Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Who else is sick of CEN?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 10:08 AM
motorpsycho502

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who else is sick of CEN?

Who else has had enough of CEN's crap? People on here saying their LHS has like ten of the Genesis but dealers on the west coast dont have any or very few. I am one of those poor suckers that paid in full and will not get one out of the first shipment, TWO WEEKS,, TWO WEEKS, my neighbors bird has a bigger vocabulary than that. OH WELL, I will not let myself be victim of more BS when that shipment comes in. So on with plan B, Get a Mammoth, a Savage or an LST.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:40 AM
ThermalRD

Default RE: Who else is sick of CEN?

Well, im less than pleased with the marketing approach, and the apparent lack of quality in the truck. However, the owners posting here are kind enough to give us an honest review. Negative, but honest. I dont want my input to cause any more stress, so i'll leave the complaining to the actual owners of the truck. I hope CEN takes care of them.

Matt
Old 06-28-2004, 10:48 AM
motorpsycho502

I am back in the LST camp, I THINK. A savage prolly would be fine but is kinda dated. So whats the latest on the LST, late next month or what?
Old 06-28-2004, 03:02 PM
YanBooth

I just got the magazine from HH today, advertising it for sale...
Yan
PS-The Tork magazine!

ORIGINAL: motorpsycho502

I am back in the LST camp, I THINK. A savage prolly would be fine but is kinda dated. So whats the latest on the LST, late next month or what?
Old 06-28-2004, 03:24 PM
ThermalRD

No, its not out yet. This is a nasty rumor to start without actually having a truck in your posession.

ORIGINAL: YanBooth

Its out, I just got the magazine from HH today, advertising it for sale...
Yan
PS-The Tork magazine!

ORIGINAL: motorpsycho502

Old 06-28-2004, 03:26 PM
YanBooth

Not starting any rumors, just saying that I saw it for sale in the manufacturers magazine...
Yan
Old 06-28-2004, 03:34 PM
ThermalRD

LOL. Man, read up a couple posts, and you'll clearly see that you said "it was out". No big deal though man. Just saying there are ALOT of people waiting on this truck. And alot of angry people will be calling losi if they find out they did a release like the Genesis with 1 truck to each store.

Matt
ORIGINAL: YanBooth

Not starting any rumors, just saying that I saw it for sale in the manufacturers magazine...
Yan
Old 06-28-2004, 03:40 PM
YanBooth

Confused here, you saying its bad, the LST? I don't understand the part about the genesis, and the LST... Explain it for slow old me please? LOL
Yan
Old 06-28-2004, 03:41 PM
motorpsycho502

CEN did it even goofier than that, they seem to have supplied all east coast stores with the orders, then with out calculating supply, they ran out of trucks, so while people that prepaid from a west coast dealer are screwed, there are dealers I am sure in the east that have no buyers for their trucks they have. NOW THIS IS THE DEFINITION OF STUPID. I HOPE CEN FALLS FLAT ON THEIR RESPECTIVE FACES[:@] But I really dont care any more.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:19 PM
icenutz

As I await my LST, it appears my situation is not much better. Don't get your hopes up for either of these trucks until you actually can get your hands on one.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:10 PM
REVOvulation
My Feedback: (1)

What I have learned from this forum is that the CEN loyalists will hunt you down and kill you in your sleep if you bash the CEN product. I mean, the damn truck could melt into a pile of mush, and it is still a product perfect in their eyes. And if you complain or describe your "unfortunate" experience, they scream "user error". WHAT!?! Was the truck designed to be a shelf queen? It has a engine bigger than my Honda Civic but the damn truck can't pull itself out of it's own way!?!

So far, both DVRcrash and RCNutz both felt like soaking the Genesis in Nitro and lightin' it on FiRe...

Someone, please deploy the CEN ninja to kill me!!!
Old 06-28-2004, 09:35 PM
YanBooth

Is it just me, or have you gotten a warning for bashing CEN?
Yan
ORIGINAL: Konneker

What I have learned from this forum is that the CEN loyalists will hunt you down and kill you in your sleep if you bash the CEN product. I mean, the damn truck could melt into a pile of mush, and it is still a product perfect in their eyes. And if you complain or describe your "unfortunate" experience, they scream "user error". WHAT!?! Was the truck designed to be a shelf queen? It has a engine bigger than my Honda Civic but the damn truck can't pull itself out of it's own way!?!

