Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Anyone been to extreme hobbies in the GTA

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Anyone been to extreme hobbies in the GTA

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 09:28 PM
yt35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone been to extreme hobbies in the GTA

Hey Guys,

Has anyone been to Extreme hobbies?? I beleive it is in Vaughn. I was just wondering if their indoor track is worth going to.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:31 AM
In2JeepN

Default RE: Anyone been to extreme hobbies in the GTA

My LHS (Pickering Hobbies) told me that the guy was building one, but we havent heard any more about it...supposedly he ran into $$$ problems because of the ventilation system. Anyways, the owner of PH said he went up there one day and says that when it's finished, it'll be a pretty small track (1/10th scale) so he is selling his 1/8th Ofna buggy & buying a mini-T (that's like going from a Porshe to a Camry if you ask me but...) That was about a month-n-a-half ago, and I havent heard anymore yet - I will let you know if I do tho, or you can give me the skinny if u actually go there!
Old 03-07-2004, 03:15 AM
In2JeepN

Hey yt! I am a little pissed at them....we called tonight to Extreme @ about 5pm and asked what time they were open till, and we were told midnight....so we drove from Pickering, took 45 minutes, got there about 8:00 and the buggers were closed! We are planning a trip back there next weekend, so I will let you know what we find.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:02 AM
Savage_Dias

Hopefully an OPEN sign. [sm=tongue.gif]
Old 03-29-2004, 08:34 PM
Spudnik

can i please get their phone number for that store cause i want to watch a race there.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:01 PM
Andy B

I was there when they first opened. Nothing was running the day I looked in but the place looked a little small for 1/8 nitro unless you want to chug around with perhaps two quick shots of throttle or if you enjoy bouncing off walls. Also they had not yet installed any exhaust system. Shame real estate is so expensive because the city needs a good indoor nitro track.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:40 PM
Spudnik

i heard that there is an out door track from a guy as pinnacle hobbies but not sure wherre
Old 03-31-2004, 10:49 PM
nickd

I live In burlington
any one know the closest track to me
Off road
and mabie on road as I am getting one soon
also what do you guys race
I have 2 1/10 2wd buggies
Nick

also for extreme hobbies does anyone know the website or phone number anything?
Old 04-01-2004, 07:30 PM
In2JeepN

Yeah Andy 4 of us went up there one rainy day to bash around (3 Savage SS's & a TMaxx) and the track was just way too small to handle the monster trucks...the 1/8th buggies werent doing too bad because they have a decent turning radius, but the trucks almost had to stop to make the corners. We arent going to waste our money again. A couple of us smoked the wall and broke some parts, but it's nothing that we arent used to anyways so We have a large outdoor track here in Pickering, with a huge jump (not really part of the track) for tricks n stuff...you can get about 12ft off the big jump, not quite enough for double-backflips yet so we're gonna have to make it bigger...I will try to post some video soon, but lemme know if anyone in the area wants to come out sometime, we will be heading up there again this weekend for sure.