Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

I want to get the most life outa my truck so.....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

I want to get the most life outa my truck so.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 08:51 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to get the most life outa my truck so.....

Ok. I have been dumping money all over the world for my CEN MT-2 so, I want to get the most life out of it as possable (cant spell).

So I was thinking of putting a cooling fan on the truck. Where can I find one or how can I make one.

P.S. What are some other features that will dramaticly increes the life of my truck?
Old 01-10-2004, 09:01 PM
rcmtdriver2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I want to get the most life outa my truck so.....

I've seen people putting fans from computers hooked up to 9v batteries and a switch over the head drawing heat from the cooling head. I don't know if the fans put out enough wind to cool but they do draw heat from a cooling head. They can be bought from radio shack. Most electronic type of mods, the materials can be bought from there. After a hard run or after you're done running for the day spend some time tightening some screws, use the after run oil,
a paint brush is good for cleaning the cooling head and chassis. I use q-tips around the glow plug area before i remove it to keep dirt from going into the motor when I add after run. I'am not saying clean it to the point of making it brand new though either. About once every 3 months I take out my electronics and pull the motor,I take off the tires and put it in the tub with some dishsoap. I dry it out and put oil where it needs to be to keep the rust from eating the screws. Clean it, keep it oiled, always use fresh batteries, if you hear something that isn't normal stop the truck and check it out. I hope this helped some how.
Old 01-10-2004, 10:06 PM
TheMachine

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: I want to get the most life outa my truck so.....

The cooling fan idear sounds like a good one....but it doesn`t really help much !, I`ve tried it and the benefits are minimal, theres also some concern about it not letting the engine cycle heat like its designed too, cutting cooling holes/ducts in the body is a much better method of gaining airflow/cooling.

This is my setup for running in 35-40 degree C(~85-100F!!!) wheather.

Air inlets which are directed at the engine

...and the outlet, which IS more important than the inlet !!!

Truck !

The best advice for longevity of your trucks is to use a good fuel, keep the fuel fresh, tune well(consult a temp gun when it doubt...but don`t tune by it ! ) and do regular maint on your truck, keep it clean and always check for loose screws, proper gear mesh, overheating(engine and clutch), and leaks(exhaust and fuel system) after every run. Discovering a problem or wear situation before it becomes a failure can save you a lot of money in replacing asociated parts.

TM