Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Possible CEN section opening on RCU...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Possible CEN section opening on RCU...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 04:47 PM
RCFreakInFL
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible CEN section opening on RCU...

Guys, I just wanted to see what kind of interest we would have, for opening a new CEN section here in the MT forum. We recently added a MGT forum, and so far, it is off to a slow but steady start. I have been weeding through the posts in here, and it seems like there is a lot of interest for CEN, as far as MT's go....please, reply with some feedback. This is not a promise, or anything of the sort....just an inquiry....I will pull some strings to get us this section, if it seems the interest would be there.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:08 PM
Mxracer45

Default RE: Possible CEN section opening on RCU...

I see more things on the xtm mammoth then the cen.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:15 PM
Mxracer45

Half of this mt page is about the mammoth.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:26 PM
RCFreakInFL
Banned

So in essence, you're saying you personally would not like a CEN forum.....ok, theres one vote to the no side....anybody else?
Old 05-10-2004, 05:28 PM
Mxracer45

I wasnt sayin no. Im just sayin i believe there is more xtm mammoth stuff goin on instead of the mt2. By all means create a cen forum but i would think that a xtm mammoth/x-factor or sumthin would be great as well.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:36 PM
RCFreakInFL
Banned

I will put a good word in for a possible XTM forum as well as a CEN.....we'll see. Personally, it is hard weeding through all of the posts about both CEN and XTM's.....and I would like to see them each having their own forum. As I'm sure most of you remember, at one time we didn't have any sub-categories, and all of the MT's were in 1 discussion forum, then we split up the MAXX and Savage users into their own forums, because so many threads were getting trashed by the drivers, since the contraversy was so high between the brands....

I am now seeing numerous posts about new MT's coming to the market, and I think having their own forums, could be a safe venture....our dilemma here on RCU, is that we do not want to swamp the forums with a sub-category for each and every model....this tends to be rhetorical, and sways users away....some people do not like scrolling through all of the subsections, because its time consuming....unfortunately they are missing out on good reading and information, and we don't want this to happen.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:38 PM
Element

I would say you could try the cen forum out and if it dosent work then just remove it.I think it would be a good idea but some thigns taht I htought were a good idea have turned out to suck

Also most the posts on the mammoth are "should I get one".
Old 05-10-2004, 06:23 PM
fourwheeler

It would be a good idea to have a Cen forum because when the Genesis hits the streets there are going to be alot of opinions and talk going on.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:02 PM
petrolpixie

i would like to see a cen forum as well. there are alot of noobs getting in to the hobby and are buying this truck so it would be good for them to be able to go to one section to find an answer rather then having to search thru tons of other threads
Old 05-10-2004, 11:10 PM
sownare

No. Cen won't be around too long if they don't update their MT2. And if their Genesis tanks, there goes the company with it.

The MT2 is an old design and has been thoroughly analyzed in the MT forum. Also, the Genesis is pricey and not a lot of people are going to buy it. For these reasons, the existing Mt forum is more than adequate for addressing Cen interests and concerns.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:16 AM
nitrobashinauz

lol, use the search button,
the search button is you're friend,
remember that one RCFreakInFL??
a few people started threads about this and they got no support whatsoever.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:52 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

I will be glad to see the CEN chatter quiet down in the man forum personally. You could just call it 'A Few Die Hard CEN fans forum'

I don't think the CEN line warrants it's own forum, but I will be glad to see the chatter of a 'cult' like following quiet down.

Of course on the other side of the coin, there probably is such a think as too much segregation. For example, I used to read Monster GT and rockcrawling threads, but now that they are in new seperate forums, I don't visit them at all.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:59 AM
mecky33

Compared to the Traxxas, HPI, and Mammoth trucks, the Cen trucks do not get the same level of chatter. I say no to a Cen forum simply because there is not enough traffic to support it.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:52 PM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

Please, please have a seperate forum for the CEN trucks. Its a little annoying having the same 1 or 2 people constantly telling us how great they are. Give them a seperate forum to pat each other on their backs
Old 05-11-2004, 05:10 PM
Element

ORIGINAL: Razoo

Please, please have a seperate forum for the CEN trucks. Its a little annoying having the same 1 or 2 people constantly telling us how great they are. Give them a seperate forum to pat each other on their backs
lol I have felt that about other trucks and even my own soemtimes
Old 05-11-2004, 05:53 PM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

Old 05-11-2004, 10:49 PM
nd2xlr8

Agreed, my vote is give them their own forum. Some might not want their own, because they won't be able to promote Cen products to the rest of the world. Some Cen fans legitimately want to be able to discuss Cen related issues without cluttering up the main board. In time I feel that other brands will warrant their own section. If it will reduce the whole "Should I buy a Genesis or ?????", I am all for it. Notice that most, not all. of the Revo talk is located in the Traxxas forum.

