Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Is reverse gear really needed?

Old 12-04-2003, 07:28 PM
Mopzilla

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is reverse gear really needed?

I want to get a truck for bashing, and this question is for the bashers out there... Do you guys use the reverse gear on some of your trucks a lot? Is it a very nice luxury? Is it worth the extra money, weight, and channel?

Thanks!
Old 12-04-2003, 10:47 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is reverse gear really needed?

Reverse is a nice feature....but I wouldn't say it totally necessary. It also depends on how far away from you that you drive your rig. When I was driving my Tmaxx every once in awhile I would use the reverse...but more often than not....I was walking to the truck to tip it back over because it landed on it's top.

It depends on your outllok and if you feel that doing a little walking is a big deal or not.

Good luck!

CMO
Old 12-04-2003, 10:51 PM
Mopzilla

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I was asking because the question was to get the Savage with the 3ch radio and add the reverse, or just get the SS and use my own 2ch radio.

I think if I had a 3rd channel, I would just add a small gadget that pushes a rod up out of the top of the body to flip it back over, that would probably be more useful.

Thank you!
Old 12-04-2003, 10:52 PM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

For bashing......a reverse gear is very handy but if the truck your looking at doesn't come with one or a 3 channel radio....don't bother. If the truck that sounds good to you comes with one, get it.
Old 12-04-2003, 11:24 PM
Dr. Krass

I frequently will find that I don't use my reverse at all during any given run...but it is sooo nice not having to walk across a giant field/parkinglot cause your truck is stuck in a bush or against a wall. Just when your buddies see that your truck is stuck against something and you have to go walking over to it to help it out...HaZaA!...You Slam it into reverse, back out, and wheelie away laughing! Definatley useless if your just gonna race though cause most tracks will mock you if you use reverse during a race.
Old 12-05-2003, 06:55 PM
soulstealer

personally i dont use reverse 2 much cause if if have the power ill get through cept wen i run into a tree
Old 12-06-2003, 12:08 AM
frambo

I never used it when I had it.....took it out and now it seems like I am getting stuck all the time and it would be handy to have! I really don't miss it nor do I miss the weight it added to my T-maxx.
Old 12-06-2003, 01:23 AM
FoxRacing500r-delete
Banned

Mop I would highly recomend it.My T maxx was awsome,and there realy is no difference in weight unles you race.For bashing hell yeah I recomend it,as you realy will be walking all over hell and creation turning the car around.If you are a young kid nevermind but if your older I think it will be better.
Old 12-06-2003, 03:26 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

i was gonna put it on my savage too but ive had a terra crusher which has reverse but i think ionly used it less than 10 times
Old 12-06-2003, 05:55 PM
studysession

I did a forward only conversion. My wife liked having the reverse, but was pain to always set back up and tune for it to work after taking it apart and fixing on it. So I took it out.
Old 12-07-2003, 12:09 AM
mecky33

Reverse is a rich mans toy. its not much more work to walk over to your truck and push it away from the tree, rock, curb, random neighbors leg....
Old 12-07-2003, 12:29 AM
RCgangsta

before i buy my savage with the reverse addon i was wondering what servo u whould recomend for it. I assume i can buy a cheap one.
Old 12-07-2003, 12:39 AM
G1GY

ORIGINAL: RCgangsta

before i buy my savage with the reverse addon i was wondering what servo u whould recomend for it. I assume i can buy a cheap one.
I just put the reverse in my Savage 25 today. Here's what I done.

Replaced the steering servo for a high torque(133 0z.), put the stock steering servo in the throttle/brake spot (Better brakes), and I used the stock throttle/brake servo for the reverse module.(Channel 3.)

Works great!
Old 12-12-2003, 10:35 PM
Bush Wacker

What ever floats your boat.
Old 12-13-2003, 12:49 AM
Goku
My Feedback: (3)

I'm a novice driver and use my Tmaxx primarily for bashing... it does NOT have reverse....
If I was into racing.. I think my current setup would be awesome,...however, after I come into a little extra cash I'm gonna put the reverse back on it--- I've really needed it quite a bit.

If you are going to use it for bashing and you have a choice, then I would say get the reverse.
Old 12-13-2003, 12:52 AM
Goku
My Feedback: (3)

I would also think that if you are using the MT for bashing, then the extra weight shouldn't be too big of an issue- especially if you have a decent engine for power.