Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

TRUCK OF THE YEAR

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 07:36 PM
MrSavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRUCK OF THE YEAR

according to rccaraction magazine (the one with billions of adds) traxxas' revo is truck of the year! i have never really liked traxxas that much until this truck came out and i agree with their choice for truck of the year this time. last year it was t-maxx, i thought it should be the savage 25 buttt this year they picked the right truck. anyone agree or disagree?
Old 07-12-2004, 07:41 PM
creyc

Default RE: TRUCK OF THE YEAR

I agree.

While other trucks may be more durable or faster or have larger engines the Revo truly is a revolution for RC trucks. The suspension design is bounds ahead of the rest of the industry. This together with the electronic/optical sensor on the shifting mechanism and the unique chassis plate make it completely different from the norm. It's ability to perform on the other hand makes it outstanding and is something that will need to be completely tested after the truck is actually released. In general however I think it's a fantastic turn for the industry and agree with it being nominated truck of the year. Congrats Traxxas!
Old 07-12-2004, 07:56 PM
MrSavage

thanks for the post. after reading everything the revo comes with rtr, i don't feel the NEED to add tons of hop-ups because it seems darn good out of the box. two things i will add as soon as i get one though is a failsafe and a synthesized receiver so i can use my XS3 with it.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:03 PM
HPIDUDE

i dont disagree with the descion but i do think that it was awarded the title prematurely. They havent even reviewed it and it hasnt shipped yet!! RCCA is very Traxxas Propagandive
Old 07-12-2004, 08:04 PM
HPIDUDE

As i have said before: If i could put a sirio .23 in it i would have it
Old 07-12-2004, 08:09 PM
Mxracer45

WHY would people agree? I mean my god its not even released yet how can anybody say anything about it? WHy didnt rcca wait and teste the lst before jumping the gun on the revo. Exactly.... Traxxas and RCCA are together on everythhing that happens in that magazine. I will probably unsubscribe too them soon.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:11 PM
StatikG35

Could somebody tell my why a Revo is better than a LST? Maybe I'm not reading enough RCCA, but the LST looks like a much better truck, especially considering the really good reviews thus far.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:12 PM
HPIDUDE

thank you mxracer and statik
Old 07-12-2004, 08:19 PM
Texdav

Personally;I can't see any of the new trucks being named. Revo not out yet;LST out a week.Biut then it at least is consistent with their reviews that never do anything but Hype all the trucks.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:23 PM
HPIDUDE

we didnt say that it was the wrong choice, were saying that the descion was made too early.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:25 PM
sarpiparpi

jus another tmaxx
Old 07-12-2004, 08:25 PM
sarpiparpi

i meant traxxas
Old 07-12-2004, 08:53 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I absolutely disagree with the Revo being named "truck of the year". I mean, why is it truck of the year?

What grounds did they test this and other trucks to find which is the best? What were the actual rigorous tests that not only the Revo but ALL other trucks were put through to determine which is better than ALL the rest? What other trucks were placed head-to-head with the Revo during these tests? What were the results of these tests?

Where there even any tests at all?..............No. There were no tests, there were no side-by-side comparisons to any other trucks. In fact, until the Revo is actually released to the public, THERE REALLY IS NO REVO! Sure it exists, but does anyone actually have one? Until this truck is in the public's hands, it's still an unavailable product! So how can they name a product "The Best" if it isn't even out yet?

Don't get me wrong, The Revo LOOKS impressive, but I've only really seen advertisements.

So what does it actually mean to be "truck of the year"?..............Absolutely nothing.
Why is it "truck of the year"?...............Just because they say so.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:55 PM
HPIDUDE

traxxxas probably gave them a check for the truck of the year award
Old 07-12-2004, 08:57 PM
breakin2
My Feedback: (1)

If a magazine wants to name it "Truck of the Year," fine. However, people who have never driven the thing before should not be chiming in and saying how they agree with award since they have no firsthand knowledge of how the thing handles.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:17 PM
Burna Tire

when other mags,say 4WOR pick a "truck of the year" its usually after many test sesions with many vehicles head to head,and at the END of the year.

RCCA has ZERO credibility IMO if they announce any truck as this years best when 1, the year far from over yet and 2, the revo isnt even out to be real world tested against the other contenders.

About all that rag is worth is to line the kitty litter box! [:'(]

Burn
Old 07-12-2004, 09:35 PM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

hey if you pay enough money any truck can be TRUCK OF THE YEAR... thats really sad i think people should vote on things like this... not leave it up to a hand full of people that work at a magazine!! but hey im not saying that there was any wrong doing here...
Old 07-12-2004, 10:38 PM
methane

ORIGINAL: jefx

I absolutely disagree with the Revo being named "truck of the year". I mean, why is it truck of the year?

