Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Engine size -

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 06:46 PM
studysession

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine size -

I just don't get it. Everyone thinks a bigger engine is always better and faster.

Then why is it at the track you can almost any .25 or .26 engine and use the same buggy with a .21 and beat the bigger engine everytime.

I called OFNA asking them what is big deal with these engines. They say the bigger engines are good for low end torque. Not top end speed. They say if you are looking at racing go with a 21. For acceleration and top end you can get more out of a good .21 than any of the .25's and .26's.

So tell me why does everyone make such a big deal out of these big engines? I think it is a way that they can suck more money out of us. Sell something that is bigger and cheaper and over all performance and life and sell it for more money. JMO
Old 11-20-2003, 08:04 PM
MrSavage

Default RE: Engine size -

i agree too. same thing goes for small blocks, trx 2.5 can out blow a lot of big block engines even though it's tiny! i mean i don't really like that engine but it's got great power. i think the cen genesis is just bs! .46!?!? why would you want somthing that large? all its gonna do is gussle nitro worse than a suburban gussles gas!
Old 11-20-2003, 08:07 PM
z style

i agree a .46 in a truck is jsut going to waste gas and prob wont go that fast but will have lots of torque i would rather have a .21 or a .25 for offroad.
Old 11-21-2003, 12:57 AM
ducati74868

Bigger engine means more weight, You do the math!! I am much happier with smaller engines. One thing a lot of people dont think about when it comes to speed is gearing! They always think bigger is better!