Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Got a CEN MT2

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 02:34 AM
primopyro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a CEN MT2

Got it for my birthday got it outa the box and it started on the second pull after prime... and thats when it all began

GOt the engine puring and breaking it at idle.... grabbed the control and attempted to give it a bit of throttle... nothing.. ended up throttle servo was bad... so i went to local hobby shop where it was purchased and they replaced it for free... ok kool i thought

got it home fired it back up noticed chared black and shiny peices of metal coming out of the exhaust.... whoopie .... shutit down and picked it up and a crap load of oil and unburned nitro spilled all over my pants from the pipe.... hooray...

cleaned it all off went back out kinda mad ,let the 3rd total tank of gas run through it no more metal or nothing .. ok good... test the steering and brakes... brakes dont work at all.... servo doesnt even come close to having enough power... yay..... endless tweeking and still nothing run another tank through it and it notive hey its running really frekin hot and its smokeing alot .... richend it to compensate in the middle of the tank....

refueled and took it to driveway radio was malfunctioning( like not working hardly at all unless when i was like 1 foot away from the car) right when it started working sorta again the engine started smoking ( oil was littlerally dripping out of the exhaust so i know it was rich enough mix)and the steering servo stripped on like the second turn the car made....... well great... took it back to the LHS where my parents got it for me and they said sorry sense you turned it one we cant take it back or anything ... omg!! nothing works on it and im stuck..

called cen they were amazed that so much went wrong but i think they didnt beleive me.... i droped it off at cen which was about 10 feet from my house haha i took a look at the genisis which was sitting on the table right next to me and they told me thyd call me in 1-2 days....

i called em today and they hadent even looked at it yet.. im kinda upset about this.. i hope they replace the entire car .. i dont really wanna see that same thing again .... ever again ....

i hopen i get news tommarow morning/afternoon.....i was really anxious to start driving a monster truck but i dont have good luck these days.. :-/ eh well sorry i had to let some one know
Old 02-04-2004, 06:50 AM
Element

Default RE: Got a CEN MT2

That sucks

No one has had any problems with the engine or throttle servo that I know of.
Hope he luck turns around for you.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:58 AM
mecky33

As of yet, I have not heard of throttle servo problems or engine problems. I have however heard of problems with the transmitter. If you go back to Cen, talk to Sean. He is a great guy and should help you make sure you are getting the most out of your truck. Also, you said it was really hot and smoking a lot. How hot was it? that engine can run up to two eighty and still be in normal operating range. Oil and fuel coming out of the exhaust is also normal, that happens when you are breaking it in. You should not have richened the mixture unless you couldn't get it to idle. Also, the servo the hobby shop gave you sounds like it is the wrong servo for the job. and that is no fault of Cen. Cen will look at the truck, and they will give you an answer about what is wrong with it. I know this because of all of the help they have given me. If you don't believe me just go talk to sean about my truck. Good luck with it, and let me know how things go with your truck.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:04 AM
Smokinjoe6450
My Feedback: (6)

WOW!! That stinks.......never heard of any problems like that before.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:25 AM
primopyro

well the servo the hobby shop put in was a cen servo with the same part number as the one that was in there so i assume it should do the job and as how hot the engine was i did the drop of water test and it like exploded off the engine... so i took a an eye dropper and squirted the water on and it sounded like dumping eggs in a red hot frying pan (yes i could hear it over the sound of the engine)

cen opens in 30 min im debating on whether to call them right away heh
Old 02-04-2004, 11:42 AM
monsterGT

man that sucks when i got my mt2 it worked well but the radio sux but i hope u have better luck man
Old 02-04-2004, 11:58 AM
mecky33

primo, You may want to have Cen take a look at the receiver. It sounds like the receiver may not be controlling the servo correctly. Also, the test is a spit test, not a water test. water boils at 212 degrees. a nitro engine runs 220 to 280 so water will boil off immediately regardless of whether the temp is correct. So I would suggest using spit, or buying a venom onboard temp meter. Infra-red temp guns are not nearly as consistent in my experience. My other question to you is how did you strip the steering servo while you were breaking it in? There is a servo saver built in to the steering on the truck so something must have been bound up. Also, have you completely read the manual for you engine? and do you completely understand breakin and tuning procedures? Based on some of the things you said you did, it makes me wonder.

Monster, are you having run away issues with the stock radio or just limited operational distance? If either, call Cen and tell them the radio is not working correctly and they will help you out.
Old 02-04-2004, 12:28 PM
primopyro

ORIGINAL: mecky33

primo, You may want to have Cen take a look at the receiver. It sounds like the receiver may not be controlling the servo correctly. Also, the test is a spit test, not a water test. water boils at 212 degrees. a nitro engine runs 220 to 280 so water will boil off immediately regardless of whether the temp is correct. So I would suggest using spit, or buying a venom onboard temp meter. Infra-red temp guns are not nearly as consistent in my experience. My other question to you is how did you strip the steering servo while you were breaking it in? There is a servo saver built in to the steering on the truck so something must have been bound up. Also, have you completely read the manual for you engine? and do you completely understand breakin and tuning procedures? Based on some of the things you said you did, it makes me wonder.

Monster, are you having run away issues with the stock radio or just limited operational distance? If either, call Cen and tell them the radio is not working correctly and they will help you out.

like i said the steering servo stripped on a turn in my driveway during my 5-6th tank of gas going about 10 mph as i was trying to heat up the engine to run it through some tempeture cycles (still in the break in process)

in my manual it said to either spit on the engine or put a drop of water on it.... so i opted for the water.... but yes it totally makes sense that it would boil off really fast but i trusted the manual but now i see other people are thinking the same thing, but in my head i was thinking spit is very similar to water and prolly has a similar boilding point....BUT im an now convinced...

CEN is looking at all parts of my car ...the radio is really messed up and its REALLY touchy so yes somehting went wrong there....

Im NOT really a begginer to this nitro sport this is my 3rd! nitro car and i have had ZERO problems like this with the other two. But mechy33 thanks for the input not that anyone is probally interested but ill update this thread throughout the day as i talk to CEN
Old 02-04-2004, 02:06 PM
mecky33

primo, just to let you know, I was not trying to say you where inexperienced with nitro. I have just run into a lot of user error when talking to people about problems with their truck, and your problems could have stemmed from inexperience. I am very surprized about the steering servo, but this is a good time to upgrade to a futaba metal geared servo or something similar. I am interested in how Cen handles this and what the outcome is. I am very confident that they will correct everything for you.