RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Truckzilla Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 05:10 PM
nd2xlr8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truckzilla Review

Hi all,

. I have recently got my Truckzilla up and running. I figured some people out there would

appreciate a review. I purchased my Zilla with some hesitation, after reading several negative

reviews. I payed $300 even for it, kinda on the high side.

. I completed assembly in under three hours, broke the motor in the same day. It started

every time with a couple of pulls. I have a pull-starter on my .25 also, and you can tell a big

difference in how hard you have to pull to turn it over.

. The next weekend I thought I would start trying to tune it in. It seemed very sluggish and

would not shift into second. I checked the temp and it seemed too hot at 290 degrees. I

fiddled with it for a couple of tanks with no luck, so I called it a day. I also developed some

major blister's. Very disappointed at this point, with a nauseated feeling.

. The next day I determined that my low speed needle was too lean and my idle needle was

covering it up. It took most of the day to figure this out, so I did'nt get to dial it in. At this point

I am still disappointed.

. The next day I got everything to fall into place. This thing came alive. It was pure Evil.

The top end was only slightly better than stock, if any. The low end made up for any of the

top end's failing's. I have too ease the throttle to keep it from flipping over. It could be moving

already and still bring the front tires off the ground. I ditched the heavy wheel's it came with

and it seemed more responsive. Now I am pleased.

. My Opinion is the Zilla would not make a good track racer, but it is a fun basher. I don't

recommend the wheel's, they seem too heavy, if you like the big joe's you should like these.

You will own all bragging right's with this monster.

From all the negative review's I have seen, this kit is very underrated!