Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Project 1/5 scale Monster truck!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Project 1/5 scale Monster truck!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 06:33 PM
ircrazyandweird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project 1/5 scale Monster truck!

This is my page. I am attempting to build a 1/4-1/5 scale 2wd monster truck. I will probably attempt to convert it to a 4x4 later...if I can pull off the 2wd first. I just started ordering parts but I will be updating frequently.
[link=http://www.ruscovehicleupgrades.com/RCTruckProject.html]http://www.ruscovehicleupgrades.com/RCTruckProject.html[/link]
Old 05-12-2004, 09:17 PM
fourwheeler

Default RE: Project 1/5 scale Monster truck!

More power to you boss. I wish I had the guts to try something like that.
Old 05-13-2004, 03:27 AM
allen0622

Projects are great, keep us posted. What scale are those servos and how much are they? 583oz.! wow, don't tear off any fingers, or your arm!
If it costs more than $1100.00 here's a 1/6 scale for ya. http://www.molzermoweryracing.com/off_road
Old 05-13-2004, 01:33 PM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

wht are you gona use to drive the axles? i started making something like this, it used self propelled lawn mower axles, 3/8" universal socekts, telescoping axles, and i had the 4 link made. i stopped working on it when i got a real car. if u IM me on aim @ sn Isphius, or pm me, i can help u with anything. i have a lot of experience with home made gizmos like these. what are you going to use to power this thing? i had a 4 stroke overhead valve weedwacker sized honda motor, those motors really make some torque compared to weedwackers, and they run forever on a tank of gas. i used one to power a scooter and i still have another. i definatley recomend those motors. i never got a clutch worked out, but i would have found something if i continued this project. i also couldnt find any suitable wheel hubs at the time.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:01 PM
Nitrotech

Good Luck and keep us posted.

-Dallas