Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Savage 25 Needle Help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 02:04 AM
siriosavager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage 25 Needle Help.

Does anyone know the exact needle turns for the Savage-25 to be able to kick into second gear. My savage works great except when I get the fuel rich it has a powerdown problem it wont slow down sometimes. Anyway I would just like the needle turns for the Savage 25. I tried running it lean but it would stall and i tried running it rich but it would not stop. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix both problems?[>:][>:]
Old 03-06-2004, 12:49 AM
tmaxkilla
Banned

Default RE: Savage 25 Needle Help.

are you adjusting the high speed needle or the low one ? for starters out with the stock plug in your truck in with the mccoy #8 or the os #3 then try playing with the needles the stock glow plug is a joke now with the needle if you set the idle to rich it would boggle and not go any where you can forget about the second gear what i would do is set the both needles to the right turns and always turn it 1/8 but set it a bit more rich then lean never hurts then i would adjust the tranny .like you said if its shifting to late you can adjust to shift a bit sooner try that and if that help you can always get these upgrades then you wont have a problem you wont even keep the tires on the floor wish you the best
Old 03-06-2004, 12:51 AM
tmaxkilla
Banned

i forgot to tell you the turns keep them 4 turns open from the closed that means after you close them open 4 clicks and then take it from there you can play around with it then
Old 03-07-2004, 04:04 AM
siriosavager

Thanks man it turns out it needs to be at 4 1/2 turns out to start and it runs peak performance at 2 and a half.