Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

CEN .46 STEERING

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 12:03 PM
taichichuan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN .46 STEERING

I like what I see with the new cen genesis truck the only question I have is that how is the steering syncronized. In that does it have to servos one for the back one for the front. and if so how is it set up to turn the same. Or does one servo control the front and back. That being the case it would have to be pretty strong and I am guessing a stock servo could not handle that much. Let me know what you think. THANX
Old 03-11-2004, 12:34 PM
nitromacguyver

Default RE: CEN .46 STEERING

there are two servos. one in front and one in the back. the servos used will need to be identical so that they both do the same thing. this is because they will probably be connected to a 'Y' harness. a Y harnes plugs into the reciever with the bottom of the 'y' and the two top parts are connections for the servos. this lets the receiver tell the servos to do exactly the same thing.

also the servos that will come with it are high torque metal gear servos so they can handle the massive tires
Old 03-11-2004, 12:42 PM
mecky33

taichichuan, I just talked to Cen and they gave me the scoop on the steering. Its set up with a two servo system that goes through a "Y" connector and in to the receiver. They also said the receiver is specifically set up to run that way. Hope this helps.

Also one servo will be wired in reverse so that they turn opposite each other
Old 03-11-2004, 12:52 PM
nitromacguyver

oh yea, one of the servos will need to be reversed like mecky mentioned.
Old 03-11-2004, 01:28 PM
taichichuan

Hey thanx alot guys for the replys. That clears it all up for me. I am thinking about snagging one off these when they finally hit the shelves. The only bad thing now is the waiting. :P
Old 03-11-2004, 02:31 PM
mecky33

From talking to the guys at Cen, it is well worth the wait. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one one of these days.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:38 PM
taichichuan

I totally agree mecky. I have raced t-maxx and currently have a savage .21. I think this new truck is going to totally revolutionize the mt way. I mean even with the new four wheel steering , it is going to open up a whole new degree of fun. Can not wait to see how it handles on the track too. I think it is going to rock.
Old 03-11-2004, 08:25 PM
bustergonad

Mecky,

Has CEN given you any more info on a release date yet??
I e-mailed them a few days ago and no reply yet, their web site hasn't changed in a while and even their print ad, from this months magazines, says specs to be released in Jan '04!!!!!

TIA,

Roy
Old 03-11-2004, 09:06 PM
mecky33

No promises, but I will see if I can get an answer for you. my wife has said I cant have any more RC's unless I get them for free, so all I can do is dream about having a Genesis. So I kind of quit tracking when it was coming out and what was going on. But like I said, I will try to get some info.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:34 AM
Cal-Torque

I exchanged notes with the Canadian distributor, and he indicates that it will be out at the end of April.
Looks hot, but I think that CEN started hyping it too early. It's got a lot of talk to live up to...
Old 03-12-2004, 10:10 AM
nitromacguyver

how do you guys think it will compare to the new losi MT that will be coming out eventually? its supposed to be the biggest mt on the market when it comes out.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:36 AM
Troublesome2g4

You guys are nuts going crazy over 4x4x4. Lets just start off with this...If you are doing any type of speed with this truck you will not be able to turn without doing a major roll over. 4 wheel steering has just as many downfalls as it does good. Here we will go to a real life example...

GMC produced a high end pick up truck called the Silverado Denali...This truck has 4 wheel steering. Thing is GM cant have people rolling theri rides over so....When the truck is moving at more than 20 mph, the rear wheels, turn the SAME way as the front, essentially sliding the vehicle over, not turning a different direction. When the truck is doing under 20mph, THEN and only then do the back wheels turn opposite the front.

If any of you have ever driven a clod buster, it rolls even more than a t-maxx in turns....
Old 03-12-2004, 11:34 AM
taichichuan

Troublesome2g4 just to reply. nothing is worth knocking down untill it is actually tried out. As for the Silverado Denali...heres the down flow (working at gm) the roll over factor of the truck is completly operator error. Lets state the obvious facts first 2 wheel steering vs. four wheel. Naturally a driving style we are used to has a wider turning radius then a four wheel steering auto. The truck was built for work, hauling and moving around in tight places. More so manly catoring to contractors. The truch was not built for racing...but at the same time not to saying that the cen is going to suck at racing. In speed tests the roll over factor is do to people over compensating the stering. In though if you are driving down the road and say a deer runs in front of you. You react by jerking the wheel sharply to swerve around it. In the same instance you do this in a 4 wheel steering auto the same reaction would cause you to do a 180 or roll over because you are use to 2 wheel steering. People just need to learn how to drive all over again with a four wheel steering auto. Same with the cen truck if you get this truck and expect it to handle the same way i beleive you are in for a suprise. Yes it should handle better on the track, and i beleive it will out do all other trucks in most areas. You will have to retrain yourself on this trucks control. Remember to that when racing it is not how fast your truck is it is all up to the controller. Slight smooth hand movments and knowing when to break and when to hit the throttle and go for broke.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:07 PM
Greenol

I bet the steering would be awesome for crawling though
Old 03-12-2004, 04:14 PM
taichichuan

I agree Greenol. I have major plans for mine when I get it. I am going to widen the wheel base slightly. First thing I am going to do though is put a better front end on it. Maybe custom a front bumper or brush guard. There is just somthing about how the front end sticks out in front of the bumper I do not like. if you have a front end collision with somthing the wheels, arms, ect will take the absorbtion not the bumper and chassis. Strip it down and relock tight all that needs it and do a little show shine to it. OH yeah and try to make a gas tank guard also. :P