Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

I REALLY NEED HELP OFNA DOMINATOR

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

I REALLY NEED HELP OFNA DOMINATOR

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 02:34 AM
HKS_fury

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I REALLY NEED HELP OFNA DOMINATOR

Can anybody help me and give me some tips if I should get a tmaxx or a ofna dominator? I am needing the specs of the Dominator thanks a lot
Old 02-08-2004, 05:40 AM
Sigmun

Default RE: I REALLY NEED HELP OFNA DOMINATOR

Hi there, i have a dom.
The dom as far as my experience go is very tough and durable. So far the engine's been very reliable it'll always start easy after breaking in and with the correct settings. Mine sat for 2 months and i started it up without adjusting the needles, and with the one way slipping lol.

As far as handling goes it's top notch because of the buggy platform, never flips. I went over rough things and it scratched up the chassis pretty bad, but who cares hahaha as long as ur having fun.
I bought mine and it came with a 2 speed. I reckon it goes about 70kph? Roughly i think 45mph or more....but im not too sure cuz i don't have a gun or what, but it's quite scary fast. Acceleration is very good. It will get to top speed in roughly....5 secs. However the exhaust slips out very easily cuz it's just tapered to the silicon coupler, when it heats up and expands it comes out. It happened to mine but may not happen to yours.

What else do you need?
Old 02-08-2004, 08:42 AM
motionmachine

The T-Maxx is a bashing truck. Great to learn the "basics" on, such as tuning, set up, driving and maint. Its RTR and doesn't require any other accessories like starter box's or glow ignitors. It has racing capabilities, but the foundamental design of the truck (HCG) is a handycap. Hop ups are plentiful and most LHS stock Maxx parts.

The Dominator is a full blown race truck. Unless your completely confident in your mechanical and driving abilities, I wouldn't reccommend it for a newb. Buying Dom replacement and/or hop ups parts usually mean Order and Wait.

Everyone breaks things, so wiegh the availability of parts in your decission, its no fun waiting for parts.

Either way, a newb should plan on adding some upgrades, how many depends on how wreckless you drive it.

Durability and Driving are DIRECTLY link'd, bad driver= busted parts, regardless of what RC you choose. Good Luck
Old 02-08-2004, 09:37 PM
SMaxxnit

I agree with the guys here. The Maxx is definitely set up for bashing. I have a Sport (not a T) Maxx. Only real difference is the tranny and 4wd. You may here people saying the Maxx breaks parts a lot. The only thing I messed up on mine so far is the spur gear. Didn't do enough reading when I was installing the 2 speed tranny. I've made plenty of jumps, smacked tree stumps, flipped over almost endlessly and driven through puddles of water 3-4" deep(Not on purpose might I add). I can't really speak for the Dom because I have no experience with it ( I like the truck though).

If the Dom comes with a 2peed I would definitely go for it. I don't know what it is about that truck but it has a soft spot in my heart.......OK enough with the mushy stuff. The only reason I hesitated getting a Dom is the cost of the 2 spd module. Just getting into the hobby and everything I didn't want to break the bank! Or shall I say the wife wouldn't allow me.

I finally have my suspension set up so that it doesn't flip over a lot. It really takes some time tweaking it to your driving style.

You can find mods for the Maxx almost instantly. If you get the Dom, you lose out a little on the convenience factor as far as spare parts go.

I was in your shoes about 8 months ago. I know what you're going through. No matter what you get, you're gonna have fun. IT"S A Monster TRUCK!!!
Old 02-09-2004, 03:28 AM
Sigmun

What i found out strange was the dominator was ALOT cheaper here. I got it RTR with the radio(it's supposedly a rebadged futaba), basic one, and the two speed. It was only $690 here which is about $400 US, so it's a great deal.
I actually wanted something like the savage cuz of the GC since i only bash and the durability but it's $300 more, too much for me. The dom's durable too but just not built for rough terrain.
Old 02-09-2004, 07:44 AM
rcblaze

Get a Dominator and you will have no regrets. Thanks for playing