So far, both DVRcrash and RCNutz both felt like soaking the Genesis in Nitro and lightin' it on FiRe...

Old 06-28-2004, 09:47 PM
REVOvulation

It is all kidding of course. No I haven't been warned, you can't get a warning for being civil yet verbose about a company or it's products. I am refering to the other "die-hard" CEN followers in the other "threads". Some of them come out of left feild... they just can't accept that some peope don't have the same opinion about CEN's products.

Who here has ever been warned for shouting out your opinion?!?!
Old 06-28-2004, 10:52 PM
YanBooth

ME![] Well, I was stating my dislikes of the .15 T Maxx, in a umm, rather provocative manner.
Yan
Old 06-29-2004, 08:31 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, using profanity will definately draw the mod's attention.

I am not sick of Cen as a company, in fact I hope they do well, as more competition means more variety of products for us at a better price. However there are some members here who feel that Cen can do no wrong and will bash you just for having an unbiased opinion. Some go as far as having Cen in their screen name as well as a slanted remark towards other products.

The MT2 seems to be a capable vehicle at a great price, but so far it looks as if Cen dropped the ball with the Genesis. It's also funny how now that the Genesis is actually out and getting negative reviews by members here, the same cheerleaders who were willing to start flames over the Genesis are not around.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:55 PM
REVOvulation

Jefx,

Sounds like we are on the same page about some of these unCENsibles. I too hope the truck does well. Who in their right mind would wish that only one brand does well? It would be a monopoly. Prices could escalate and we would be helpless. I want all of the manufactures to do well. It keeps this hobby exciting, fast-paced, fun. I want to learn more about many great products, especially monster trucks. The only way to enjoy this hobby more is to have more axx-kicking products!

(As for CEN's support and forum "experts", I am beginning to feel like the Genesis will have a difficult time earning it's own from the prelim reviews from these actual users.)
Old 06-30-2004, 02:48 AM
monst@r

ORIGINAL: Konneker

I could say the same about Traxxas fanatics ('Specially at the Traxxas boards). But there's a difference between bashing a product you don't own, and bashing a product you do own.

Edit: Already look at how many people are obssessed about the Revo. It's almost as if they think it's a token from God.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:27 AM
YanBooth

I must agree with you about how plp are all loving of the Revo, BUT! I am like that of the LST, and its not out either. But I also have had bad times with Traxxas stuff, so I am more willing to adore the LST!!!!!!
Yan
Old 06-30-2004, 12:06 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Good point S7!!

There are too many people who bash a product just because they THINK in their head that a product is bad just because it doesnt have .. as many shocks as the other one.. or because it has a motor with small displacement..

I guess the ball is in our court.. we should take everything we get from amateurs with a pinch of salt..
Use your own discrimination and decide whether that review applies to you..
If you've had a great time with TMAXX or CEN products.. GREAT!!

Folks are too hasty to make generalized statements...
Thats my understanding. Everyone is different and so is their opinions.. I guess bad service and excessive breakage of products is about the only things we can talk about without bias!

ram
Old 06-30-2004, 12:18 PM
T-Maxx killer with my cen mt2

Well I'm right here Jefx, and to be honest I really don't care what these peoples reviews say. To me they don't mean nothing at all, and on some things has seemed that it was user errors.

the same cheerleaders who were willing to start flames over the Genesis are not around.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:21 PM
T-Maxx killer with my cen mt2

the same cheerleaders who were willing to start flames over the Genesis are not around.
[/quote]
I was quoting JEFX.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:20 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I wasn't necessarily talking about you, but you just helped to prove my point.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:37 PM
Billsky
My Feedback: (37)

ORIGINAL: jefx

Well I wasn't necessarily talking about you, but you just helped to prove my point.
As I remember a few months back jefx, you were the one saying you would not put up $75.00 deposit for the genesis. Smart move.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:54 PM
sbb4us

Just because I am such a nice guy, anyone that dislikes the genesis so much can box it up an send it to me.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:55 PM
Billsky
My Feedback: (37)

ORIGINAL: sbb4us

Just because I am such a nice guy, anyone that dislikes the genesis so much can box it up an send it to me.
I will wait it out and just use all the experiences of the others with a genesis to my advantage. Break in pullstart ect. I will probably receive mine mid July sometime I hope[X(]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.