Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Christmas !!!! (Off season)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 05:09 PM
popa71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Christmas !!!! (Off season)

Well gentleman with Christmas coming we have a whole new season of racing and back yard bashing !! All the new trucks out on the market. I'm sure a lot of younger guys who normally cant persuade your parents to buy such expensive trucks will be seeing them under the tree. This is a great time.

I have only been able to run my Mammoth 3 times since I purchased it in Late November. But as usual I will use this down time to do some customizing. I know a lot of you must be doing the same during the off season. I'm thinking of the heavy duty shock towers , aluminum hubs, the 14mm conversion for the Maxx wheels, Proline 40 series with some road rage tires and an extended f350 body. I already have an FM hitec radio on the way. I am pretty sure with all the Mammoths, MGTs and Savage 25s that are currently being sold the rest of you guys must be in lab planning your Hop ups. Anyone working on some new projects?????
Old 12-18-2003, 06:04 PM
remten2001

Default RE: Christmas !!!! (Off season)

Well i am planning to buy a new savage .25 rtr very shortly...So before i run it i will take it most of it all apart...and redoo both front and rear diffs and add some spider gears to the diffs and add some diff oil...the rotor start will be taken off and a pullstarter install instead...I prefer having a pull start cause you don't have to carry another gadget around with you when u go bashing....and i will be looking around on ebay for some team blue star aluminum savage shock towers....for my driving i need them cause with the stock one one big jump and the shock towers flex and makes a nice hole in your fuel tank...also will be replacing the steering servo and servo saver for better ones.....and adding 6volt hump pack with a new switch harness with a charger jack on it so i don't have to open that radio box all the time cause on the savage its a pain in the *****....and i think the last mod will be to the transmitter wich i will add a futaba charge jack unit on the circuit board of the transsmitter this allows me to plug a 9.6 volt charger and charge nicads battery in the transmitter...Thats about it i think....oh and change the air filter to a better one....So i don't know i wrote all this and starting to think it will require a lot of things to have it to my liking but thats how i like the savage....I might buy a mgt first but still debating...
Old 12-18-2003, 06:25 PM
studysession

That roto start saves the hand. I was frustrated carrying my starter box/batteries etc etc -- then got a pull start motor - then got frustrated with it - then got the roto start. Thats a dream to use.
Old 12-18-2003, 08:06 PM
Dr. Krass

I am looking forward to a winter of t-maxx insanity in chicago with my new chains and perhaps a plow, and in the spring I plan to buy an RS4 3 SS kit.
Old 12-18-2003, 08:43 PM
ThermalRD

Well, its funny you should mention that popa. The horrible weather in michigan has brought my break-in process to a skreaching halt. Soo, heres what i've done so far...Well, i added the JR Digital Ultra torque servo for steering (excellent servo), and decided to seal up the motor as well. I also ordered the Nova RC aluminum clutch shoes, and that reminds me, i needed to buy springs for them today. Bummer, i'll get them tomorrow then. Then today i was bored out of my mind, til the ups guy came. Deliverd my new Red tribal flames body for the MGT. So i popped some dubro clip retainers in it, a few stickers and she was all pretty. This evening i took the truck apart, and added diff fluid to both diffs. Now im bored again. Oh, and in between that, i ordered the RS300 JR synthesized receiver so i could use my nice radio with the MGT. Hopefully the receiver and new switch will be here early next week. I imagine i'll end up adding the JR ultra speed servo to the throttle, and put a standard JR servo on the forward reverse. Im sure i'll spend most of the miserable winter days inside playing with the airbrush, and adding miscellaneous hop-ups to my 2 trucks, and my sons maxx. Thats about it for me!

Matt
Old 12-18-2003, 10:24 PM
popa71

Hey Thermal, could you post a picture of that body. I need something for my Mammoth. The stock body that came with it is really not my style. Im looking for something a little more intimidating.

Sounds like we will all be dumping the pay checks into the hobby shops this winter. In March we can do a follow up post and show some before and after shots of the vehicles we have. Good luck guys!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2003, 11:00 PM
ThermalRD

Sure thin popa! Here ya go.

Old 12-18-2003, 11:06 PM
popa71

Thats more like it!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2003, 07:42 AM
SH ByA

Like you Popa I had to stop the breakin on the Mammoth. I have only had it running twice, and have the breakin completed but still need to work on the fine tuneing. So the customization has begun. I have to start to painting on my new Mammoth body. I have to install my Venom Speed meter on the Mammoth so I can see just how fast this thing gets to going. I Already have the Nicad reciever pack with the charger installed on both it and the Savage (so I dont have to get into the battery box) Need to get the Failsafe's installed on both trucks. Need to upgrade the Mammoth to the FM transmitter. And I am also currently looking for a new set of rims for the Mammoth. I will be upgrading the Shock Towers and Shocks on the Mammoth. I'm going to try to get the other set of gears for the Mammoth, as well as a set of Aluminum lower controle arms and Skid plates. I also need to get a bunch of balloons for all the servos. I want both it and the Savage to be as waterproof as possible. I need to get as much done on it before the Genesis comes out, because I'm thinking of getting one, but I'm not sure. So it looks like the LHS will be getting a lot of business and money from me. But I want everything ready for the first thaw so I can hit the mud and play.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:09 AM
popa71

I saw that Venom speed meter in RCA. I wouldnt mind having one myself. I wll also be adding rechargables in my car.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:36 AM
wishtoHB

The Mammoth was clocked at 52+ and is on the cover of R/C car action for the Feb 04 issue.

75 here yesterday T-shirt and jeans, made about 40 laps at the park with the Monster Buggy.

Someone named Carl at Extreme Hobbies is looking at making a sprint car wing for my MB.

Sunday, parking lot race at HobbyTown at 2:00- racing my T3. The temp is plummeting to a forecast 71.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:03 AM
popa71

Just ordered the 14 mm conversion kit from Hobby people. After Christmas Ill be getting some Pro-lones
Old 12-19-2003, 10:28 AM
SH ByA

Poppa let me know how that kit works. I have the guy at Ramtech-rc.com working on making a set of aluminum rims for the Mammoth. We'll see how it goes. As for the VSM (I got mine for $45, I'm giving 2 away to friends for X-mass, It'll be fun), I know that the Mammoth was clocked at 52mph in the mag. But I want to see what mine is doing. I dont care about anyone elses, I want to know how fast mine is going to go. As well as I want the other set of gears to make it go faster. I wanna see what this thing can do.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:47 AM
popa71

The other set of gears are they for more top end or low end?
Old 12-19-2003, 11:22 AM
SH ByA

The new gears are for more top end. So with them this shoulf realy move, I'm just concerned about what will happen to the low end.