RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Persuading...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 04:33 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Persuading...

Ok I need some ideas to persuade my parents in getting me a CEN MT-2

I need some quick because x-mass s in 7 days.
Old 12-18-2003, 06:07 PM
studysession

Default RE: Persuading...

With calculating gears ratio's it will help improve my grade in math, also help me with scientific engineering for science class. When I hit stuff, like little squirrels in the park I can improve my grade in Biology by disecting the bits and bringing them to school for show and tell.

Running after the truck when it flips, will help me get in better shape for gym class.

ROFLPIMP
Old 12-18-2003, 06:17 PM
Addicted to Nitro

lol...that is really good...lol
Old 12-18-2003, 06:22 PM
studysession

I couldnt resist. There are lots of goofy reasons to come up with but not to many real reason for a have to in RC.
Old 12-18-2003, 06:24 PM
crzy-svg-usr

also say it will teach u for when u get a car (if u dont) on hwo to maintain it in a simpler waya nd better suite u for life and how to repair common electrical and mechanical problems and notto mention give u a great hobby
Old 12-18-2003, 07:34 PM
mecky33

Um, its better than drug rehab, and cheaper. Really though, it is a life long hobby. It will teach you about car maintenance and repair. you will have a whole new respect for machinery. Its something your parents can get active in as well then its a family thing. It may seem like big investment to start with, but you are getting something that will last for years and it will give you something to do other than watch TV and play video games. Oh and one big important thing, its one more thing they can ground you from. Tell them they could use it as incentive to keep your grades up in school, and to keep your chores done around the house. You could also offer to pay them back for part of the cost by doing extra things around the house. That will show them you are both serious and willing to take on responsabilities to get what you want. Just some Ideas for ya. Good luck, we are all pulling for you.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:37 PM
MrSavage

lol that was good study...
Old 12-18-2003, 09:13 PM
flatlander_14

i did something similar last summer whne trying to convince my parents to get a tmaxx(biggest mistake ever). i told them it would help me learn responsibility and car maintainance when i get a real car(i am waiting til out of college if possible, car insurance is insane... also more money for the fun stuff in life... NITRO!), and i could get weinerdog in shape by chasing him around the back yard(wow he runs fast). it worked, but now that i have sunk $2000+ total into the maxx to keep it running(only since like august! grr), they are very reluctant to let me sell it and buy a buggy. ive strucka deal with them but i went to hell and back to convince them the buggy wouldnt be an ongoing expense like the tmaxx was. only engine/radio gear should need to be changed for the most part and im limited to spending only $30 of my paycheck per week and rest goes into the bank.

if all else fails, suck up to them... then bisect a squirrel to show them that a nitro truck would make it so much easier.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:22 PM
MrSavage

hahaha lol i liked the squirrel part...
Old 12-18-2003, 09:24 PM
flatlander_14

$20 says that PETA will be all over me within the next week...
Old 12-19-2003, 10:52 PM
Homebrewer
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe you can pursuade them to allow you to get a part time job so you can earn the money to buy one for youself. You'll appreciate things in life more when you work hard to obtain them instead of the other alternative.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:55 AM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

say it will prevent you from hanging out with bad people or doing drugs and drinking. Also you wont be sitting around the house all day. I was lucky when i was a kid, my uncle was so into it he wanted me to ask him for one. All i did was cut his grass the whole summer and i got a rtr monster pirate(he made it rtr).