Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Cen Genesis Update

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 12:40 PM
mecky33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cen Genesis Update

For all of you looking for updates on the Genesis, here's the scoop. The release date is still mid April, but it could change due to extended testing. Cen is still trying to find problems with the truck and so far have only been able to break a few small things. For those of you that thought the composite driveshafts would be the weak point, they have yet to damage them. The drive shafts are not twisting, warping, cracking, stretching or any other type of wear or damage. Everyone looking for Engine specs, you still have to wait. Cen has been so busy trying to break the truck that they havent had time to put it on the dyno. Hope this helps those of you looking for info or trying to decide if you want one. By the way, this is all info that is from Cen and approved for posting and is current as of this morning at 0930.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:45 PM
bustergonad

Default RE: Cen Genesis Update

Hey, thanks for the update Mecky.
Good to know the truck will be durable
I guess I can hold out another 5 weeks or so, I just wish CEN would be a little better with the updates on the Genesis.

Thanks again,
Roy
Old 03-12-2004, 12:59 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Boy oh boy, this next generation of MT's is going to be very interesting to watch.

It is HIGHLY competitive from a manufacturer's standpoint, and the consumers (us) get to benefit!!

A nitro MT enthusiast can choose from a plethora of top of the line Nitro RC's unheard of just a few years ago.

Maxx, Savage, MGT, Losi LST, X-Factor, Mammoth, Genesis, Terra Crusher, TNX, Fun Factor, Thunder Quake, Mad Force, Dominator, Titan, Monster Pirate and on and on...

Wow!!! We are lucky we can choose from so many awesome trucks with so much aftermarket support. We
all have our preferences, but the choices are phenominal.

Personally, I REALLY REALLY wish Traxxas would release a new MT to stay on the top of the heap, as I feel it
is being somewhat antiquated by all of the new trucks, but what are you gonna do?

It's a great time to be an MT enthusiast!!!
Old 03-12-2004, 04:51 PM
ThermalRD

Thanks for the update mecky. Dale is right about the MT market. Its AWESOME!!! Back when i had my original maxx, racing was fun, but not like it is now. I was always racing other maxx trucks back then. Then the dominator was thrown in the mix. Now MT racing is better than ever. The other night at my track i raced my MGT along side 5 savage 25 RTR's, a couple SS's, and some maxx trucks. There was even an E-maxx out there. There are soo many choices now, and with choices comes competition. Not just competition on the track, but the price competition. With each company trying to stay on top, the prices will drop. I know the maxx just recently dropped in price, and i expect the rest to follow. Im curious to see what CEN does with this new truck. Im really curious to see the body. I wonder why they are soo secretive about it.

Matt
Old 03-12-2004, 09:22 PM
jluv

I'm sorry, the info from CEN sounds like a load of marketing malarkey.

"Cen is still trying to find problems with the truck and so far have only been able to break a few small things."

Either they are just feeding lines to this site or they really aren't testing the truck very hard. I've yet to see any truck leave a bashing session without something broken. And if you are doing big jumps, or running the truck hard - and with a beast this size you should be - somethings going to give.

If this really is a bulletproof truck, I will be getting one, but not after its been out for a while and its durability is proven. Until then, I'll let others live on the bleeding edge. That's my two cents.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:48 PM
mecky33

jluv, why dont you take a trip to the Cen Office and ask to drive the truck? Talk to Sean and tell him I sent you in. Then tell us what you think of it. I whole heartedly believe what Cen says. I talked to two guys there, one of which is a good friend and soon to be member of the USCG. Both of them said the same thing to me. And from running my MT2 I can only imagine how durable the Genesis will be. Some companies refuse to fix weak spots in their trucks because the can sell parts, Cen wants you to keep your truck running and have money to buy other vehicles from them.
Old 03-13-2004, 08:12 AM
Smokinjoe6450
My Feedback: (6)

I'm sorry, the info from CEN sounds like a load of marketing malarkey.

"Cen is still trying to find problems with the truck and so far have only been able to break a few small things."

Either they are just feeding lines to this site or they really aren't testing the truck very hard. I've yet to see any truck leave a bashing session without something broken. And if you are doing big jumps, or running the truck hard - and with a beast this size you should be - somethings going to give.

