

CEN MT2 owners or haters

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 04:56 PM
Boogie_Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN MT2 owners or haters

OK… Here is the deal. I’m in the marker for a new Monster Truck. I’ve narrowed it down to the Cen MT2 or the Savage 25. I’ve already gotten a great review from one owner for the MT2. I want to here from other MT2 owners. What is your story on the track, how has your MT2 performed against other Monster Trucks. What problems have you encountered?

All positive and negative comments are welcome.
Thanks
Maxd
Old 11-12-2003, 05:33 PM
petrolpixie

Default RE: CEN MT2 owners or haters

just read my sig lol
Old 11-12-2003, 06:10 PM
nitromacguyver

hang on to that extra $150 and buy a desent radio to use with the MT2. i have one and i love it. the only problem that i have had with it is that it hates diff cups so buy a pair of replacements when you order the MT2. well thats just my opinion.

and before you run your truck, put some thread-loc on the set screws for the center drive shaft. my truck didn't like those either.
Old 11-13-2003, 06:47 AM
smitty70
My Feedback: (5)

I have the Cen MT2 and I wish I had spent the money on the savage. The Cen is a good truck but if you really want to get some "monster" air go with something with more suspention travel. Also if you break anything you will have to order and wait with the cen but everybody has savage and t-maxx stuff. The savage ss is on my Christmas wish list.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:06 AM
auto2

dif cups have a problem- shock mounts damage easy so protect them- get/make a roll cage------
ver easy to work on.

VERY LIGHT TRUCK- VERY FAST_ Great engine----hop up parts in the very near future.

depends on what you want. I have almost a gallon through mine and for under 100 bucks in spare parts it is still running perfect.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:27 AM
Pkvillager

I love my mt2 it handles the power of my picco 26 perfectly, but it is not even in the same class as a savage 25. If you want to race go with the mt2, if you mainly are going to bash get the savage.

The diff cups are the one of the only weak points in the car but they only break in hard crashes. I half expected to go through them like candy when I dropped the picco in but they dont even show signs of excess wear!

I wouldnt compare the mt2 and the savage too much the mt2 is true 1/10 scale truggy for racing/bashing and the savage is king of the bashing hill and closer to 1/8 scale.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:37 AM
Boogie_Man

Thanks guys. You are giving some great info on the MT2. The real decision is if I will be buying a Monster Truck for racing or bashing. I'll keep you posted.

Max