Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

What is faster, stock nitro stampede or stock nitro savage 25?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

What is faster, stock nitro stampede or stock nitro savage 25?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 05:26 PM
joe123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is faster, stock nitro stampede or stock nitro savage 25?

Just want to know which is straight out faster, I know the savage is bigger stronger and probably better, but the stampede is smaller and probably better at hills and stuff. Which is faster on flat ground? Thanks.
Old 12-29-2003, 07:49 PM
whacko4

Default RE: What is faster, stock nitro stampede or stock nitro savage 25?

actually the savage is better for climbing, speed, and acceleration. my stampede has the pro 15 and it's only 2 wheel drive, a savage 21 beats it at everything. but I'm just a newbie so what do I know?
Old 12-29-2003, 08:30 PM
joe123

haha alright thanks. So am I. I was driving a nitro stampede, and i want to get a savage 25. So if your savage 21 beats the stampede at everything, im thinking the savage 25 should do just fine. Thanks.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:15 PM
elway358

post deleted
Old 12-29-2003, 11:52 PM
joe123

good one
Old 12-30-2003, 03:00 AM
whacko4

yeah, thats what I thought, the two trucks aren't even comparible. sorry joe but I laughed my @$$ off when I saw that post.
Old 12-30-2003, 02:44 PM
joe123

lol alright. Someone else had said they thought the stampede might be faster, cause it is a smaller car (but with a smaller engine). Reason is i have only driven a nitro stampede before, and I thought it was pretty damn fast, just wanted something to compare my future savage 25's speed with. Thank.s.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:40 PM
supernova803

It depends on what surface you'r running on. Asphalt-SAVAGE,Dirt-SAVAGE,Hills-SAVAGE,Grass-SAVAGE,Slippery Surfaces-SAVAGE. I know this was a close one-lol- but after a couple of hours of thinking I got my answers.
Old 12-30-2003, 08:45 PM
diirtbag
My Feedback: (3)

my extended stampede killed all savage and tmaxxes at a hill climbing comp. I have seen a savage fold its chassis braces and bend its shocks trying to jump as big as my stampede
Old 12-31-2003, 12:36 PM
elway358

LMFAO!!! Stampede aint gonna kill a Savage or Maxx at any kinda competition. Sorry bud, that's just the way it is.
Old 12-31-2003, 12:39 PM
Nitroaddict

From what I have seen, the stampede seems to be as quick, if not quicker than the tmaxx. The thing kept up with my 8th scale buggy for a while. I was impressed.
Old 12-31-2003, 01:15 PM
elway358

Do what?!? Where did the buggy come from? Was it the one from Toys 'r Us? Sorry to be such a smartass, but give me a break! Not saying that the Pede isn't a good rc, but it is in no way near the same league as the Savage, T Maxx or any 8th scale buggy.
Old 12-31-2003, 01:58 PM
diirtbag

hey elway what I said was not my opinion that is a fact I have video footage of the savage folding on the same jump my stampede did over and over and the hill climbing is a fact at a reginaol race in quesnel bc in the fall my stampede took home the hill climbing trophy I did not run my savage because the stampede will smoke it on a hill as well as the .21 maxx that couldnt touch it .that is a fact you can say what you want but you only say that because you dont know here is a pic of my savage stampede and sirio powered maxx btw I am not dumping on the savage I love mine its awesome but facts are facts
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70413.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	86539   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw73062.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	86540   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj24086.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	86541  
Old 12-31-2003, 02:49 PM
elway358

Maybe you don't wanna drive your Sav cause it weighs as much as a cement block?? I can post plenty of little pretty pics of my .26 Sav and 24.7 pro Maxx, thats not the point. I'm glad you like your Stampede, and it does look like a good little MT, but it is absolutely foolish to compare a Stampede to a Savage in any circumstance. The properly setup and driven Savage will win hands down everytime. That's a big fat fact.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:05 PM
Nitroaddict

elway, i was in no way insinuating that the stampede was better than my buggies. it did, however, keep up with one of them in a straight line. and, no - this buggy was not a walmart special, it was a gs storm pro with an RZ(VO1B) in it.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:06 PM
mike1288
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: What is faster, stock nitro stampede or stock nitro <span class=

Was this going up a hill fast or slow? Anything will make it up a hill from a running start. Try crawling up the hill with your stampede. I would beleave hearing a stampede could beat a savage in a straight line on pavement, But not on Dirt and Definately not up a Hill(Without a running start). I have a Savage and a Traxxas Rustler 15 TRX. And I would say the Rustler is just as fast as the savage on the street. But take it out into the dirt and it is a different story.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:09 PM
Nitroaddict

mike - i am sure that is true. however, the original question was is the stampede faster in a straight line than a savage 25. Although i am not sure, since i havnt seen both in a drag race, i do know that the stampede is very quick, and wouldnt be surprised if it beat the savage, since it could keep up with my buggy. that is all.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:48 PM
Unstable

my guess is that the pede will leave the savage off the line... but I think the savage will catch it down the road when the 2 speed kicks in.

also the pede has the advantage in the corners because of weight. the savage has alot of mass to drag around the corners. but again this is only speculation due to me not haveing both of these trucks.
Old 12-31-2003, 04:04 PM
joe123

yeah, thats what i thought also. The stampede seems to be very quick to accelerate and stuff, but the larger enginge of the savage would i think make it a little more slower off the line, but a faster top speed in the end. When i get my savage rtr 25 (not quite sure when) ill definitely race it against the stock stampede, and let you know what happens. Is there anyone out there then has both cars and has raced them???
Old 12-31-2003, 04:24 PM
diirtbag

this all happened before I built my savage and my friends stock savage with .26 picco is the one that bent and couldnt keep up look up the statistics for northern bc races and you will see the winner in hill climbing was the stampede you can state youre opinion but like I said it is because you dont know the facts how come a savage didnt win the hill climb because it couldnt out climb my stampede if you notice I am not stating my opinion I am stating facts that the people I drive with could back up as well as haveing it all documented on video facts are facts and opinions are fun to listen to right now I am trying to build another .21 tmaxx that will beat the stampede it is not as easy as it sounds btw my satampede hardly has a stock part on it what makes it able to handle all of the power is the extended chassis it blows everyones mind that sees it run because most people think the same as elway I will have to fiqure out how to post this video because like I say the facts are a little more solid than somones opinion especially someone that dosent realize what a stampede can do
Old 12-31-2003, 04:36 PM
Haldir

I have a Nitro Stampede, and my T-Maxx hardly ever gets run anymore. I can say this much about the Stampede it can easily climb a gravel hill that has a 60-70 degree incline. Bring on the Savage.
Old 12-31-2003, 05:23 PM
elway358

ORIGINAL: Nitroaddict

please try to refrain from being rude and obnoxious in the forums, thank you.
Rude and obnoxious is in the eye of the beholder dude. I know plenty people feel that you are both rude and obnoxious as well, but you haven't changed your ways either[X(]. I just say what most people in their right mind feel about some thread like this.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:37 PM
kirk89

im not sure if these are true facts, so don kill me if im wrong, but
stampede 32-35mph
maxx 45mph
and the 25 savaage stays w/ the maxx