If this really is a bulletproof truck, I will be getting one, but not after its been out for a while and its durability is proven. Until then, I'll let others live on the bleeding edge. That's my two cents.
They aren't saying anything new. AE set their dates back for testing purposes. Losi.....will do the same. Cen is a good company that will make sure they can present the best truck they can, just like every other company. If it takes a few more weeks to fix some weak links , people should be greatful. Nobody said it is "bulletproof" they are just trying to send out a great product. Cudos to them.
Old 03-13-2004, 08:13 AM
popa71

I will never totally believe what any company tells me. If they were having some problems with the truck they wouldnt tell a consumer no matter how in you are with the people in the company. Jobs can be lost for leaking such info. !!!!!!!! I do believe this truck will bring something new to the MT world. But I think they are working out some bugs right now. Im not buying that making sure the truck is bullet proof line!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2004, 08:23 AM
Smokinjoe6450

Im not buying that making sure the truck is bullet proof line!!!!!!!

Where did Mecky say they are making it bulletproof? They are working out details!! This is what every company does!! This is nothing new!! I would rather push back a release date and try to work everything out that they can instead of throwing a piece of crap out and then having to release different versions until they get it right (ala HPI)
Old 03-13-2004, 08:33 AM
popa71

Ok The Part where he says they have yet to have any problems. Thats company bull!!! I beleive Mecky but I dont believe the company!!!!!!!!

You need to read as well because it doesnt say anything in his post about trying to work out problems. It says that they are doing continual testing to try and find problems but they havent found any, that my friend is company Malarky!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2004, 12:25 PM
mecky33

Alright, if the fighting continues I will have the moderators delete the post and I will not try to get any more info for anyone about the Genesis. I was trying to be nice and get some info for you guys that may not have been heard before. And popa you need to read what I posted, There have been problems with the truck, just nothing major. And no Cen isn't making a bulletproof truck, but they are trying to make it as durable as possible.

On another note, what I was told could be total crap. But i trust the guys that I talk to there because they have gone above and beyond to help me out with my truck, and they have personally thanked me for helping Cen customers on here because it makes their jobs easier. And no, I do not work for Cen. I volunteer my time because I believe in the products that Cen sells and I believe that they have as much to offer as any other high end RC manufacturer. So take what is said with a grain of salt if you like, I was just trying to be nice.
Old 03-13-2004, 02:05 PM
Spunkymanker

And I thank you Mecky!
It's great to get a little more information on this truck! I'm anxiously awaiting the release of this so I can check it out myself, but until then, this is good to hear.

I can't vouch for how good it will be, but from the sound of it, it's going to be another great truck from CEN! I've heard a lot of good things about the fun factor, and never anything bad so far.. If the Genesis is at least the same quality as the fun factor, we're going to have a great truck! And now I've actually SEEN a fun factor on the track.. hehe.. I'm impressed, it drove as well as trucks with twice as much money in them!
Old 03-13-2004, 02:52 PM
Smokinjoe6450

You need to read as well because it doesnt say anything in his post about trying to work out problems.
You obviously failed the reading comprehension section of the SAT.

I said......they are working out details. What this means is they are looking for the small things that could lead to a problem and make them as good as possible before release. Let me see if I can find where I said they are working out problems........

They are working out details!! This is what every company does!! This is nothing new!! I would rather push back a release date and try to work everything out that they can instead of throwing a piece of crap out and then having to release different versions until they get it right (ala HPI)
Oh well.....couldn't find it.

Sorry Mecky but I just hate it when people do not read posts and twist things around when they are right in front of you in black and white. The Genesis should be a great truck.....
Old 03-13-2004, 02:56 PM
popa71

MALARKY!!!!! You need to read your own post. Working out details doesnt sound like problems to me. Your post makes it sound like its perfect!!!!!!! Im done with this one!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2004, 09:03 PM
Smokinjoe6450

wow........bye bye [:@]
Old 03-13-2004, 09:03 PM
mecky33

Popa, you are complaining about something other than what this thread was started for. Read the first post, say your piece and move on. There is no reason to get upset and argue about something so stupid. I said in my original post that they had found a few problems but nothing major. Not that they where working out the details. That was a mis-quote by another member. So chill out and dont get all bent out of shape for nothing.
Old 03-13-2004, 10:11 PM
RCFreakInFL
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Mecky, this post is getting shut down. I know you had good intentions on the post....you know, this always happens when someone "leaks" information about an upcoming product with good repore....people want to criticize something they don't know anything about, just to be skeptics. Those of you who were out of line in this post were warned, please do not continue the harassing in these forums.....