Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Smartech Magic Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 05:14 PM
rcxm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Smartech Magic Wheel

i got smart tech 08341 series parts from ebay.

search ebay keyword: 08341

you will find smartech parts for all 08341 series

good deal , 2 day for shipping
Old 01-01-2005, 11:34 AM
randymxer65

Hey, I just got the same R/C from my Snap-on dealer, of coures I bought mine, had to have..... Its the first time hearing of this brand. I've only ran one full tank, Its seems to be put together well. Body is not rugged, rolled it and cracked it and pulled through the hold down pins. (set that body aside for looks and put a real lexan body on...
Everything you have mention is what I found out mine is doing. notice first about the rich condition of fuel coming from exhaust, I adjusted the Mixure screw in about half a turn (so its approx. 2 full turn out from bottom), this reduced some of that problem. The little screw you mentioned is I think a base Idle adjustment...I also notice that mine seem to run in one gear, haven't heard it shift, (I know it can be heard from a friend that had a nitro car w/2 speed tranny. it can be heard). But I know the truck is fast, It definitly moves to be in one gear... This is How I found this web site, to find out info. on this R/C since you don't get much lititure in the box.
Well Happy New Years to you, Let me know if you find out any new tech tips, and I'll let you know anything I come up with...

Later..
Old 01-04-2005, 03:06 PM
jaymagic

hello just orderd a magic wheel from asia on uk ebay.
was very worried about spares from local model shops
but after reading all your views in usa i ain't worried and can't wait
even shipping parts over dos'nt worry me.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:24 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Note: quadzilla99, On the carb big long screw sticking out high speed fuel mixture screw, this tunes your top end performance, Inwards clockwise gives the engine less fuel on top end, outward counterclockwise more fuel on top end.

The screw through the throttle arm Low speed fuel mixture screw, helps adjust off idle to midrange power the same adjustments apply to it as above, but only use very slight adjustments, 1 hr increments then test performance.

Little screw with spring sticking out below air filter (Idle adjustment) makes engine idle faster or slower.

good luck
Old 01-06-2005, 10:33 AM
pxu12
Banned

hey, guys, go to www.rseetoys.com to see if you can find parts there. it seems this site only sell smartech stuff. good luck.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:38 AM
pxu12
Banned

hey, guys, go to www.rseetoys.com to see if you can find parts there. it seems this site only sell smartech stuff. good luck.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:21 AM
jaymagic

any more up dates on your magicwheels...the smartech thread got taken over with buggies...
well till now the clutch burnt out. replaced with hpi one,did the new exhaust header mod with hpi part not leaking
fuel all over the engine..
next... snapped the think inhalf bulkheads and skid plate.replaced with t-maxx parts
oh yes and the paper thin body shattered into bits and now replaced with a new
savage 25 body
Old 03-15-2005, 08:02 PM
randymxer65

Hey all. Haven't done much more on my Magic Wheel. Do have a Chevy Body on it that I had on Electric Car, But put it on the M.W. B/K the classic Ford truck body is too thin and cracked easy. dropped to 15% nitro seemed to run longer and cooler. But haven't run it in about almost 2 months.... once the weather gets warmer, i'll be thrashing!!!
Old 07-21-2005, 11:39 AM
4wheelfun

My friend just bought a magic wheel truck and it ROCKS! takes jumps climbs just about anything,i bought one too was very impressed
Attached Images   
Old 07-21-2005, 01:44 PM
jaymagic

hello welcome to the fold,happy bashing
when thebody gets smash get a stronger savage body
Old 08-03-2005, 04:45 PM
Prisoner316

