Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

An idle mind.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 07:13 PM
fourwheeler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An idle mind.......

I was just dinking around the other night and got to thinking about the new LST from Losi. (Don't ask...sometimes my mind wanders lol ) If the deciding factor for getting an LST is the fact that it has 1/8 buggy type shocks on it then why don't I put buggy shocks on the Monster GT?? Will they even fit??

So as the old saying goes "an idle mind is the devil's workshop" I got the GT out and whooped off one of the rear shocks, took one of the shocks of the Ofna buggy and did a swap and guess what I found???

The buggy shocks are a bolt on. You would need 4 or perhaps you would run 8 with lighter springs and oil just for kicks. The only difference is in overall length. The Ofna Ultra buggy shocks were about 1/4 inch shorter than the Monster gt shock. Perhaps another buggy has a shock that is equal in length to the GT.

So that is where I stand now on this project. I am thinking about running 8 buggy shocks on the GT and making it the ultimate jumper.

Any thoughts????
Old 05-18-2004, 07:20 PM
chase044
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: An idle mind.......

well...theres only one thing thats wrong with that. the lst shcoks are not 1/8 buggy shcoks. they are a whole new shock. look at the team losi site where they have the shocks next to the other shocks. http://www.teamlosi.com/kits/pics/LS...comparison.jpg heres the link to the pic. see the diffrence.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:20 PM
Savage_Dias

Ummm... Go for it!

I'm wanting to think the LST has larger (in diameter) shocks tho. Probably just me. I'm sure someone will come in quoting articles & Losi's website.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:18 PM
fourwheeler

OK well maybe not buggy shocks per se. But the shock setup in the LST is what everyone is looking at with the LST. And I just got to thinking about how cool the GT would be with buggy shocks. Heck...anyone can buy some Integy shocks and slap them on there.