What grounds did they test this and other trucks to find which is the best? What were the actual rigorous tests that not only the Revo but ALL other trucks were put through to determine which is better than ALL the rest? What other trucks were placed head-to-head with the Revo during these tests? What were the results of these tests?

Where there even any tests at all?..............No. There were no tests, there were no side-by-side comparisons to any other trucks. In fact, until the Revo is actually released to the public, THERE REALLY IS NO REVO! Sure it exists, but does anyone actually have one? Until this truck is in the public's hands, it's still an unavailable product! So how can they name a product "The Best" if it isn't even out yet?

Don't get me wrong, The Revo LOOKS impressive, but I've only really seen advertisements.
<snip>
i agree w/ you jefx. it's not that the revo couldn't be truck of the year, it certainly could be; it is definitely impressive--i dig the suspension and the optical shift looks cool-- but how can it be named truck of the year w/o having head to head tests like car magazines do? (and then print the head to head tests).

on top of that, the revo hasn't really hit the shelves yet. what's going on here. everybody says rcca has sold out to traxxas so maybe it is true (although i haven't read enough recent issues to make that determination myself)

i admit i haven't seen the truck of the year issue yet so perhaps the article explains our questions
Old 07-12-2004, 10:47 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

its only the truck of the year because its a traxxas. look at all the past trucks of the year in rcca magazine..........hmmm t-maxx, t-maxx, and hey another t-maxx! i hate the magazine.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:50 PM
MrSavage

ya'll do have a valid point and are making me rethink my decision. like you guys said, i think the revo looks very, very great and could quite possibly be truck of the year but it hasn't even been in the hands of us 'normal' people yet. i think the lst looks great although i have not driven one. the thing i don't like about the lst is that i have an xs3 so i don't want to spend that extra money on that truck when i already have the radio in the box. losi should offer the LST without radio equipment. i agree, i think rccaraction should have waited a few more months before making their decision.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:59 PM
bkmademedoit

it does seem quite suspicious to be named truck of the year with no testing. as with other magizines on various subjects from dirt bikes to fishing to computer games there is some sort of head to head shoot out between competitors. with none of these tests how do you know its better? because a fat bank account says so i'd say.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:03 PM
RedDawg303

lol, i think its funny. i bet if this were the same situation with the LST, some of you guys wouldnt be saying anything about truck of the year. just an inkling. i agree with what you say, but how do you that they didnt do any testing, just because the revo wasnt out to the public at the time, doesnt mean they couldnt get one to test. but i quess they probably would have said somthing if they did extensive testing. i still think the reason that some you guys wont give the revo much credit is because of what you here about maxxes being junk and all that and how traxxas's electrics are like toys, but there is nothing on this truck that is shared with the maxxes, so you cant really expect it to be of poor qaulity or durability and performance because of its name? i think people love the LST for its name the most, that truck is great and all, but its not too much different from your average monster, but its still unique with its four fatty shocks and its daul steering servos. the revo is ground breaking and totally unique and built to perform the best, and it will too, i like all the monster trucks but i think the revo is the ultimate from what ive seen.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:04 PM
HPIDUDE

iposted this to the rcx zone and he said that they compared it to trucks availble at the time of testing, the testing took place months ago, cheap B*******
Old 07-12-2004, 11:08 PM
MrSavage

in the mag it said that they were given 3 revos that they tested on all different terrains for 3 months. so its not like they didn't do testing but i still think its too early.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:12 PM
HPIDUDE

ORIGINAL: N-Rusty17

lol, i think its funny. i bet if this were the same situation with the LST, some of you guys wouldnt be saying anything about truck of the year. just an inkling. i agree with what you say, but how do you that they didnt do any testing, just because the revo wasnt out to the public at the time, doesnt mean they couldnt get one to test. but i quess they probably would have said somthing if they did extensive testing. i still think the reason that some you guys wont give the revo much credit is because of what you here about maxxes being junk and all that and how traxxas's electrics are like toys, but there is nothing on this truck that is shared with the maxxes, so you cant really expect it to be of poor qaulity or durability and performance because of its name? i think people love the LST for its name the most, that truck is great and all, but its not too much different from your average monster, but its still unique with its four fatty shocks and its daul steering servos. the revo is ground breaking and totally unique and built to perform the best, and it will too, i like all the monster trucks but i think the revo is the ultimate from what ive seen.
You are right about the lst. i dont think the electric traxxas' are cheap but they arent as good as ae's and losis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.