I bought a the magic wheel off ebay for 157.00 +35$ in shipping and insurance, took about 5 days to get to me from hong kong and i love this truck. I know it was a "cheapie" but for that price this is the best deal for a novice. I have busted a few of the slide drive shafts but i found an ebay store that has taken the pictures right out of the manuel i got with the truck and has each and every peice on the truck for sale, right down to the screws in it. prices are reasonable. I have also been going to my lhs and buying tmaxx parts for it and they fit right in. once i got the air/fuel mix right this thing is unstopable! I highly recomend this truck to start out with. no sense in buying a 500$ tmaxx and not know how to fix it....does anyone know what kinda of oil goes int he shocks???
Old 08-03-2005, 06:34 PM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

shock oil goes in the shocks... most likely 40wt, about $4 for a tube which should do a whole set I think...
Old 01-30-2006, 05:30 AM
Woodmandan2

Hey I live in china and the lhs here is like e-bay. YOu don't always know if it's gonna work and they have nothing in the boxes. THey have a bunch of smartech stuff and they have the magic wheel buy i don't know if it was any good. I wanna know how much one is at a real store. ANd not some market a couple of miles down the street. I was looking at a t-maxx and i was thiking i would buy one when i go home w\for the summer. BUt now i see this and it look real nice too. THanks
Old 10-01-2006, 06:46 AM
jaymagic

hi dan
mine was £179 +postage and they are still abuot the same , afew post up and was $157
so how much where they on your market
jay
Old 01-06-2007, 06:38 AM
boyracer_gaz

i have a site were you can get parts for the truck. i havent used it yet as i am still waitinf for my truck to arive.... the only problem is that its in us dollers. but if you still wont it your welcome to have the link
Old 01-06-2007, 06:45 AM
boyracer_gaz

how many tanks of fuel should i run through the engine to breake the engine in?? and will any of the screws need ajusting when i am braking in the engine??
Old 01-06-2007, 10:38 AM
89ram

where can a guy get a better look at one of these? i've got some friends that might be interested for the kind of money you guys are talking about. are they distributed by snap-on tools too? i know a dealer.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:44 PM
boyracer_gaz

just bought 2 of these trucks as our first nitro venture.can someone discribe how to" break in " these engines as i know zip about this. as much detail as possible please, cos i,m lost.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:05 PM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: boyracer_gaz

just bought 2 of these trucks as our first nitro venture.can someone discribe how to" break in " these engines as i know zip about this. as much detail as possible please, cos i,m lost.
Start here --> [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2786285/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm]click[/link], and read Fuelmans posts, the 1st one is post #6 (just skip the 1st few).. He knows his stuff.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:20 PM
duckedup

btw... This truck is basically a knock-off Tmaxx right?
Old 01-19-2007, 07:02 AM
scottywilkes

yep knock of tmaxx with thinner chassis and lower quality plastics, but for the price it seems to be a reasonable little backyard basher. Il stick to my MGT though, hey Ducked?
Old 01-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Vigilante212

My dads got a magic wheel. its not a very fast truck he replaced the engine with a larger one, but its still undersized for the truck. Good for a backyard beater though. He managed to crack the body too and break the antenna pole into like 5 pieces.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:00 PM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: scottywilkes

yep knock of tmaxx with thinner chassis and lower quality plastics, but for the price it seems to be a reasonable little backyard basher. Il stick to my MGT though, hey Ducked?
Ya, I'll stick to the MGT too... I wasn't interested, just curious is all. I've never even really been a fan of the Tmaxx....
Old 01-19-2007, 06:53 PM
scottywilkes

nah neither mate, when i was lookin for my MT, i didnt like traxxas, didnt like TVPs, didnt like smallness of revo so i went MGT, and im glad i did
Old 01-25-2007, 12:42 PM
rcfireman97222

I just got a smartech Magic Wheel off ebay, having the same problem of not shifting, and I'm new to this so trying to adjust the fuel and air to get maximum preformance eludes me right now, if anyone could give me some examples of what they did it would be greatly appreciated, and also what upgrades are the best.

Thanks

I'm off to my lhs for a new lower suspension arm. I guess that will happen when you hit a wall at full throttle, and for those who have to talk crap about my Smartech I got it for 60.00 off ebay. Versus how much for a tmaxx?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.