Normally I am against segregation, but when it comes to Cen, segregate!
Old 05-11-2004, 11:29 PM
vizaracer

ORIGINAL: RCFreakInFL

I will put a good word in for a possible XTM forum as well as a CEN.....we'll see. Personally, it is hard weeding through all of the posts about both CEN and XTM's.....and I would like to see them each having their own forum. As I'm sure most of you remember, at one time we didn't have any sub-categories, and all of the MT's were in 1 discussion forum, then we split up the MAXX and Savage users into their own forums, because so many threads were getting trashed by the drivers, since the contraversy was so high between the brands....

I am now seeing numerous posts about new MT's coming to the market, and I think having their own forums, could be a safe venture....our dilemma here on RCU, is that we do not want to swamp the forums with a sub-category for each and every model....this tends to be rhetorical, and sways users away....some people do not like scrolling through all of the subsections, because its time consuming....unfortunately they are missing out on good reading and information, and we don't want this to happen.
i agree about having several sub sections can make it frustrating to finally get to the topic that you want so i am going to vote no on this one. and if every truck gets its own sub-section, their will be very little people in the monster truck main forum.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:31 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how about if everyone posts their "ideal" layout for forums and names here so we can mosh through them and figure out what most of you seem to like/want
Old 05-12-2004, 12:34 AM
vizaracer

how about we have it so that you can have all the forums put together on the topic screen with all the posts together (like one monster truck forum) and have it so you could separate them if you want to look at a certain car/truck. i think that if it was this way, everyone could view all the posts like Dale Gribber said that he use to look at the MGT posts and the rock crawler posts before this. doing it this way would make it so you are able to view all the posts if you want to or narrow it down to your certain car/truck you want to view the posts for. also have it so the number of trucks are unlimited so you wont have to update for more trucks by having it by them typing in the truck and if you make a little choosing catagory thing people could type in their car name and have all the posts relating that car come up. for the post it could prompt you for the car so it will go in the right topic.

i think that could be a thought to do. if i made it confusing please tell me and ill revise what i said.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:10 AM
ThermalRD

Well, i would rather see the sub-categories. Having all the trucks in the Monster Truck category is just asking for flame wars. The CEN guys have to weed thru the Losi threads, and the MGT guys have to weed thru the Traxxas threads. See what im saying? Id rather click the Monster Truck header, and be directed to some split up forums. That way the guys that like savage, will be in there helping other savage owners. When someone asks about the MGT, or any other truck in that particular forum, they dont get the "hey, have you seen the CEN MT2?" If i have a question about the MGT, i can go straight to the section where the owners hang out.

****Monster Truck****
Savage
T-maxx (later do this as a Traxxas/Revo/T-maxx)
MGT
CEN MT2/Genesis/ etc.
Kyosho (mad force/ twin force/ etc.)
Losi LST
XTM (mammoth/Xfactor1/Xfactor 2)

I know it will be less active in some forums, but what good are any of the threads with all the arguing?

Matt
Old 05-12-2004, 04:11 PM
Sweetshoes90210

I say yes. Lets try it out. If people do not post frequently I would drop it...
Old 05-12-2004, 05:28 PM
vizaracer

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Well, i would rather see the sub-categories. Having all the trucks in the Monster Truck category is just asking for flame wars. The CEN guys have to weed thru the Losi threads, and the MGT guys have to weed thru the Traxxas threads. See what im saying? Id rather click the Monster Truck header, and be directed to some split up forums. That way the guys that like savage, will be in there helping other savage owners. When someone asks about the MGT, or any other truck in that particular forum, they dont get the "hey, have you seen the CEN MT2?" If i have a question about the MGT, i can go straight to the section where the owners hang out.

****Monster Truck****
Savage
MGT
CEN MT2/Genesis/ etc.
Losi LST

I know it will be less active in some forums, but what good are any of the threads with all the arguing?

Matt
i meant that all of them will be separated if you click on a sub catagory but if you want to go to your truck/ car just click on its sub catagory. so when you just want to read posts, go in the general forum for all the trucks and then click your car if you want to. i like it because you can look at all the posts if you are looking for a car such as the savage or t-maxx have different forums. well, you would be able to view both of them with this idea to see what the common problems with both are and to see what everyone wants. but it would be like this for all of the cars. then you can just hit a sub catagory and it will take all of your car/truck posts for the car/truck you select and it will make it so you view them only if you dont want to weed through everything
Old 05-12-2004, 07:16 PM
petrolpixie

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

****Monster Truck****
Savage
MGT
CEN MT2/Genesis/ etc.
Losi LST

Matt
i agree with the set up above that thermal has done. it would make it that much easier to locate the truck/car u want