Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Good Tip?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 03:14 AM
Jarret

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Tip?

I was driving my maxx around today and decided to build a little jump for it. Well I decided to lay boards on top of the curb on the street and lay a board on top of them. After a couple of jumps off, I decided to go one more time. Well, if you haven't already guessed I missed the jump and slammed straight on into the curb.

After a couple of censored words, I headed over to find that the back 2 legs that come off of the motor mount had snapped.

After taking off the motor mount, my uncle came over and was looking at the truck.

He advised me that if I put small rubber washers in between the motor mount and the chassis that it would prevent the mount from breaking again, in the case that I decide to run into another curb.

Does anybody know if the washers would keep the motor mount from snapping?
Old 11-28-2003, 03:36 AM
ducati74868

Default RE: Good Tip?

Rubber washers would, becasue the rubber absorbs the shock of the impact! I know this becasue I have DONE IT. Did the exact same you did missed the jump and found myself in the curb at WOT, broke my motor mount, my dad gave me the idea of the rubber washer/spacer, put them on and missed the jump on purpose this time just to see if it worked and it did!!
Old 11-28-2003, 12:00 PM
Jarret

Ok, thanks.

Just wanted to make sure that it worked.

What size washers did you use buy the way?
Old 11-28-2003, 12:04 PM
Dr. Krass

my stock engine mount broke a while back, and I just got an aftermarket aluminium mount to replace it. They are cheap, and they seem to hold up better, as i've crashed my maxx hard several times and it's been fine. I would recommend getting an aluminum engine mount.
Old 11-28-2003, 12:19 PM
Jarret

Yeah but it is a lot cheaper to buy a cast motor mount and put washers under it, then buy a aluminum motor mount.

Plus if the aluminum bends you are screwed.
Old 11-29-2003, 12:15 AM
ducati74868

Jarret- Dr. Kass has got a good point. I put an aluminum mount on my wife's truck that I bought off of ebay for $7 USD shipped to my front door! I dont wanna put my wife down, but she is just getting started and not a very good driver. It hasn't broke or bent yet, oh and its also got rubber washers underneath it!