Twin Titan owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 06:35 PM
gregmax

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Twin Titan owners

ORIGINAL: hansdava

?..........
Sorry I was meant to reply to pgw23 query about shock springs and shock oil.............[]
Old 05-12-2004, 10:28 AM
Pushrod02
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Built a fire in mine this past weekend for the first time and these things are unbelievable on acceleration! Was taking it easy on RPM but it's quite impressive. Ran a couple tanks of fuel in both motors bringing them up to temp and then shutting down for a cool down. I'm having a bit of a problem keeping the left engine running when both are fired up. Run just the left or right and they run fine but, with both running the left one wants to die when I get off the throttle..?? Kind of wonder if it's the way the fuel line runs around the back side of the left motor and contacts the crank case. Both motors running setting up a harmonic and inducing bubbles in the fuel line when I slow down. What you guys think. Needles are set at 3 turns out per factory spec, makes a nice squirt gun.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:40 AM
Mxracer45

ORIGINAL: Pushrod02

Don't know what parts to tell you to keep on hand but guess I'll find out. Got a chance to drive one last weekend and WOW, these things are fast! Couldn't stand it, came home and ordered one, be here tomorrow . Best price I could find was here, http://www.pyramidhobbies.com/index.html
WOW that place has great prices.
Old 05-13-2004, 04:36 PM
helipilot225
My Feedback: (1)

thanks for the help ill give it a try and let you know how i make out
Old 05-15-2004, 10:57 AM
mratop
My Feedback: (6)

Default Titan owner

Titan owners beware, my brother and I each own a titan for about a year now, and love the truck..
However, we have spent at LEAST 500.00 on parts and have more bench time than run time. I suggest a good relationship
with nitrohouse for parts.Here is asmall list of spare parts I recomend. Bearings, diff gears, diff cups & set screws, engine bearings & clutch
shoes, drive shafts, misc.screws,etc... I recomend checking all set screws , nuts & bolts before every play day.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:00 PM
pgw23

I have ran about 6 tanks through each engine now. The engine must have loosened up now it just started running like a raped ape! It went 32 mph but i had to slow down due to limited space just after it hit 2nd gear
I think I pushed it a little to hard though. I was actually burning a little rubber (on dry blacktop) and I think I may have chipped a tooth in the rear diff. []
I will find out this weekend when I look into this.
ORIGINAL: hansdava

you sure it is fast enough to beat mammoth.......